Purple Kush In NorCal

we put several 30 gal trash bags off to the side, we cannot trim anymore this week the last 4-6 weeks has been brutal.. and yet another winter crop to be brought down anytime now.. we could not even hire anyone this year, No one wanted to travel all the way down here

Cherma, This is an excellent and fast way to get moldy buds. Try paper bags or cardboard boxes instead of plastic bags to store harvested plants that haven't been hung to dry. This is all based upon my experience. Lost a couple bags of trim to the climate created in a plastic bag containing plant matter.

how can you tell the difference between purple kush buds and white widow buds by looking at them or smelling them without smoking them. the bags got mixed u. brfore being labeled

Thanks to all of you who supported us through our grows and who followed along faithfully. It's been a great ride. I will be taking an extended break for an indefinite period of time.

I leave you with a Purple Kush update:

We pulled in just under a pound on the Purple Kush harvest. We never really achieved the rich purple color we had hoped for, even though we flowered well into the 9th week.

As for quality, we couldn't be happier though. It is VERY potient and great tasting.

Here are a few pictures of the still curing product.
2091Small.jpg

2086Small.jpg

2096Small.jpg

2095Small.jpg

2087Small.jpg

2088Small.jpg

2085Small.jpg

I'll also leave you with one more of my favorite garden helpers. Thank you Julie.
2076Small.jpg

Peace,
swampgas

sorry to hear that bro but you gotta do what you gotta do.

always appreciated all the pics of the buds and the breasts. both were always beautiful. good luck man, stay safe.

When I grow up I wanna be like Swampgas
With beautiful buds under glass
Did I say beauty? Here comes Julie with
Her fine buds and Number One Ass

When I see you all later, I'll be a happy Gator
Happy trails to then from now
Gave us all a show and a mighty fine grow
Thousand Thanks, my friends. Ciao

Very, very nice. Great job and great looking buds. You should be proud you produced some great looking meds and I am sure they smoke as good as they look. Thanks for letting me follow your grow. Again great job...

Thanks for sharing your journal with us swamgas. It was a fantastic journey yet again.

We'll move your journal to our completed forum and we do look forward to your next grow, after your extended break is over.

Thanks for the buds and best regards to Julie :surf:

Mad props and much respect to you from 420 Magazine ;)

Hey munkiman,
Although I am sure that Haze is a lucky man and Croatia is probably a nice place to visit, those pics were taken right here in Northern California, by yours truly.

Arg! Sorry man. I had seen some great pics by Haze as well. Julie is looking great am I am happy she is enjoying the attention. All my best to you and Julie. Thank you so much for sharing part of your life with us here. Hope to see you again soon.

hey love the room and the strain DAMMMMM i wish i can get some seeds if you no where to get some seeds let me know PLEASE....i am definately in 4 this ride

very nice job SG... love the crops!!! :):goodjob:

Been reading up and need to get things right, then hopefully I will let you in on one of my grows. :yummy:

Just read the whole journal. :nicethread:

cool but i found 1 place cannasaurseeds,com they have the purple kush pic of it it also looks appealing holla at me let me no whats good thanks for shoutn keep in touch:Rasta:

After a catastrophic failure of our Caramelicious clones, we went to Oaksterdam (Blue Sky Coffee Shop) and purchased a new strain - Purple Kush. My grow partner picked them out. They were the most expensive clones they offered ($20.00 ea), but we are excited to start anew. We opted for 12 instead of 18 this time. We think the room is better suited for 12.

Our Caramelicious strain lives on, we have two growing outside and one that survived the failure, so all is not lost. It was just time to move on.

For those of you who followed our last two journals, thank you. For those new to our journals, welcome.

What strain is it?
Purple Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg
If in Veg... For how long?
Clones were purchased two weeks ago (7/13/09)
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?
Nothin' fancy, Patio Plus by Kellogg
If soil... What size pot?
Soon to be moved into 5 gal pots
Size of light?
2- 600w hps on a light mover.
Is it aircooled?
640cfm inline fan
Temp of Room/cab?
Daytime 82-90, Nightime 72-82
Any Pests ?
Just that Julie, she likes to stand naked in the garden sometimes.
How often are you watering?
As needed, usually every two to three days
Type and strength of ferts used?
Earth Juice Grow 2-1-1, with an occasional bump of MAXSEA 16-16-16

Here's a copy of the brochure from Oaksterdam about Purple Kush.
PurpleKushSmall.jpg

After constant tending by my grow partner, the clones are healthy and happy.
1535Small.jpg

1538Small.jpg

11537Small.jpg

After a bout with spider mites in our last crop, we are a firm believer in ladybugs.
1540Small.jpg

love the ladybugs

Back
Top Bottom