Perpetual Pics

What I originally thought to be food poisoning is now looking more like a virus. I've had a lot of student abcencesses. Maybe it's NORWALK . I don't know. All I know is that I've never felt quite like this. My mind has difficulty forming cognitive thoughts. Food poisoning mixed with the flu seems accurate.

I slept until 2 P.M. today. That's not like me. Still can't keep food down.

But, I think I'm about halfway through trimming Miss Piggy. She is such a phat wh**e. It was a good learning opportunity. I definitely not do that again. Well, that's not entirely true. That's how I finish out mother plants. Jut takes up so much room and produes too much popcorn.

I'm going to give a big 10-4 and get back to trimming.

:Namaste:

Subbed up Josh!

:thumb:

Slept until 4 P.M. When my wife got home from work she did a bunch of trimming. I'm happy to announce that Miss Piggy is done. That took nearly a week. I decided to break out the trimming machine for buds that were in between duffy popcorn and good size nugs. I ended up around three compressed gallons of popcorn and sugar leaves. It's in the freezer. Most likely I'll start tomorrow turning it to wax.

I smelled one of my Northern Lights/Skunks tonight. I realize that the smell will change and isn't a true representative of what the final product will be. But I do not like the smell at all. Reminds me of the high school locker room after a football game. No sweetness at all, just a putrid kind of funk that isn't very appealing. Oh well. It's kind of a pain maintaining six strains.

Here's a few pics of my only flowering HGK. I think she's about 4 weeks out, starting to frost and swell up.

today_132.jpg
today_133.jpg

And a group shots of the dozen in 2 Liters.

today_134.jpg

Crap, I was going to use Light Addict's Back Building Technique but forgot. I'll do it tomorrow. Man, that really makes a difference. I encourage everyone to give it a try.

I moved the light down today. I read some advice from someone to keep your lights up as high as possible. I gave that a try but am going back to using to raising and lowering.

I still can't quite think correctly. I wanted to say more but I should conclude.

Thank every one for hopong I feel better. :Namaste:

:peace:

I'm finally feeling better. Eating homemade chicken noodle soup for the that two days seems to be doing the trick. I can actually think again. Today I turned all that trim into wax. It's not quite done yet-have it sitting in a warm water bath to speed up evaporation. This is going to be some potent stuff. I kept using the same alcohol to re-wash and re-wash.

Had a neighbor say something to my wife yesterday. "Every once in a while I get a whiff of skunk". Freaked my wife out because we were trimming in the living room with only a screen door closed. Now, this gentleman is retired because a brain injury. He's a pretty goofy guy. There are a lot of skunks around these parts. I don't think the Holy Grail Kush smells anything like a skunk. It smells like citrus and fuel-no skunk that I can pick up. So I got that cleaned up. Never can be too safe. I use a carbon filter in the grow tent, just not in our living room.

I'm worried that the mortgage for the new house is not going to close by the end of this month. We paid for a home inspection and there was a lot of electrical issues that needed to be addressed. I didn't want to mess with any of that. We made the agreement that the seller would have it brought up to code.

She low-balled the cheapest bid. We were told that it was up to code. I've been involved in construction for over 35 years, I am not ignorant when it comes to these things. So I go by the house about two weeks ago and I can see exterior electrical work that was performed and not up to code. Made me wonder what I can't see. So wife talks to our realtor. She reassures her that is indeed up to code. I know that is a lie and started doing some investigating.

Our state requires permits for everything that was done. The state department of Labor and Industry is the governing body in these matters. No permit was ever filed. The electrician, four whole months as a journeyman, has not filed for a permit-ever for any work he has done.

So we filled a fraud report through the agency. As of today, still no permit has been filled. I have to get ahold of the guy at L&I tomorrow and get to the bottom of this. We were supposed to close by two weeks from yesterday. The seller is violating a legal contract by failing to bring the electrical up to code. There's a quite a few other things that need to be done to the house. We were going to handle all the other stuff, just not electrical. All the other stuff is what I consider to be minor.

Makes me pretty angry about the whole situation. I'm sick of this rental we're in. There's one other house in the area that we are interested in. It's listed for $20,000 less, but it not near the house. In addition, we are over $1,500 into this one, that doesn't even count days worth of meetings and filling out reams of documents. We'd be out at least $1,000, more likely the entire $1,500 if we tried for the other house.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about setting up the future grow room. I think I'm going to go with a 4' x 8' flowering tent with a pair of Advanced Diamond Series XML 350's. That's going to be around a $2,600 investment just with those three items. Makes me cringe. I'm going to stick with the Hempy Bucket method. It just works too well for me.

I'm considering switching to organic nutes. There doesn't seem to be a lot of organic hydro nutes. I'm looking at the General Organics kit JJ Bones has listed fo $168. I think that would last me close to two years. More research needs to be done though. Anyone have recommendations for organic hydro nutes?

Yeah Josh, these days everyone has their hustle on. It's a good thing you know the business and was on top of it.

I'm alright. Plants are great.

I started writing a post last night but erased it. I wasn't in the best mood and didn't want to spread the bad vibes. I currently have some really bizarre students at college. I spent around three hours yesterday with administrators trying to figure out their (the student) actions. The most likely scenario drawn is that there is some mental illness present. (Not me, I swear! :loopy: )

I need to work on the vegging girls today. Since I haven't taken a clone in nearly two months they are getting out of control. My Northern Light Blue is in a 10 gallon Smart Pot. She is nearing 5' total height. I have to start taking her down some. I don't want to do it all at once. Too much stress. I'll do it a little at a time.

I've never had to move to another house with plants before. I want to make sure that they are as short as possible. I'm not worried about loading them, it's the unloading that worries me. Dismantling two tent, coordinating the move with the plants, and setting everything back up, it's going to be interesting.

My second largest vegging plant is Northern Lights x Skunk #1. I'm still up in the air on that strain. I'm going to wait for the smoke test to decide that strains fate in my garden. So far she's going to be the first to go. Kind of a shame. She posses nearly every quality that I look for in a strain except smell. Is the height of allergy season here so I can't make any current olfactory observations.

I'll try to get some picks when I'm working on the girls.

Two hours trimming the veg girls. Man, I need to be more pro-active with that. I'm also kicking myself for keeping mothers in hydro. They just get too big too fast. Their root masses are too big for the containers. I looked at them last night and they were great looking. Whn checked today they were droopy from lack of water.

Luckily I'll be in a good position to transplant them into 3.5 gallon Hempys and porta-scrog them. Just don't have the room in the small tent and time is against me with closing on the new house. On that subject I had many phone conversations with L & I officials and inspectors. So far, no progress. The regional big chief has passed the fraud report to a more local inspector. I spoke with that guy and he hadn't heard anything about it. He said the file is being sent via snail mail but reassured me that this guy is going to be regretful of his actions and that he'll take care of us.

Here's a pic of the NLB mother on the left and NL x SK#1 on the right.

today_135.jpg

Summoned my inner strength and moved the NLB out of the tent for a better pic.

today_136.jpg

Looking back I should have used a 5 gallon smart pot, not that 10 gallon one.

Hope you get the house transition sorted. FWIW...Not sure what state you are in, but "specific performance" may be a term you are already familiar with.... Getting them to fix it before you close, is preferable if possible, so when you're done - you're done. If you need to close, close with a holdback of proceeds to the seller, of their highest estimate, plus another grand for aggravation. If they don't pay for the fix post-close, you keep the funds, etc.

XML tech is just amazing. I hope you get them!

I'm in WA state.

We talked the seller down $5,000 from the list price. All the legal papers signed were " contingent upon home inspection". We paid for the home inspection. He found over 30 semi and major issues with the wiring while claiming that he was not a journeyman electrician. In his report he stated "...Every electrical circuit needs to be gone over by a competent licensed electrician..."

At that point in time we were in contact with our realtor. She spoke with the seller and the legal agreement was made that the seller would bring the electrical up to code at her cost. The electrical needs to be to code for our mortgage. There's no way around that. Plus, there were some real no-nos done by the deceased former owner.

We're trying to get this thing closed. We had a loan appraisal coming and the electric work was taking longer than scheduled. So I'd go over in the evening to check the progress. I was really appalled by the work this guy he was doing. Another thing, I've never worked around an electrician that didn't have a work van with company logo on it. This guy had a non-restored, beat up, 1960's pickup. Just didn't look right. And, you need a permit to do this amount of work.

So we were told the work was done. My wife speaks mainly to the realtor, by the way. I told mife wife things were not up to code. She spoke to the realtor. Wife asks "How are we assured that this is up to code?" Relator, "Because he has a license". My wife bought this. No. That is what a permit and inspection is for, at least here. That's where I stepped in and where we currently sit.

Another thing, we had the loan appraisal. In that they noted three major electrical problems that need to be addressed. That didn't even include around two dozen other things that I see. The electrician only has a $4,000 bond, no other insurance. I have more than that in ammo. I don't want to die in my sleep because of an electrical fire. Heck, I don't even want to be cremated.

So, we have covered our butts legally. We just need the seller to do the agreed and have the electrical up to code. I think things are going to get rolling here shortly. I'm just getting impatient. I wanted to be in that house last month. It's really starting to put a strain on my growing.

:420:

I guess we are going to meet the seller on Sunday.

She's been trying, through the realtor, to get us to buy the furniture. I don't want any of it, besides, we are broke. The only thing I want is a 24' Class III extension ladder. Looks like we may be getting it for free.

That's something to smile about. :thumb: I'd guess they retail for around $450.

I'm nervous meeting the seller. She has no idea that she's going to have to pay more money for the electrical. Kind of awkward.

So, we have covered our butts legally.
First & foremost...

Let us know how the meeting goes Josh & that's a big bush you have there.

First & foremost...

Let us know how the meeting goes Josh & that's a big bush you have there.

I will. With hindsight, I should have given this journal a different name. It's hard to run perpetual without taking weekly clones. I'm going to be late staging mother plants into flowering just to keep the lights on.

I have two runt clones in veg. Think they are Purple Kush and Northern Light Blue. Well, they aren't runts anymore. I'm hanging on to them to go into flowering the night we move in. After that, the sky is going to be the limit. I feel that I have enough personal knowledge to take a big step forward with growing. I plan on investing slowly but surely to the set-up.

Been "sharing" some of my HGK through my network of medical growers and patients. Seems like I'm doing things correct. I have the opportunity to try some SoCal strains this weeks. ChemDawg is the only one I've heard of before. "Purple Elephant"...that's the only other strain name I recall. Haven't heard of it.

I hope you find something to smile about, through the sickness, and the rest of the BS that goes with buying a house. :peace::Namaste:

Confirmed: Norovirus strain. Been rampant around the North West, apparently. When I was 29 years of age I contracted something similar but much worse. Think it was called 'Cryptosporidium'. Being the 'tough guy' that I am or used to be, seeking a dr's advice is not my thing. Just not how I was brought up. (Idiocracy.)

I went from 200 -ish lbs to 110 lbs in three weeks. It wasn't until my liver shut down and my skin was orange until I accepted the advice to go to the doctor. My pig-headedness nearly cost me my life. My liver was off line, one kidney off, the other nearly the same. (This is not alcohol induced. I don't really drink.)

I had a point there... to summarise or use as a segway/conclusion. It's lost. I guess, make sure you know the water that you drink is from a non-contaminated source.

Back to the topic at hand.

I just jarred up Miss Piggy. I didn't weigh. I know that a pint mason jar is approximately one ounce. 9 1/4 pints of the high grade buds, another 2 pints that were popcorn and ran through the trimmer. There was also around 3 gallons of the best quality trim that were used for concentrates. Over all, that was a big plant.

He's a pic of the approx 9 1/4 zips of the best nugs.

today_137.jpg

:high-five: :420:

Back
Top Bottom