Chinnubie's 2nd Shot at 2 Fem Purple Kush

Thanks, Shadow I'm enjoying the show as well. I spilled coffee all over my keyboard and I have to use the on-screen keyboard. Just got the damned thing now gotta get another. What do you think about Shirley's sex, I think it's a calyx? They are going to 12/12 as soon as Laverne's sex is confirmed. I'm out & need buds. Did you watch the Laverne & Shirley Show when you were a kid?

Get Chinnubie... Looking at the pic it's hard to tell Shirley's sex. Those do look like female preflowers but id need to see a up close magnified pic. All around ur ladies are looking wonderful.

Thanks Tamir, pics can tell a lot but the day to day stuff you get a gut feeling about. When you only have 2 plants one gets to know every little detail about them. I've taken a few pics from this morning, so see if these can make it clearer about sex. Also, I'd mentioned before I screwed-up the FIM on Shirley and these pics will show the funny looking leaves, but it did slow the top from growing, giving the lower node-branches time to grow out a bit.

Laverne has a tiny growth that's too early to really confirm sex, but I have a feeling it's the beginning of a calyx. Have to wait a little bit longer for confirmation, but I know there are calyx's on Shirley. We're gonna start 12/12 today. I'm fairly confident Laverne's a female cannabis plant, so an extra day or two to bring out sexual maturity will be okay by me.

2014-08-02_07_59_15.jpg

2014-08-02_07_59_04.jpg

2014-08-02_07_58_58.jpg

2014-08-02_07_58_47.jpg

2014-08-02_07_54_19.jpg

2014-08-02_07_53_36.jpg

2014-08-02_07_53_31.jpg

2014-07-31_08_44_20.jpg

The first couple photos show the screwed-up FIM by not cutting low enough, live-n-learn I always say, cause God knows there is definitely a learning curve. Also, tried to get better pics of the calyxes on Shirley. Regardless, we're going to flower today. I'm going to adjust PH on next watering with PH Down.

King, if pot is 6.7-6.8 what should PH of solution be when I water again to get pot at 5.8-6.2? Speaking of watering, I've noticed I don't have to water all that often, for example, I watered Monday the 28th and they are still very moist below 3". I don't think I'll need to water for another 4 or 5 days, meaning they'll be okay to wait almost 10-14 days to water again? Thanks to all for coming by to see our tiny PK grow.

If your mediums pH is not in proper pH range I would flush the medium until the runoff liquids are pH 5.8 for soiless ( peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. When we adjust the pH of a nutrient mixture we are assuring that the medium will remain in the proper pH range while the nutrients are being used. The frequency that your plants will require re watering depends on the temperature and relative humidity, how large the plant is and how large the plants root system is in the pots medium.

Thanks Pee Jay that means a lot coming from you. I have confirmed sex on Laverne and as I figured she's a still a girl, but a more mature girl now. I started 12/12 on the 2nd so hopefully in roughly 8 weeks we'll have buds. I've gotten the node branches from below to get right below the upper leaves trying to get as much light to those as possible. Gonna be fun to watch. I know it's earlier than I would like before going to 12/12, but as I've said before I need medicine.

Thanks, Shadow I'm enjoying the show as well. I spilled coffee all over my keyboard and I have to use the on-screen keyboard. Just got the damned thing now gotta get another. What do you think about Shirley's sex, I think it's a calyx? They are going to 12/12 as soon as Laverne's sex is confirmed. I'm out & need buds. Did you watch the Laverne & Shirley Show when you were a kid?

My eyes aren't that good, I'm not sure what I'm looking at in those photos. Do you have a magnifier? I bought an inexpensive 40x jewelers loop. It's not the best for taking pics but it works great for viewing with the naked eye. It also has a LED light on it so you can illuminate what your looking at.
Yes I watched all those shows, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, Andy Griffith, Gilligan's Island, Welcome Back Kotter. You get the idea. Suddenly I feel old and feeble, Where am I? Who are you? I just pooped myself. :rofl:

I took some update pics showing day 2 in flower. We'll do this each week until we can't do it anymore. The calyxes on Laverne are very small and will need a couple more days to be picked up on my camera. I'm 98% sure she's a female. Anyway here's the pics:

