Please help with this Cheese Auto: First time grower

DoobieRubies

420 Member
Hello all,

I would like to know if anyone knows what's the deal with my plant 2nd week into flower at day (38) ? Cheese auto is under a 600w led, primarily on veg spectrum. The plant is also grown m in a Coco medium, contained in a 5gal airport that only have approx 3.5gallons of Coco. I adjusted the height up; didn't have enough Coco to fill pot up . In addition, I water with just tap water that has been left out to evaporate chlorine. Problems have relatively arrived once plant shifted into flowering state.

My ultimate concern is why is my plant new growth skinny looking now? Also all my leaves seem to have shrunken. Do bare in mind the bottom of the pot is porus add is not all the way flat on the ground as it should. Wouldn't know if air flow is getting under pot, drying roots from bottom.

Soil is dense with roots, barely can check to see moiture levels. Any answers will be appreciated
20190114_162205.jpg

Attachments

• 20190113_222114.jpg
    20190113_222114.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20190114_162147.jpg
    20190114_162147.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190105_011817.jpg
    20190105_011817.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190102_051257.jpg
    20190102_051257.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 50
Suggest pics with natural light

What's yer water pH
How often do u water?
1st grow, 2nd grow?????
Nutes and how much of manufacturer suggested strength???

And welcome aboard

First, :welcome: to the forum.

What nutrients are you using, and at what concentration? Coco has no nutrient value for the plants. Do you know the TDS of the tap water? Do you adjust the pH?

Is the 600W what the LED draws from the wall, or is that what the manufacturer claims it is equivalent to? I have an 1800W LED that only draws 300W from the wall. I can't achieve light burn in a 2' x 4' grow tent with it.

Suggest pics with natural light

What's yer water pH
How often do u water?
1st grow, 2nd grow?????
Nutes and how much of manufacturer suggested strength???

And welcome aboard

Hello Chris,

Thanks for responding to my thread. My temps are consistently between 74f - 83f. Mostly 78f

I water everday, 2-3 solo cups.

However I backed off upon noticing this change.

PH droplet test shows yellow/orange range primarily after nutes added.

Orange - 5ph

Yellow - 6ph

Nutes are general hydroponics 3 series.

Floranova micro bloom.

Humbolts golden secret additive

I've used GH's Flora Trio at 1/3 label strength for coco/perlite without a problem:

full

This is a screenshot of Excel, with my Nutrient Mix Calculator.

The label instructions come from General Hydroponics...

My flush sequence is 4 days at 100%, 4 days at 50%, followed by 4 days of plain water.

I set the quantity of water, and the strength of nutrients. The calculator computes the amount of nutrients I need to add to the water. I use oral syringes to measure out the nutrients. They are free for the asking at most pharmacies in Canada.

Early in the growth cycle I mix 1 liter batches, at the end 18l in a 5 US gal pail. The pail lasts 4.5 days as I grow four plants and they take about a liter each per day.

I work in liters as in Canada we are on the metric system. It also make measuring the volume of water easy as I just weigh it. One liter weighs one Kilogram.

Before my first grow I did a fair amount of research. I learned that at label strength GH nutrients were too strong. Most sources recommended 50% or less. I started at 25% for my first grow, and have been slowly increasing the strength. The chart I provided is from my last successful grow. I'm up to 40% in my current grow.

I strongly suggest staying with all General Hydroponics products for your first few grows. That way you can go directly to one manufacturer for help. They can't weasel out of it by blaming a product from another manufacturer for your problems.

I use RO water for my plants. Until the transition to bloom, I set the pH to 5.8. Transition to bloom is four days at a pH of 6.0. Bloom and ripen, as well as final ripening are at a pH of 6.2. Start with the final ripening formulation when the trichomes start getting cloudy. I don't measure TDS/EC for drain to waste systems. I use my TDS/EC meter to check my RO monthly.

I can convert the calculator to HTML/javascript if 420 Magazine is willing to host it.

First, :welcome: to the forum.

What nutrients are you using, and at what concentration? Coco has no nutrient value for the plants. Do you know the TDS of the tap water? Do you adjust the pH?

Is the 600W what the LED draws from the wall, or is that what the manufacturer claims it is equivalent to? I have an 1800W LED that only draws 300W from the wall. I can't achieve light burn in a 2' x 4' grow tent with it.

Thanks for responding @oldsalt.

I imagine given the price that, it is a 600w equivalent. 90$

I forgot to mention I have Mycorrhizae cultivating the soil, and perlite.
Only 1-3 leaves display slight indication of nutes burn. The leaves still have a paper texture, however, they have a lifeless sag, and shrunken appearance; stock still getting bigger as well.

Just nervous, I don't want to screw this first grow up nearing the end cycle.
I watered 8hrs ago, Ihave no sign of leaves perking up.

I am a soil girl though, and this is coco... and it sounds and looks like things are going pretty well. The loss of one leaf is not a crisis, and I see no creeping or encompassing problem here... all the leaves look nice and green and there is obviously lots of vigorous growth. The slightly less green new growth is perfectly normal... I say carry on. Do what you are doing... It is working.
That being said.. welcome to the forum!

lol... that is like turning on the Bat signal!
LOL!

I am a soil girl though, and this is coco... and it sounds and looks like things are going pretty well.
If this were soil I'd say you were a little overwatered, but from what I hear that's not possible in coco! As Emilya says, new growth is always lighter green so don't let that alarm you.

In terms of the skinny leaves, once plants go into flower the shape of the leaves often change, and some plant you swore was a broad-leafed indica in veg can suddenly look like a sativa in flower. That's just genetics and nothing to worry about.

You should never use plain water in coco. At this stage of development you should be feeding nutes pH'd at 6.0 at least once per day to substantial run off. If you haven't been feeding to run off you could possibly have salt build up. Feeding daily to run off replenishes the nutes, pulls in fresh oxygen to the root zone, and prevents salt build up. Good luck.

Hi guys in Nick. I'm new here first grow.
Im using FFOF for soil
No nutrs yet as my plant is a weee little sapling about 2 inches tall.
Im growing Blueberry from 420 and my other plant only gre to be a foot tall at HARVEST! only got 1/2 ounce
Gotta say though i used No nutes!
I just wanted data. Now on this grow Vann all u kick ass guys/gals guide me through this? What next? Plant only 2 inches tall 2 weeks old.

Im using FFOF for soil
Im growing Blueberry from 420 and my other plant only gre to be a foot tall at HARVEST! only got 1/2 ounce
I just wanted data. Now on this grow Vann all u kick ass guys/gals guide me through this? What next? Plant only 2 inches tall 2 weeks old.
Forgot to mebtion I'm using 1000watt LED FOR 2 PLANTS grown inside a grow tent
2×2×4

Im using FFOF for soil

:welcome: to the forum.

You should start your own thread for your issue. I'm not growing in soil, so I won't get into that.

Something to be aware of is that a 1000W LED does not draw 1000W from the wall. It's an advertising gimmick by the manufacturer. I have a 1800W LED that draws 300W from the wall. I cannot achieve light burn in a 2' X 4' tent unless a plant actually touches the COB ;)

Back
Top Bottom