Possibly root rot?

Vasdef

Hey all,
I have 1 plant, DWC, growing in coco. She's 13 weeks old, has been growing fast and healthy looking. My chiller keeps the reservoir at around 63 - 66F. I change the water every 8 to 10 days. To the 5 gal. reservoir i add 15ml Hydroguard at every change. I use the 3 GH nutes.
The roots are firm, no sliminess nor is there any smell. What im thinking is maybe the FloraMicro is staining the roots. I'm also adding about 1 gal. Water per day. (I've been using spring water, the water i add daily is tap water that I let sit for a couple days. My tap water is 250ppm.) On average the PH is 5.7 - 6.0. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

20220426_125651.jpg

20220426_125539.jpg

20220426_125511.jpg

Whaddup Vasdef?

Nice rig but hey you’ve got dope growing out of your cooler man!! :cool:

I’m not a hydro guy but yes nutes can stain the roots. Might not hurt to let her drink down the res more so it gets fresh oxygenated water on next refill cycle.

if I recall correctly any clear tubing will spawn green funk, it’s gotta be lightproof.

im going to shout at @bluter

Whaddup Vasdef?

Nice rig but hey you’ve got dope growing out of your cooler man!! :cool:

I’m not a hydro guy but yes nutes can stain the roots. Might not hurt to let her drink down the res more so it gets fresh oxygenated water on next refill cycle.

if I recall correctly any clear tubing will spawn green funk, it’s gotta be lightproof.

im going to shout at @bluter
Thanks. Hey, wait til the guy who owns that cooler finds out...

Very pretty plant. If there is no smell or slime than they are probably just stained. Looks great.

Keep in mind that h2o2 will kill your hydroguard along with anything bad. It is best not to mix the two.

Hey all,
I have 1 plant, DWC, growing in coco. She's 13 weeks old, has been growing fast and healthy looking. My chiller keeps the reservoir at around 63 - 66F. I change the water every 8 to 10 days. To the 5 gal. reservoir i add 15ml Hydroguard at every change. I use the 3 GH nutes.
The roots are firm, no sliminess nor is there any smell. What im thinking is maybe the FloraMicro is staining the roots. I'm also adding about 1 gal. Water per day. (I've been using spring water, the water i add daily is tap water that I let sit for a couple days. My tap water is 250ppm.) On average the PH is 5.7 - 6.0. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

20220426_125651.jpg

20220426_125539.jpg

20220426_125511.jpg

Your tap water ph seems high ppm and low ph. Are you on a rural well? City water here avg 7-7.2ph and 150ppm
Beautiful plant how do you avoid pm and mold the plant fills the tent?

Your tap water ph seems high ppm and low ph. Are you on a rural well? City water here avg 7-7.2ph and 150ppm
Beautiful plant how do you avoid pm and mold the plant fills the tent?
Not a well, I read they keep them in tanks. This water is not bad. The water in the city next to mine smells like rotten eggs. Sulphur.
I think there's no mold because the humidity is in the mid 40's, my guess. This is my 2nd grow, so I'm still kinda new to this.

Not a well, I read they keep them in tanks. This water is not bad. The water in the city next to mine smells like rotten eggs. Sulphur.
I think there's no mold because the humidity is in the mid 40's, my guess. This is my 2nd grow, so I'm still kinda new to this.

Well whatever your doing looks good from here congratulations I think your gonna have some nice bud!!

@Vasdef I have no personal experience with this; however, THCfarmer.com recommends adding peroxide to your hydro system...
In a Hydroponic system H2O2 will disperse throughout the system and raise Oxygen levels as it breaks down. Strong white healthy roots with lots of fuzzy new growth will be visible. This fuzzy growth has massive surface area allowing for rapid absorption of the huge amounts of water and nutrients needed for rapid top growth.
•••
Three percent Hydrogen Peroxide may be added at up to three ml's per liter (2 1\2 tsp. Per gallon), but it is recommended that you start at a lower concentration and increase to full strength over a few weeks. Use every watering even on fresh cuttings. For hydroponics use every reservoir change and replace twenty-five percent (one quarter) every day. Example: In a 100L reservoir you would add three hundred ml's (3%) of H2O2 when changing the nutrient. You would then add seventy-five ml's more every day.

@Vasdef I have no personal experience with this; however, THCfarmer.com recommends adding peroxide to your hydro system...

Ive tried H2O2 and still use it in my cloner however once I got my light leaks fixed and water stabilized Ive found making my own clear rez from hypochlorous acid and water has my roots exploding and bright white while my plants look very happy. I also had success early on when I had some green algae starting 1-2ml of bleach once to twice per week per 20liters sterilized my reservoir this only works if your running a sterile res though.

Ive tried H2O2 and still use it in my cloner however once I got my light leaks fixed and water stabilized Ive found making my own clear rez from hypochlorous acid and water has my roots exploding and bright white while my plants look very happy. I also had success early on when I had some green algae starting 1-2ml of bleach once to twice per week per 20liters sterilized my reservoir this only works if your running a sterile res though.
So if I'm using Hydroguard, then I shouldn't worry about using H202, right?

So if I'm using Hydroguard, then I shouldn't worry about using H202, right?

Hydro guard is enzymes if I understand correctly that’s organic and H2O2 would work against the enzymes. It’s sterile or live res.
“The uc roots would kill the bio life in the Hydroguards. One is a enzymatic clean and uc roots is a sterile clean. It would be redundant and probably make your water unstable to use. Iv used both in multiple hydro methods and uc roots hands down is the winner”
Simple web search this is my understanding of hydroguard its organic not sterile.
You can use H2O2 to reset and clean up before a water change but definitely dont kill your beneficial bacteria when you first fill your res.

Back
Top Bottom