Popping My Hydro Cherry

ok just checked almost 2 hours after last time. PH was about 7.0 so I downed it again. I will let that soak for a bit and check it again...

here's hoping...

My Ph always raises up until the last 3 weeks of flower then it start to drop

The foam and odor you're experiencing is microbial digestion of the organic matter in your reservoir. To settle it down you will need to aereate the reservoir. Be sure to use a large bubbler rather than an air stone that will produce small bubbles and increase the foam. Big burbbling bubbles are what you want to achieve to settle down the foam.

The water was cloudy like that once I put the FF Organic Big Bloom. I will check the roots. I went out again at 4pm and the water was at 7.5 so I brought it down again. I was told (by the person at In&Out garden) that the air stones and the Hydroton gravel I am using could affect the PH as well. Is it normal for me to have to check it every few hours until it stabilizes? It is a system that is 3 days old after all. Does it take time to balance and then stabilize?

a few leaf tips are turning brown now. I went and checked it again this morning and sure enough it was above 7.0 again. Should it change that fast?

SO your using fox farm along with earth juice. Its seems like your going for an organic hydro setup. when using ANY nutrient program its always best to start out quarter strength then on your weekly/bi-weekly change out, up it to 50% recommended strength, then work your way up as you change out your rez. nute companies goive what they feel is best. My suggestion is to start off with fresh p.h'd water then work you way up slowly.

I did a mini flush today and that seemed to help.... If I see it still having problems tomorrow I will flush the whole system. I am running off a natural spring with a string filter (for wells/springs) and the PH is 7.0. I can just run that through while I syphon off the reservoir.

after flushing a bit it seemed to help so I flushed about 5 more gallons. I have noticed new growth and the yellow is going away. I am glad I caught the temp problem early on. I have pics once I resize them I will post. BTW the PH still rises but does not seem to go above 7.0 and the rate it changes has slowed significantly.

Cheers!

here are the pics from the dry leaf tips... finally got around to processing them.... things have been busy..

2SDC10658.jpg
2SDC10657.jpg
2SDC10656.jpg
2SDC10655.jpg

:reading420magazine:

Well the temp went crazy yesterday and the recorded high was 91 in the room. I decided to do my (total) flush a day early. I shut off the pump and drained the res. I then refilled with fresh water and turned the pump on to cycle. To pull the old water from the system I syphoned off the res until it was at pump level and added fresh water. This was dome about 5 times until I could still see the bottom of the res with the water at full level (not totally clear). I then added 1/4 the nute requirements and PH downed to 5.8. I went to check them a little while ago and this is what I found. Mind you there was a flow problem on the hot day due to hoses kinking etc.
2SDC10673.jpg
2SDC106741.jpg
2SDC10675.jpg
2SDC10676.jpg

The water was a little over 60 degrees after flushing... Was that too cold? I am not sure since I was not the one that found out about the flow problem but I am guessing that the 3 that are having problems were the ones floating too high (having issues). I had noticed that they looked a little stressed before I flushed the system.

Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom