Perpetual Pics

Congrats on your harvest! That's a huge pull. I hope you get to enjoy it soon ;) Keep well bro. :high-five:

That novo thing looks like no joke :surrender:

"novo"? I'm missing the definition of the abbreviation...

PeytonManning, no reason to be jealous. What I do is pretty easy to accomplish, just a few things to keep in mind. I'm willing to help anyone who needs it. I always feel like my journals are more like diaries---no one ever asks any questions. Makes me feel self conscious. I realize many of the followers are more advanced than myself. I also feel that I have things dialed in and produce some pretty good results.

So, if you have questions, I welcome them.

Well I do have an HGK that's a few days old now. How long did you veg Mrs piggy? I'm going to plan for an 8 week veg, but I want it to be huge like that! Any tips or tricks about the holy grail I should be aware of? Are they sensitive to nutes or bad for mainline? I just want to do whatever I can to make her like yours

Looks great Josh! Mines more of a diary too lol Very nice pull in the hgk. Are you doing qwiso still?

Well I do have an HGK that's a few days old now. How long did you veg Mrs piggy? I'm going to plan for an 8 week veg, but I want it to be huge like that! Any tips or tricks about the holy grail I should be aware of? Are they sensitive to nutes or bad for mainline? I just want to do whatever I can to make her like yours

I'll try to answer all your questions to the best of my ability.

Miss Piggy was honestly veged for around 9 months. I think I germed the one and only bean last early April. She started out in a moist paper towel in a plastic bag. She was then moved to a light seedling soil less mix in a small container.

I try to establish mother plants to clone from. Just how I do it. That one seed that I paid roughly $17 USD for has yielded pounds and pounds; at least 100 plants harvested but that is another subject.

So I bought the strain to clone off of contrary to flowering out individual seeds. Just makes more sense in my mind from a financial standpoint. Good genetics are expensive and also not guaranteed.

Also, doesn't look like it but I grow hydroponically. I'm not familiar with your set up. Not saying what I do is great, but it is consistent. I'm still evolving. What I'm trying to work the nerve up to say is...I don't want to burst your bubble, but I doubt the most elite grower can not make a run with a 2 month veged plant vs. a near 11 month one. Just not going to happen even if they were sister clones. Not saying it's not possible, just unlikely.

Having a large and happy root structure is paramount. If there's a secret, that's it.

They, in my experience, are greedy feeders. They take all the nutes you give them, in the realm, and reward. Common knowledge regarding parts per million of dissolved salts (strength of the nutrient solution) says 1900 ppms is the upper maximum. I've been watering with 2000 ppms and the plants are loving it. Keep in mind that I have proper maintained meters and have been growing this one pheno for a year now. This is only my personal observations.

As far as tricks go, my plants are difficult to Super Crop. It's like the cambium is really robust. I have better luck attempting to SC a bamboo chop stick. So, Sea of Green is what I typically run. FIM and LST also work well.

Only other thing I need to mention is that my pheno stretches around 250-300%. That has to be taken into account. A month and a half into flowering I had to remove around 30% of Miss Piggy's stem structure to keep her from going wild.

Also, this strain stinks. Proper measures must be taken from early flowering until final jarring; perfumes the entire block up.

Added: This is the largest plant that I've grown indoors. In retrospect, I should have used an additional week in veg to trim her down some more and open up the center. I had to do that over a month into flowering. I never planned on staking, just had to be done three weeks before harvest. Learning experience and all. If I could have done anything better, it would be to better anticipate the end result and use a little more forethought to plan better.

Thank you so much for the info. I grow hempy style too, but use Lucas formula so far with no added boosters for flower. Yeah, a 2 month veg won't get me near Mrs piggy, so at least now I can temper my expectations lol. I don't want to grow it that long, but someday when I get my growing down I'll start mothers and clones. I still live in a state where access to clones and anything else is pretty much impossible, so I'll be forced into it soon. This one seed cost me 17 bucks too, and the ol' lady about threw up when I told her. She was happier when I explained the cost of growing a 17 dollar seed compared to buying two ounces of it. Can't wait to get this first grow under my belt and get that hgk under the led! And again, thanks for the info. I'll swing some rep your way when I get on computer instead of app.

Looks great Josh! Mines more of a diary too lol Very nice pull in the hgk. Are you doing qwiso still?

Oh yeah. I had around 3 gallons of sugar leaves, popcorn, and scissor hash from Miss Piggy. Picture beach ball size in a garbage bag. I used about seven liquid ounces of iso to condense it. I'd wash and then keep reusing the same solvent to run the entire batch. Tell ya what, not as pretty looking as yours, but oh my. One vape = 4 hours of pain relief.

:high-five:

Thank you so much for the info. I grow hempy style too, but use Lucas formula so far with no added boosters for flower. Yeah, a 2 month veg won't get me near Mrs piggy, so at least now I can temper my expectations lol. I don't want to grow it that long, but someday when I get my growing down I'll start mothers and clones. I still live in a state where access to clones and anything else is pretty much impossible, so I'll be forced into it soon. This one seed cost me 17 bucks too, and the ol' lady about threw up when I told her. She was happier when I explained the cost of growing a 17 dollar seed compared to buying two ounces of it. Can't wait to get this first grow under my belt and get that hgk under the led! And again, thanks for the info. I'll swing some rep your way when I get on computer instead of app.

You don't have to worry about swinging me reps. I'm happy that I was able to possibly help you out. That's the only reward I'm concerned about.

I'm thinking of doing a step by step tutorial to what I do later this week. If I get the time to find it possible, check it out. I'm also going to sub to your journal (...not sure if I haven't already...?) My thinking is that the more people cheering a person on the better. It really is helpful if problems arise, everyone is an expert in their own fields.

You don't have to worry about swinging me reps. I'm happy that I was able to possibly help you out. That's the only reward I'm concerned about.

I'm thinking of doing a step by step tutorial to what I do later this week. If I get the time to find it possible, check it out. I'm also going to sub to your journal (...not sure if I haven't already...?) My thinking is that the more people cheering a person on the better. It really is helpful if problems arise, everyone is an expert in their own fields.

I forgot the app has a button to browser, so rep was already given. No backsies! lol

I'll definitely sub up if you start some tutorials. I know my grow has been going so well since I've spent quite a bit of time just reading and learning from growers here. It is nice to have a community to look in on what you do, and I'm always looking for advice to make things easier or better in my grow. The minute I signed up I took all the help I could get and give out all the help I can. Gotta pay it back for that good karma!

I forgot the app has a button to browser, so rep was already given. No backsies! lol

I'll definitely sub up if you start some tutorials. I know my grow has been going so well since I've spent quite a bit of time just reading and learning from growers here. It is nice to have a community to look in on what you do, and I'm always looking for advice to make things easier or better in my grow. The minute I signed up I took all the help I could get and give out all the help I can. Gotta pay it back for that good karma!

I "lurked" on here for around half of a year before becoming a member. When I finally officially joined, I was very lucky to have Relaxed Lester be my first subscriber. That cat has helped me out more than everyone else cumitively.

This is a great place to learn. I personally feel blessed being a member of this forum.

I work three jobs at the moment. Weird hours and all. I'll try to break out the camera and show/explain what I do in an easily digestible manner.

It is a blessing to be in this digital age with all this great info at our fingertips, and the availability to be a part of a community with people all over the world.

3 jobs? And growing? That's some real dedication. Take your time with the pics and tutorial, seems like you got a full plate already lol.

I can deal with the work. Kinda my duty being the man of the house. No complaints their. My personal work-life is heavily censored for my safety. Not saying wifey is the money maker, I do my part, but she has consistent hours. We also work for the government; local, county, state, federal, a lot of intercoordinatating agencies. She's actually a big-wig, published author in her field of study. So, yeah, sshhh...

Your secret is safe with me. I'm a stay at home dad and my kid is really easy going, so I've gotten pretty lazy. I didn't mind working, but my lady wanted to go back to work, so I tried this out. Best job in the world. Not much sleep, but I've always lived on 4 hours sleep.

We don't have our own children. I'm alright with that. We both come from extended families-there's too many nieces and nephews to keep straight. I love children, wifey wants some. We're just not in a financial position. Seems like we're always babysitting. If we have children, so be it. Honestly would not bother me either way. I just want to be able to pay for myself before bringing another life into this crazy world.

She's at the point in one's life where, if you want to make kids, now's the time. Honestly, this conversation gives me nightmares. Kids scare me personally. I'd rather buy another dog to breed my stud 50% Siberian Husky, 50% Grey Wolf with. At least I could sell pups. I'm more comfortable with short term obligations. KIDS...that's just plain scary.

Finally, someone gets it. It's not about the reps, likes, pages, post, etc.. It's about what type of co-member you are to your cyber peers. The fore-mentioned just comes along with the territory.
As I'm getting a better view of who you are I'm impressed and would love to see a more detailed tutorial of your growing techniques (videos not necessary). I really don't have time to watch them. I'm subbed to too many journals to spend that much time on one post. If I watched videos I'd never get caught up being that they're all at least two minutes long; & that's the short ones.

I "lurked" on here for around half of a year before becoming a member. When I finally officially joined, I was very lucky to have Relaxed Lester be my first subscriber. That cat has helped me out more than everyone else cumitively.
He's a hell of a guy, isn't he?

How did things go with the house meeting?

Your secret is safe with me. I'm a stay at home dad and my kid is really easy going, so I've gotten pretty lazy. I didn't mind working, but my lady wanted to go back to work, so I tried this out. Best job in the world. Not much sleep, but I've always lived on 4 hours sleep.

Not really a "secret" I live in Washington State. I'm currently legal as per state laws. Still, there's a bunch of current state legislation that needs to be addressed, lots of counter-lapping laws still on the books. I have to pee clean for employment. That is all.

I wish I could have been ready financially for a kid. Paycheck to paycheck sucks, but it's always been that way for me. I told my girl if it happens it happens, and 6 months later it happened. I'm not too worried right now, but once he can talk back and get rotten I'll probably worry. I had a dog just like yours before. Thing was mean as hell if an animal came near her food bowl or touched her when she slept, but never growled at me once. Second best dog I ever had, next to my weimaraner. If you can breed dogs like you grow weed, you'd be a millionaire in no time.

Back
Top Bottom