Chinnubie's 1st Soil Grow Using Purple Kush

Took some new pics and the suggestion of a light leak might be real but I thought if there was a leak they wouldn't start flowering? I'm an idiot, what do I know? Anyway, I took a picture of the door closed and the lights on to see if there was any kind of leak. Tell me what you guys think, if this is too much?

2014-05-31_12_10_30.jpg

If you blow this pic up it shows a really tiny almost unnoticeable sliver of light.

2014-05-31_11_57_27.jpg
2014-05-31_11_56_39.jpg
2014-05-31_11_55_33.jpg
2014-05-31_11_55_04.jpg
2014-05-31_11_53_46.jpg
2014-05-31_11_54_16.jpg
2014-05-31_11_54_47.jpg
2014-05-31_11_51_57.jpg
2014-05-31_11_50_55.jpg
2014-05-26_11_54_18.jpg

Sailing,
I'm really appreciative of the kind words but I'm pretty sure this grow will show you what not to do because I allowed a simple procedure to possibly ruin all 3 plants. That really tall plant continues to shoot out those 3 prong and 1 prong leaves which is a good indication of a light leak during the flower period which is also why they look like they might be reverting back to veg. It was as simple as setting a towel at the bottom of the door which is where I think the leak came from and I'm hoping beyond hope they don't hermnie. So far no bananas or balls and I have had a hermaphrodite so I know what to look for. I'm also going to guarantee no more leaks on the sides and bottom with some black plastic and Velcro when I get back from Home Depot.

"I wash my plants in positive vibes so I'm hoping God's miracle plant won't hermie on me." Chinnubie.

Chinnubie, Thanks for the reply, my grow is the biggest thing I got going right now. Woke this morning to see my first male plant! Thought he was going to try to breed me. Your plants are doing so well, don't fret too much about the light leak, it should have been build correctly from the factory and besides think of all the folks going full blast not knowing their tent is leaking. Since I saw the picture from inside your tent I have been wondering should I check mine. It is a lot of work to take everything out.
Hope you have a good growing week! Thanks for posting on my grow!
sailingcrazy

First Grow and It Shows

Took some new pics and the suggestion of a light leak might be real but I thought if there was a leak they wouldn't start flowering? I'm an idiot, what do I know? Anyway, I took a picture of the door closed and the lights on to see if there was any kind of leak. Tell me what you guys think, if this is too much?

2014-05-31_12_10_30.jpg

If you blow this pic up it shows a really tiny almost unnoticeable sliver of light.

2014-05-31_11_57_27.jpg
2014-05-31_11_56_39.jpg
2014-05-31_11_55_33.jpg
2014-05-31_11_55_04.jpg
2014-05-31_11_53_46.jpg
2014-05-31_11_54_16.jpg
2014-05-31_11_54_47.jpg
2014-05-31_11_51_57.jpg
2014-05-31_11_50_55.jpg
2014-05-26_11_54_18.jpg

That's not much of a light leak so it should be very simple to cover. I would cover the crack with black plastic, use a trash bag or something similar. you don't want any light getting in during the dark cycle. I understand your situation with Apt. maintenance. Be careful and good luck getting your buds to fill out. They look awesome my friend.

We solved the light leak and God willing they won't hermie on me. If they don't that tall plant will be a gigantic cola but it could all be for nothing so we'll have to wait and see. Thanks you guys for all of your encouragement it's really appreciated.

It's been almost 48 hours since I started checking for the possibility of them hermaphroditing on me and we're still looking good but I don't want to jinx myself. I have to humble myself to the plant gods and pray they won't turn on me.

Well chin, a good rule of thumb i use is 200w per plant. So 1200w led for 6 plants would make some beauties! Top led has great lights at great prices. A lot of growers use them and have no complaints. Look up "smokesara" (its her company) on this site and check out the other grows using top led mars ll

If youre gonna use tape to solve the light leaks id suggest using gorilla tape. Dont get the cheapo stuff cuz itll come off at the most inopportune time. Because of that leak you really need to keep an eye on those girls. Wear latex gloves when handling them and check under the sugar leaves. All it takes is on ball to ruin your quality...which i see youre already aware of. Good luck bro :)

I saw a Mars2 400w LED Grow Light 5W Led Full Spectrum on ebay for $210. They get bigger but I could definitely start out with that plus the 2-150 watt HPS I already have. I'm gonna pull the trigger on it when we finally get a house because the wife won't have it until then. Oh, I finally got a timer that I should have had from the beginning, I'm an idiot.

I saw a Mars2 400w LED Grow Light 5W Led Full Spectrum on ebay for $210. They get bigger but I could definitely start out with that plus the 2-150 watt HPS I already have. I'm gonna pull the trigger on it when we finally get a house because the wife won't have it until then. Oh, I finally got a timer that I should have had from the beginning, I'm an idiot.
Before you pull the trigger on that led talk to sara cuz she'll get you a better price dude. Youre not an idiot bro, youre learning. Everyone started out making mistakes, and if they say they didnt theyre lying lol

Took some recent pics to update this journal. Thinking they may need another 2 weeks, at least.

2014-06-08_12_00_24.jpg
2014-06-08_12_00_32.jpg
2014-06-08_12_00_40.jpg
2014-06-08_12_00_53.jpg
2014-06-08_12_02_04.jpg

Been keeping a close eye out for balls, so far still in good shape. See how it goes in the next few days.

Hey Chinnube, They are looking great! Man, you're going to be rolling in buds before too long. Nice job! What are the trich's looking like? "Rock it" my man.

Yeah, this whole process has really been a learning experience. That one tall plant with the outgrowth of weird looking one finger leaves shooting out was probably the most affected by the light leak. Another issue are the little leaf tops these buds are making, is this from the light leak as well or is it the strain. I really dicked this up with that leak. This will NEVER happen again.

Shadow,
So if I want to do a scrog in a 2'x3'x8' closet you think I should just start one plant, veg it for 2-3 months tying and topping to get the canopy flush then just turn her loose in flower with the net above her. I'm worried if only start one plant and it doesn't make it then I have to start over until I get one going good. Ah, life of the stealth grower, ugh!! I do have 2 PK feminized and a mystery seed (I'm assuming is also feminized) they didn't tell me what it was and I don't know which seed it is either. God, I need a house...........Sorry for the whining.

In a tent that size i wouldnt bother with scrog unless youre going with sativas again. Otherwise just lst them and you should be good to go.
Bro, once you get this grow under your belt youll do great. I wouldnt worry too much about these girls now. Theyre too far along to really fuss over. Get you some more light, learn how to low stress train to get a shaped plant that maximizes your light output. Figure out your feeding in veg and flower and make sure when the light goes out that its all out.
Id let these ones go til the trichomes are the color of your choice then once youre almost there, start flushing with clean ph adjusted water. Just remember drying and curing are just as important as the growing cycles so get it right and youll be happy. Look into bud washing right after harvest too...youll like it

Yeah, this whole process has really been a learning experience. That one tall plant with the outgrowth of weird looking one finger leaves shooting out was probably the most affected by the light leak. Another issue are the little leaf tops these buds are making, is this from the light leak as well or is it the strain. I really dicked this up with that leak. This will NEVER happen again.

Shadow,
So if I want to do a scrog in a 2'x3'x8' closet you think I should just start one plant, veg it for 2-3 months tying and topping to get the canopy flush then just turn her loose in flower with the net above her. I'm worried if only start one plant and it doesn't make it then I have to start over until I get one going good. Ah, life of the stealth grower, ugh!! I do have 2 PK feminized and a mystery seed (I'm assuming is also feminized) they didn't tell me what it was and I don't know which seed it is either. God, I need a house...........Sorry for the whining.

I've a house and a bigger grow area. I'll be happy if I get the same yield out of two plants that you will be getting out of one plant. Your buds look GOOD:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom