Perpetual Pics

I trim for Bud! :bravo:

I'd take you up on the offer but I think we live quite a ways from each other.

I really hate trimming though. This is going to take a couple days to finish. Wife says "Use your trimming machine". Sorry, no.

Yeah SABO, come on over. I'm about 1/4th through trimming and already sick of it. Really thought my wife was going to assist in the operation. NOPE. We don't have any logs to sit on, only comfy microfiber couches.

Can't get the Model T to fire up & the crop duster is out of petrol, I have my wife's mule with a straw hat, but that dang thing is so stubborn, I can't get it to move either.

:Namaste:

Can't get the Model T to fire up & the crop duster is out of petrol, I have my wife's mule with a straw hat, but that dang thing is so stubborn, I can't get it to move either.

"Stubborn"...I feel your pain.

Looking great Josh! Glad to see you've got another journal running. Plants look fantastic. Have you harvested a blue blood yet? Mines looking amazing about 4 weeks left. Smells like blue berry skittles lol.

Your gonna love the Porta Scrog. I thought it would work great with your height restrictions. I vote a 7' tall tent for the new place lol.

I feel your pain trimming. I average trimming 2 oz per week. Love blasting the trim tho ;)

Bubbles, I have yet to harvest a Blue Blood. I have...I think four currently flowering in 2 Liters. I'd guestimate they are around a month from harvest. That and the Purple Kush have me giddy with anticipation. God Bud seems interesting too.

I've been using Relaxed Lester's QWISO technique with the trim. I had around 1/2 oz of flowers that had perlite embedded from the plants tipping over. That 1/2 oz made as much wax/shatter as a garbage bag worth of trim. I'll be making some more very soon. I may as well use it for a photo op.

I also have two vape pens now so I can enjoy it proper. I saw the comment you made about a month ago in your journal about going to concentrates. At the time I kind of laughed to myself. Right now I rarely partake in bud-99% it's concentrates. Last night my wife had her first hit out of the vaporizer. Think she's still medicated.

I've been using Relaxed Lester's QWISO technique with the trim. I had around 1/2 oz of flowers that had perlite embedded from the plants tipping over. That 1/2 oz made as much wax/shatter as a garbage bag worth of trim. I'll be making some more very soon. I may as well use it for a photo op.

Disregard. Found out what I was looking for.

Bubbles, I have yet to harvest a Blue Blood. I have...I think four currently flowering in 2 Liters. I'd guestimate they are around a month from harvest. That and the Purple Kush have me giddy with anticipation. God Bud seems interesting too.

I also have two vape pens now so I can enjoy it proper. I saw the comment you made about a month ago in your journal about going to concentrates. At the time I kind of laughed to myself. Right now I rarely partake in bud-99% it's concentrates. Last night my wife had her first hit out of the vaporizer. Think she's still medicated.

Looks like we're still neck and neck with the blue blood :) I've gotta get a pic of mine for ya soon. It looks gorgeous in a 5gal pot with organics. Speaking of those we'll convert you in due time ;) I think once you have the extra space organics will be calling your name. Can't beat only watering every 7 days lol.

I've ran a bit of QWISO, bubble hash, and dry sift. Hate to admit it but bho is my favorite. Never thought I'd say that. Feels like an AA meeting lol. I pride myself on "clean" medicine but after hundreds of hours research and Skunkpharm Labs I feel comfortable with this method. I did have the honor of trying some of Nikka T's solventless at the Cup. Even stood right next to him but was too dabbed out to think of what to say lmao. In a perfect world I'd perfect his method ht bho gets it done for now.

I smoke about 1g of shatter and 2 joints a day lol. At first my wife was the same as yours but she's hooked on dabs now. Who eats a whole apple tree when they only want an apple? ;)

Keep up the great work buddy!

Where I live there's a "network" of growers. We all know each other, most are pretty good friends. Pretty neat. Anyways, BHO honey oil is pretty popular here. As long as it is made in a non-explosive manner and care is taken to remove residuals, results can be very impressive.

I did a bunch of research as of late concerning concentrates. youtube has some very informative videos on the subject. I guess one point that I've learned is about, I think the term was "reactivity". Isopropyl alcohol is reactive. By that I mean that it will dissolve chlorophyll. Butane and Hexane are nonreactive. You are just dissolving cannabinoids, not plant matter.

I personally like the QWISO because I'm confident that I'm not ingesting carcinogens or petroleum based hydrocarbons, it's easy to work with, and you would have to almost try to cause an explosion. I'm in Washington State. There were a lot people blown up early this year, in separate instances, earlier this year in the Seattle area. Yeah, idiots.

I know that there is laboratory equipment purpose built for this. If I were to concentrate on concentrates, it would behoove me to invest in proper equipment. Peace of mind is priceless.

I'm trying to type and make supper. Drank too much last night and was slow trimming. Still have a lot of trimming to do. I'll try to get some pics of that QWISO to show you.

Josh - sorry to bust your bubble, and I won't go into discussing BH*, but when using any organic solvent to extract with, a solvent residue WILL be left behind stuck to the final product. This can be confirmed using H-NMR techniques. Commercial devices do not supply enough vacuum to be able to purge the residues off completely, even small vacuums using low horsepower motor are unable to cleanse the product. A very very expensive high power vacuum would be required, and even then there would be a small amount of residue left behind. It is not noticeable to human olfactory senses, however nonetheless they are there. QWISO, BH*, or any other organic solvent will leave behind a residue. Extracting using ice water is the safest thing to do.

I totally agree with you Les. I didn't mean to sound like I know anything. My chemistry background and work consists of metal alloys and mainly noble gases. Plant biology is also not my field of expertise. I don't have a clue what you do/did for a living. But I am sure know you much more concerning this subject as I do. :adore:

I don't blast BHO. Well, did it twice around 12 years ago. I was making a version of water hash and dry sieved and compressed. I liked it but it was such an involved process. I have no doubt that there is some solvent left in the QWISO I make. My rudimentary knowledge of chemistry rationalizes that I'd rather have something water-based vs oil-based. Not that there aren't a gillion water-based substances toxic to flora and fauna.

By my reference to 'lab equipment'...I'm looking at an ad in a magazine from a company named Across International. I'm not even quite sure how one would use this, but it is a Digital Vacuum Degassing Oven. Says"...and deep vacuum down to 100 micron..." That just confuses me. I know a micron is a unit of size measurement. I know vacuums are measured in lbs/sq ft or atmospheres. Yeah, I'm no expert.

I do like the QWISO though. Wife took a big ol' dab out of the vape. She's already in bed. Me, I'm just procrastinating trimming.

:tokin:

Yeah, sorry if I came in here and made it sound dire and stepped on your toes. It most certainly is not dire.

Let me clarify, isopropyl alcohol is considered a Class 3 solvent, which means you are allowed to ingest/metabolize more than 30 mg/day. Since methanol's daily allowance is 30 mg/day, and Class 3 are deemed lower risk than Class 1-2 residual solvents.

"Class 3 residual solvents (Table 3) may be regarded as less toxic and of lower risk to human health than Class 1 and Class 2 residual solvents. Class 3 includes no solvent known as a human health hazard at levels normally accepted in pharmaceuticals. However, there are no long-term toxicity or carcinogenicity studies for many of the residual solvents in Class 3. Available data indicate that they are less toxic in acute or short-term studies and negative in genotoxicity studies"

To add, we know there are only small measurements in parts per million left in the final product, so its really low-risk.

I don't claim to be an expert, just have a certain amount of experience. Lots of different people know lots of different things, that's what makes humans so great is because when we work together we get a LOT done. In the end, we all still have very limited experience compared to the total information computed by the universe, our quest in nature is cut in stone :blalol:

Yeah, sorry if I came in here and made it sound dire and stepped on your toes. It most certainly is not dire.

My toes feel fine. :party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

I only consider myself an "expert" in a few fields, carpentry and welding. I know a lot more than just that. Chemistry is simply not one on the list. Now, I could talk about Hydrogen Precipitation in carbon steel for days; advantages of 75% CO2-25%A for GMAW T-7 compared to pure H or A in a 6G X-Ray or comparable NDT, nuclear or food grade SS piping. When DCEP, DCEN, AC, or any afore mentioned with Pulse. Sounds like gibberish...that's how I feel with chemistry.

One thing that I love about being a member of this forum is that it brings so many of us together. Everyone adds something to the mix. I've learned from folks that can't even germ seeds or clone. This is really a special place. I'm here to learn and share what I have learned.

Les, I'm giving you Carte' Blanche to step on my toes anytime they need it.

I should have read more carefully, I went on a rant :rofl:

Loving the KC-45 :passitleft:

I don't think you went off. Chill. What you wrote, I trust that. I thank you for that. Seriously.

No one knows it all nor ever will. I have to embrace that thinking with my work. I personally yearn for knowledge. I spent about 90% of my time reading. Knowledge is power.

Radogast , "I guess it's true. Pot smokers are lousy at fighting :)"

Relaxed Lester and I are not fighting; at least I sure hope not. Ronda Rousey is the current UFC womens champion, undefeated. She spoke out less than a month ago in favor of mmj legalization. Joe Rogan calls the fights. He's been an outspoken public supporter for over a decade. Both could mop the floor with me.

As this is a happy place, and I want to be here forever, I don't want to delve deeper into the subject to which you mentioned even though I strongly disagree with your comment.

Les, thank you for the +++REPS.

Serious though...my feelers aren't hurting.

There's a reason that I like you, your comments, observations, advice, input, etc. You know things that I don't. That simple. If anything, I'd like you to be more vocal in regards to the comments you make on my journals. :high-five:

hey josh if you every get an extra 18 grand you can go co2 extraction that's like the low end cost for one of those setups done right
just a thought and a dream

Back
Top Bottom