The Quest For A Kilo

Congrats on the killer harvest Mono, you definitely smashed the hell out of the GPW reference! Some questions, did you choose your strain based on this goal, or are you trying to pull that amount of weight from any strain with optimal training? Also, is supplemental CO2 an option?

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm finally home after a quick break with mrs mono, and happy to say the plants survived their time outside!

I did a fair bit of deliberating while we were away and I've decided to use a room at the back of the garage to grow instead of the house. (Providing I can keep it warm in the winter)

So far I've moved all the grow equipment out and set up the veg tent

420-magazine-mobile2125935268.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1184865644.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1760210618.jpg

Over the summer I'm going to box off half of the room building a room within the room. I'll insulate it with 100mm insulation boards and marine ply, allowing the tents to sit inside, hopefully it will keep things warmer over the winter (and cooler in the summer)

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm finally home after a quick break with mrs mono, and happy to say the plants survived their time outside!

I did a fair bit of deliberating while we were away and I've decided to use a room at the back of the garage to grow instead of the house. (Providing I can keep it warm in the winter)

So far I've moved all the grow equipment out and set up the veg tent

Over the summer I'm going to box off half of the room building a room within the room. I'll insulate it with 100mm insulation boards and marine ply, allowing the tents to sit inside, hopefully it will keep things warmer over the winter (and cooler in the summer)

If your winters are brutal and have the space, look into building a "rocket stove". They are cheap to build, burn thin wood and are extremely efficient for generating and 'storing' heat in a thermal mass that in turn heats a space for extended periods of time. The only thing that comes out the exhaust is steam and CO2 which I'm sure could be recaptured somehow for use in the grow.

Also, I must say, damn that's a nice floor for a garage!

:tokin:

Sorry for the lack of updates the last two weeks everyone. Real life has been never ending. Back to business as usual now .

I think I'll keep this journal going for another couple of grows and run it perpetual at least over the summer. There will be a fair bit of grow room construction and expansion over the next three or four months getting things all ready for winter.

I've been adjusting the veg tent, raising and lowering plants, messing with fans trying to get the environment dialled in. It's amazing how much different an outbuilding is compared to the house for growing.

Mid next week I'm going to start flowering the critical hog (keeping one back in the veg tent) along with the unknown reveg. Once there is more space in the veg tent I'll start some training on the next big girl.

420-magazine-mobile2087506125.jpg

I've been reluctant to top the critical hog given all the stress they have been under, possibly a weeks more veg before I flower them so it would be good to get at least a little training done before hand.

420-magazine-mobile1951154229.jpg

The next big girl (clone of the last plant) has been transplanted up from a 20 litre tub to a 30 litre fabric pot. I may flower her in this one to experiment with faster wet and dry cycles - watering every 12 hours instead of every 24 hours, it may improve yield a bit more than the larger pot does.

She desperately needs some training.

420-magazine-mobile1285592078.jpg

Main thing is, everything is still alive and looking healthy .even if growing a little slow.

420-magazine-mobile1549365535.jpg

Thanks guys. Been working away in the new grow space, it's getting there slowly but surely.

The flowering tent is up, but we have no light, ventilation or a place for it to go yet. Here's what I'm working with at the moment, bit of a sorry sight haha

420-magazine-mobile425071315.jpg

I've got a half day at work tomorrow so the plan is to get everything sorted and start flowering the filler run tomorrow.

At least I'm making use of the shelving .

420-magazine-mobile1541081570.jpg

Back
Top Bottom