2014-08-04_09_23_54.jpg

2014-08-04_09_23_41.jpg

2014-08-04_09_23_24.jpg

2014-08-04_09_16_17.jpg

2014-08-04_09_24_57.jpg

2014-08-04_09_25_04.jpg

2014-08-04_09_25_46.jpg

2014-08-04_09_16_40.jpg

2014-08-04_09_16_32.jpg

Nothing all that terribly exciting other than Shirley grew right up under the light so I had to raise it about 4" or so. Laverne shot up as well but she still has about 4"-6" before she hits the bulb. Laverne has gotten to within about an 1-1/2" from Shirley's early lead. The FUFIM ended up letting Shirley's node branches to get lots of light, naturally she took advantage of the situation and created a kind-of canopy with those branches keeping up with the plants overall growth. I'm tempted to take a couple of Laverne's upper leaves to give her the same kind of opportunity for the light to better penetrate to allow those node branches to get caught up to the majority of the upper node branches. I keep hearing in the back of my head they need those for sugar and it's too early to do any kind of defoliation. Thing is, I did it to Shirley and she has showed no sign of slow growth at any time, except for the FUFIM she has been going GREAT.

Haven't watered in 9 days, as of today and they aren't showing any signs of being under-fed or under-watered. Laverne has a couple of lower node branch leaves that are crinkling which may be an early deficiency of phosphate, but likely cal/mag. I'll adjust that when I water and hopefully will be able to get the pots PH adjusted once and for all. I hate to see any kind of deficiency or ugly leaf/leaves, even if it's minor, it could turn bad quick. Oh yeah, Laverne has finally been officially confirmed a female. Two or three nodes down from the top she had calyxes that could be seen with the unaided eye so now that's out of the way. Even though they were feminized seeds there is NEVER a guarantee they will be females, just highly likely. I'm gonna go take a couple of pics just in case I missed any updates.

2014-08-06_09_49_41.jpg

2014-08-06_09_49_26.jpg

2014-08-06_09_48_53.jpg

2014-08-06_09_46_30.jpg

2014-08-06_09_46_42.jpg

2014-08-06_09_47_28.jpg

2014-08-06_09_47_38.jpg

The first 3 pics are of Laverne the rest are of Shirley.

Man O' Man they are looking great! Nice growing my friend. Oustanding! I think the soiless medium is perfect for you. Keep up the good work.

Well, I've inherited 3 clones of Mediwana from a friend here at 420 and have put 2 of them in 5 gallon buckets with promix, step 1 Growology then PH'd the buckets of promix to 5.8. Placed the clones in the buckets and let them get used to their surroundings especially since they were rooted in soil and have now been put in a soiless medium. After 24 hours when they needed their lights back on I decided to put some food in the buckets for the clones to get. I watered a half gallon of water each with 1/3 strength step 2 and cal/mag and the run-of came back 6.1 so the PH is perfect for these baby clones. I really hope these girls take-off, because I'd love to have some variety in a few months. Shadow, I'm guessing folks were going to figure this out once the plants got larger for a whole host of reasons, so I hope your not to upset with me telling my little story here. My son thought you were a cool dude so I'm glad things went as well as they did. The veg box has been in use since day 2 of getting it home and set up, which is why I was telling everybody about the clones in the buckets. I'll get some pics on my next post of everything that's new and the PK girls with their tremendous growth. Shirley has been just amazing to me. Just wanted to make a quick update to keep things moving along. Pics tomorrow.

Nice update my friend, once the clones get use to their new environment they should grow crazy fast and be ready for flower as soon as you get done with Laverne and Shirley. This grow is going so smooth, you should see an improvement in yield. You girls can sense your confidence and will give you what you need. Great Job Brotha.

Thanks you guys here are the pics:

Mediwana Clones
2014-08-12_19_13_21.jpg

2014-08-12_19_13_38.jpg

2014-08-12_19_14_17.jpg

Shirley
2014-08-12_19_10_50.jpg

2014-08-12_19_10_05.jpg

Laverne Next to Shirley
2014-08-12_19_09_11.jpg

Laverne
2014-08-12_19_10_31.jpg

2014-08-12_19_10_22.jpg

2014-08-12_19_09_29.jpg

The top shots of both show a real good comparison. Also, I let Laverne get to close to the light and she burned her center top new growth and it may have stunned her for a minute. We'll see as time marches on.

HI Chinn,
I am new to the forum and I want to show off my grow too. I am so glad I found your journal, I have PK's from Cropkingseeds too and I have started flowering stage a few days ago. Seeing your journal has helped me lots because you are ahead of me a bit and I get to see what to expect with yours.
I have hesitated to start a journal because Im trying to keep this real simple with learning the basics and I may bore everyone...lol..Im not as savvy or wealthy to go buy the goodies that could go into growing...yet :)
Thanks for sharing your journal and I can't wait to see more.
Hugs
Gramma

Back
Top Bottom