Pinktiger777

Hello! I'm not new, but I'm starting this new journal because my growing methods are changing.
For those of you who don't know me, I'm a 72-year-old woman who lives in Southwest Missouri. I grow my own marijuana in my basement. Today I'm growing six plants in a 5 X 5 grow tent. My last grow was strange; my seeds failed to sprout, all but two - so I grew two plants, and it took a long time - five months. The yield was fantastic! I got more than two pounds of bud. For some reason, I still have problems with sprouting seeds, and I have followed all the methods. I think it is me. So, I decided to start buying clones instead and using those.
It is still dicey getting clones in Missouri, even though we are now a recreational state due to the successful vote of the people. We still have to get licensed to grow. But I found a site online that reliably sends clones all over the U.S. Just google "marijuana clones online," and it will pop up. I immediately plopped the clones in a 6-inch block of rock wool and put them in my smaller tent, a 2 x 2 1/2 feet tent, to get them ready to put in the larger tent later after the roots take off. Shipping was high at $60 for six clones, but they came safely.
Rock wool blocks are clean and prevent many issues if you use them right. Before you can use them, the blocks must be soaked for at least 24 hours in a solution of water balanced to 5.5 ph. Discarding this water before moving the blocks to the tent is essential. I use a plastic tub to soak the blocks. Do not squeeze. The water will drain, and it will be ok.
Likewise, you must soak the uni slabs, which are additional blocks of rock wool that will allow the plant roots to expand. You essentially cut out a six-inch square to accommodate the block and cut slits in the plastic to allow water to drain. As a result, the plant tray and the water stay clean.
Here the uni slabs are soaking in a ph'd solution. This water will be drained before the plants are seated on the slabs.
The food I use in my hydroponic grow is the General Hydroponics Flora series. I have tried others and always come back to this. It is clean and easy to measure, and it is efficient and goes a long way. I use vinegar instead of PH down to adjust my ph because it seems to last longer. I also use hydrogen peroxide to control the growth of algae. Without the use of soil and other media, I don't have a pest problem. But I also keep the grow room clean and separate from the rest of the house.
The plants were seated in late December and now it is January 17. Two days ago I trimmed the branches to remove undergrowth and now the plants are taking off. Here are more photos:

@InTheShed, and everyone! I wanted to alert you to my new journal and update you on my health.
Last year I had several medical procedures, and in September finally had a spinal fusion to fix my broken back. I broke it when I was 19 when I fell down a flight of concrete stairs and bounced down them on my rear. My lumbar area was affected, and I had bulging discs. I'm 72 - and finally, my doctors decided it was time to do this. It was the most painful and scary thing I've ever been through. But without it, I was losing my ability to walk, and I was also losing my other faculties, if you get my drift.
Now I'm all better. For the first time in my life in more than 50 years, I'm pain-free in my back. I've been learning to walk again, and the feeling has come back in my legs and feet. I'm still diabetic, but I've lost 30 pounds since September, and my A1C is down.
I'm a medical marijuana patient for pain, depression, and appetite. I've had to make myself eat, and the mmj helps. I've got a lot of info on growing inside in a tent. I'm still stealthy, even though my growth is legal and medical. When I began, I was breaking the law, and I was cautious. I'm still careful because my husband is a well-known businessman in our small town. Everyone here is a Republican Trumper except for me and (secretly) my husband. Since we married more than nine years ago, he has changed his political ideas.
I'll be happy to help anyone who needs it, so ask away.

Update on my grow.
The main issue I have had in the past few days is cold temps. It has been very cold (for us) at night, and I've had to be careful not to let the tent get below 60. One night it was down to 40, and I panicked. I put my heater on and opened the tent so the heat could get in it. The main problem was the exhaust fan, so I lowered it to level 2.
Because they aren't in flower yet, I didn't worry about light issues.
Another problem I had, and it was my fault; I had a growth of fuzzy gray mold on the airstones floating in the reservoir. It looked like cotton batting! It is harmless but caused by having too rich of a nutrient solution.
I reduced that by half (which is prudent because I knew that using the GH at full strength was not a good idea). Now it is fine, but I had to empty and clean the res and the airstones.
I'm going to use Oxine and citric acid, but I will not do it for a few days, so I will let you know here when I do and how it works.
Here are some photos - the plants are going well. They are growing as expected, scrogged to develop as many tops as possible. I put the top net on today.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom