Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

This is literally insane
I / we have emailed over 10 times each( I have these if anyone needs proof
I first contacted you by text and calling oct or nov 2017 then emailed with photos etc and you gave contradictory statements about how I could fix them but then you didn’t email back
Then you finally emailed go ahead and ship back wtf?
Who does business like this!!!
With multiple emails of I’m sorry it got lost or your last email must have been lost !
It’s my time
It’s my money
Get your fucking act together

This is literally insane
I / we have emailed over 10 times each( I have these if anyone needs proof
I first contacted you by text and calling oct or nov 2017 then emailed with photos etc and you gave contradictory statements about how I could fix them but then you didn’t email back
Then you finally emailed go ahead and ship back wtf?
Who does business like this!!!
With multiple emails of I’m sorry it got lost or your last email must have been lost !
It’s my time
It’s my money
Get your fucking act together
I remember you now. I have asked several times that I need the name you ordered with so I can find your order in Paypal. Or your Paypal transaction ID, or the email you placed your order with. I need this to find your order so that I can issue a refund. All my orders are through Paypal, so without either the name you ordered with, the email you ordered with, or your PayPal transaction ID, I cannot look your order up, thus there is no way to issue a refund.

Please give me one of these so I can find your order. This is why we keep going back and forth because for whatever reason, you refuse to give me either 1. the name you ordered with 2. the email you ordered with 3. Paypal transaction ID.

I've been trying to help you but cannot because of this simple reason.

You just sent another email and for some reason still haven't given me the name your ordered with or the email or the Paypal transaction. I don't understand why. I want to refund you. I have been trying to but cannot without one of those pieces of info so that I can find your order on Paypal.

When you reply, please acknowledge that you understand what I am asking for so that I can refund you.

Thank you.

I sent you that info via your business email Yesterday and now again.
I sent you photos of received receipts from my carrier weeks ago!

Yesterday was the very first moment you asked for that info or offered a refund after countless emails and failed phone attempts.
I shipped my lights back 3 months ago!
What is so difficult ?
This is absurd and exhausting

This could have been fixed such a long time ago if you had just sent me the name you ordered with, but now I see why you didn't because David ordered 8x 500s, of which you say you went half and half with him on. You could have just explained that and given me his name and email.

Anyway, all is now taken care of. I sent this to your email.

Thank you. I will make an exception to the rules. You didn't buy these lights according to my records, someone else bought 8x 500s. (David) But because you did send me tracking for 3x, 500s, I will refund you for those 3x 500s.

I am not sure why you took so long to simply give me the proper name or email the order was placed with. Perhaps because it isn't your name or email.

The price for 3x 500s = 1,317, which is 1/3 of the total price spent of $3512 for 8x 500s by someone else named David.

I sent it to your Paypal email, even though I am supposed to refund the money to David, the purchaser. However, I believe I remember, back in 2016 when these were purchased that you guys had said something about splitting the cost.

April 28, 2018 at 12:54:05 PM PDT
Transaction ID: 9LE59381WW061115D
Payment Status: COMPLETED

Payment Type: Goods and Services

Gross amount
-$1,317.00 USD

glad to be refunded but Not even close to awesome....
I had to demand this level of customer service.
It was not offered until I started bitching on this forum .
Over six ridiculous months of bullshit email responses.What a fucking hassle.
You never once cared about or asked for the email they were purchased through until yesterday when I provided it.
Whose Paypal account the lights were first purchased through has zero to do with the way they performed or Neils neglect.
I purchased the lights they failed quickly and Neil dragged it out until now.
End

glad to be refunded but Not even close to awesome....
I had to demand this level of customer service.
It was not offered until I started bitching on this forum .
Over six ridiculous months of bullshit email responses.What a fucking hassle.
You never once cared about or asked for the email they were purchased through until yesterday when I provided it.
Whose Paypal account the lights were first purchased through has zero to do with the way they performed or Neils neglect.
I purchased the lights they failed quickly and Neil dragged it out until now.
End
Not at all. I kept on asking over and over for the name or email the lights were purchased with that went ignored over and over until now. But I am glad you finally gave that info so I could help you out.

Nope I have all our emails and what you’re saying now is not true even slightly..,
I’m done with you
Your tactics are lies and manipulation
Your refund saves you face on the forum but people will catch on
I have literally nothing invested in this other than hoping someone else doesn’t have to go through this
I let go of the money long ago
And some came back( 3 months later

Hi Neil. Oh I see I am not the only one having trouble with your customer care and warranty issues. As I said in my last email I give you one last chance to fix the problem before I will tell my story on all 420 forums. Only one thing what company expect the buyer to repair their faulty products themselves and saying it’s all plug and play and then sorry I forgot you have to solder here and there. As I said I have been very patient till now but I am starting to get really pissed off now.. If you can’t remember who I am I don’t think you have sold many lights to New Zealand. Please get it sorted pronto.
Regards
Kiwiman

Kiwi, we sent you the PCB board but you were unable to attach the COB, which is super easy, so instead, you are on a waiting list for a PCB board that already has COBs on it. Sorry for the delay but I don't have these prebuilt with COBs on them, thus takes longer.

Perfect sun goliath
The plants loved it - when it worked - for the first 3 months. Then I had to call because LEDs were already out. It took 2 months to get the parts and, even then, I got the wrong parts. It took another month to get the right ones. Two of the 5 times I had to call for replacement parts, I got the wrong ones.

Unfortunately in the 2.5 years I have owned it I have had to replace more than half of a $1000 myself, at my own cost (they don't send thermal paste with the boards - so that's another $200 out of my pocket) - for a light that's still under warranty.

The light is a beast - 60 lbs - so it's a pain in the ass to have to get a friend to come over to help me take it down every few months because something else is broken. At this point, I truly believe the light will blow up on the date 3-year warranty ends.

Don't waste your money on this product or company. There are much better options for the price.

P.S. This is the PG version - the wife edited it for public reading.

Unfortunately in the 2.5 years I have owned it I have had to replace more than half of a $1000 myself, at my own cost (they don't send thermal paste with the boards - so that's another $200 out of my pocket) - for a light that's still under warranty.

It sucks that you're having trouble, but:

If it's still under warranty, why are you paying for repairs?

What are you using for thermal paste that costs $200?!

It sucks that you're having trouble, but:

If it's still under warranty, why are you paying for repairs?

What are you using for thermal paste that costs $200?!
Im paying for repairs in the way of having to by thermal paste for boards that are 7 inches x 14 inches, all them little tubes add up when you have to do it a few times.
In paying for it in that in less than 3 years i have had to get friends over to help to repair something that cost over 1k$
Im paying for it in that the first time it took 3 months to get the proper parts,
I just now harvested and could get the light down to replace the latest boards that failed. Of the 4 that failed 1 was the wrong part and 1 didnt work (had leds out on the board out od the box)
Its ridiculous that after spending that much $ it still takes a week to get a reply by email and luck if you get the proper parts.
I waited 2.5 years to say anything negative giving him the chance to make it right each time. Ill give it a first time, shit happens but after the 2nd and 3rd time its getting old

200$ of industrial thermal paste online gets you 2 5lbs buckets, so 10 lbs.
Rated for -40 Degrees to 500 Degrees F.

Dayum son, tell me you were not using paste intended for CPUs.
I can see Linus saying brought to you by Thermal Grizzly.
20$ on amazon will get you some thermal paste/tape, 40mm x 25m.
Rated up 248f, and can peak at 300f for a short time.

My only comment on the the customer service involved here is that.
We all want it now, I am just as guilty of that.
:peace:
Peace friends, also how hot was the room in either case?
:passitleft:

Iit really sucks people are focusing on the cost of the paste. not knowing that i would need to supply my own and living 30 minutes from town and the only place that had it only had 4 gram tubes.
I guess i could have left the room down for another week waiting for Amazon.
Regardless of the cost of the paste its just an added insult to paying that much and having to do all this extra bs by getting the wrong replacement parts 2x of the 5 in the past 2.5 years.
My room never gets over 85

What we don't think 1k shou

And has nothing to do with wanting it now. I contacted them when it went out, took the light down weeks later at harvest, got broken and wrong parts so now i wait a week to even get a reply.

I hear you, it should be listed as part of the advertisement. :cough:
As being required or at least recommended to have it before you get ready to build/use them.

Every company I have had contact with because someone in their circle made a mistake, has been difficult.
Don't read to far into the want it now thing. I just generalized wanting a reply, and the correct items ordered.

Im paying for repairs in the way of having to by thermal paste for boards that are 7 inches x 14 inches, all them little tubes add up when you have to do it a few times.
In paying for it in that in less than 3 years i have had to get friends over to help to repair something that cost over 1k$
Im paying for it in that the first time it took 3 months to get the proper parts,

I'd have just sent the thing back. Fix it within a reasonable amount of time or send a new - or rebuilt, long as it's still covered under the original warranty I wouldn't care - one within a reasonable amount of time. Or refund the purchase price. Or I'd see about suing in small claims court and hope that the vendor has made enough sales in my state to satisfy the minimum contacts requirement (or has in some other way satisfied it) so that said vendor had to come to MY state to deal with it... or refund my money, lol.

I just now harvested and could get the light down to replace the latest boards that failed.

Ah... I guess you're lucky that the vendor has tried to work with you, then. Why people will pay a ridiculous substantial amount of money for a grow light and not have a backup is beyond me. It's like the second most important part of a grow. No, scratch that... A person can always start more plants, so it's not the second most important ;) . Having an alternate light source was recommended way back in the '80s when fixing one's light just meant heading to the nearest electric supply house (or real hardware store) and picking up a ballast component for a few bucks, or a bulb, and then returning home and spending anywhere from a minute to five minutes or so swapping it for the failed item. And now... :rolleyes: .

Again, the fact that your light needs a repair sucks, and I feel for you. Maybe the vendor dropped the ball, so to speak, and - assuming that's the case - it wouldn't have helped. I hope you are able to get it repaired. And I hope you learn from your experience and get a spare light. When my aunt was still alive, she was on supplemental oxygen. Vendor was local, so if she (or another family member) had to call for service, a guy would show up - even in the middle of the night - and deal with the issue. Still, she had another setup (was bulky, but it was capable of doing the job). Because... important.

I'm so poor that one Church mouse will nudge another, then casually indicate a third (who is wearing a patched, hand-me-down hide) and say, "That Church mouse is as poor as a TorturedSoul, poor b@stard," lol. <SHRUGS> Even so, if a light goes t!ts-up during a grow, I gripe for a couple minutes, then walk to the closet and dig out a backup. Because... important. And sh!t happens. . . .

I'd have just sent the thing back. Fix it within a reasonable amount of time or send a new - or rebuilt, long as it's still covered under the original warranty I wouldn't care - one within a reasonable amount of time. Or refund the purchase price. Or I'd see about suing in small claims court and hope that the vendor has made enough sales in my state to satisfy the minimum contacts requirement (or has in some other way satisfied it) so that said vendor had to come to MY state to deal with it... or refund my money, lol.

Ah... I guess you're lucky that the vendor has tried to work with you, then. Why people will pay a ridiculous substantial amount of money for a grow light and not have a backup is beyond me. It's like the second most important part of a grow. No, scratch that... A person can always start more plants, so it's not the second most important ;) . Having an alternate light source was recommended way back in the '80s when fixing one's light just meant heading to the nearest electric supply house (or real hardware store) and picking up a ballast component for a few bucks, or a bulb, and then returning home and spending anywhere from a minute to five minutes or so swapping it for the failed item. And now... :rolleyes: .

Again, the fact that your light needs a repair sucks, and I feel for you. Maybe the vendor dropped the ball, so to speak, and - assuming that's the case - it wouldn't have helped. I hope you are able to get it repaired. And I hope you learn from your experience and get a spare light. When my aunt was still alive, she was on supplemental oxygen. Vendor was local, so if she (or another family member) had to call for service, a guy would show up - even in the middle of the night - and deal with the issue. Still, she had another setup (was bulky, but it was capable of doing the job). Because... important.

I'm so poor that one Church mouse will nudge another, then casually indicate a third (who is wearing a patched, hand-me-down hide) and say, "That Church mouse is as poor as a TorturedSoul, poor b@stard," lol. <SHRUGS> Even so, if a light goes t!ts-up during a grow, I gripe for a couple minutes, then walk to the closet and dig out a backup. Because... important. And sh!t happens. . . .
I have a 600 hid that i kept, the goliath was to replace that. The goliath was my first real purchase to make my grows better, (im still a noob and was only growing for 2 years when i got the light) it took me almost 2 years to save up enough to get it.
The light is big and i dare not take it down while i have plants in the room. I guess that would have been 1 way to make.it last longer, alternate between the led and 600 while i wait on the correct parts

Back
Top Bottom