Possibly sounds odd

Inquisitive

420 Member
Hi, this may sound a little odd. I have only tried green a handful of times but really do not like the way it makes me feel. I'd like to be nicely chilled out but even with the tiniest amount, I'm completely incapacitated is this because my body just isn't used to it or is there a particular strain I should try? I did say you may have to bear with me

You may be trying strains that are too strong for a first time smoke. Add to the fact that the thc can also cause paranoia about how you "really" feel. We used to call this "white death" as it feels so serious when you have overdone it that you convince yourself that it is a bad situation and reaction to cannabis has gone very wrong. Although it can be amusing to watch from the outside , for the person experiencing it , it can be a terrifying and off putting experience. If you ensure that you are with people you can trust not to allow you to go too fast. Maybe try just two or three pulls then give yourself 15 mins to see how that feels first. It is about building a tolerance that is comfortable and allows you to relax and enjoy the feelings of calm and concentration. The giggles , talking rubbish and changing the world , all come within that stage too . If it is the actual smoking that is the issue then maybe consider an edible form of trying it out. It takes less and last a lot longer but is a milder stone and slowly takes effect so you have time to adjust to the sensations. I think that smoking can be so sudden that its it is easy to have that "one pull too much" and have a negative experience that doesnt represent the weed very well or the person that is supporting your experience trying it. Dont be off put totally and i hope your next experiment goes better for you.

Hi, Thanks for the in-depth reply it's not the smoking, I smoke like a trooper. I've definitely had the paranoia, questioning everything, hearing everything so loud and apparently 'whiteied??' (Full on chunder) but I've only ever had a couple of puffs a time. It does me in instantly, or just amplifies every sensation, which, if at a convenient time is brilliant but that isn't always the case.
I feel it is a tolerance thing, and perhaps me convincing myself it's a bad thing beforehand.
I'll try ease myself in, but with so many different types, how do i know which to go for? Thanks again

Makes me laugh. As a long time smoker and grower some of those same feelings are what we strive for. For a new smoker trying a hybred smoke for the first time can really scare a lot of people off what can be a life changing decision. Start off really small, half a hit at a time allowing plenty of time to adjust. Edibles are fine but if the dose is too strong you are stuck with it for a lot longer as well. As they say in the Caribbean, Go Slow.

Kind of makes me laugh too...when I was younger I did all kinds of stuff. Completely different kind of high tho. Im 42 now and very much a lightweight, behaved myself since having kids etc. Only just managing to have more than a couple of drinks without drama when I used to be able to drink like a fish
The medicinal values are what is pushing me to want to persevere.
I'll try a little later this evening and see what happens, go slow

Kind of makes me laugh too...when I was younger I did all kinds of stuff. Completely different kind of high tho. Im 42 now and very much a lightweight, behaved myself since having kids etc. Only just managing to have more than a couple of drinks without drama when I used to be able to drink like a fish
The medicinal values are what is pushing me to want to persevere.
I'll try a little later this evening and see what happens, go slow
if it is the medicinal mainly, then a strain bred more for CBD than THC would suit you far better. They do not have a " high" at all as the psychoactive component is in the thc. There are a lot of legal places that sell this over the counter now , even here in the UK. This would cut out any giddyness or loss of head control either. They are for treating and supporting medical issues and also general good health. If you already have some weed to use then maybe only use a very small amount and dust the tobacco with it. Slow and steady is the game mate. I assure you that the majority of people on here know exactly where your at. For some people it just is not suited ( not suggesting this is you at all) and the loss of ANY control creates an illusion of chaos for them.
My true advice is , perseverance and small amounts to build your confidence in doing it too. The mental barrier can kill tou dead for relaxing into the abilities that this amazing plant can open up.
A very small amount and maybe 1 pull for short a time(15 mins , repeat if ok to continue) while you listen to some favourite music with headphones on. You will be amazed how great music really sounds when you "feel" the artists emotions and intent as they truly meant you too.( This will make sense if you try it mate!!). Low and slow with great sounds will blow you away. So different to ,pills, powders, potions, gas , glue , alcohol ( been a long journey !) and yet i still stick with the herb.
I truly believe in the abilities that weed has for mental and general health and so far in 35 years, it has bought me no ills.
Let us know how you get on mate. good luck . Chill , music , float into a big smiley grin.

Have you tried both Indica and Sativa flower? Perhaps a energizing Sativa would be more to your liking?
Is it couchlock you are not liking?
As Ganja Granddaddy mentioned( Hi GG!) Maybe a high CBC low THC strain would be best to ease you in.
Sometimes the social setting can cause anxiety as well.

look up microdosing for cannabis. microdosing is consuming small amounts with time in between to explore the effects and find a level you are comfortable with. the idea behind it is to achieve a buzz, while not diving into a full on stone immediately.

you will probably feel a positive benefit long before exhibiting any of the outward signs of a high. microdosing will allow you to achieve that level without rushing past it to a place you feel uncomfortable.

i microdose with tiny amounts of cannabis smoked in a simple small pipe. it allows me to control how much is consumed at any given time without having to resort to extinguishing and relighting a pre rolled joint, making it much more convenient.

if you are dosing primarily for a medical reason, let us know what issue you are trying to address in general, as we may be able to recommend a method more suited to your needs.

:)

if it is the medicinal mainly, then a strain bred more for CBD than THC would suit you far better. They do not have a " high" at all as the psychoactive component is in the thc. There are a lot of legal places that sell this over the counter now , even here in the UK. This would cut out any giddyness or loss of head control either. They are for treating and supporting medical issues and also general good health. If you already have some weed to use then maybe only use a very small amount and dust the tobacco with it. Slow and steady is the game mate. I assure you that the majority of people on here know exactly where your at. For some people it just is not suited ( not suggesting this is you at all) and the loss of ANY control creates an illusion of chaos for them.
My true advice is , perseverance and small amounts to build your confidence in doing it too. The mental barrier can kill tou dead for relaxing into the abilities that this amazing plant can open up.
A very small amount and maybe 1 pull for short a time(15 mins , repeat if ok to continue) while you listen to some favourite music with headphones on. You will be amazed how great music really sounds when you "feel" the artists emotions and intent as they truly meant you too.( This will make sense if you try it mate!!). Low and slow with great sounds will blow you away. So different to ,pills, powders, potions, gas , glue , alcohol ( been a long journey !) and yet i still stick with the herb.
I truly believe in the abilities that weed has for mental and general health and so far in 35 years, it has bought me no ills.
Let us know how you get on mate. good luck . Chill , music , float into a big smiley grin.
See that's what I'm after, just hasn't happened like that yet lol. My fella reckons the stuff he has now gives an uplift rather than a downer, no idea what it is tho, will have a little go and see how I get on

Have you tried both Indica and Sativa flower? Perhaps a energizing Sativa would be more to your liking?
Is it couchlock you are not liking?
As Ganja Granddaddy mentioned( Hi GG!) Maybe a high CBC low THC strain would be best to ease you in.
Sometimes the social setting can cause anxiety as well.
It's only ever me and my fella at home with peace and quiet but yes I'd say couchlock is a good description, not for me

look up microdosing for cannabis. microdosing is consuming small amounts with time in between to explore the effects and find a level you are comfortable with. the idea behind it is to achieve a buzz, while not diving into a full on stone immediately.

you will probably feel a positive benefit long before exhibiting any of the outward signs of a high. microdosing will allow you to achieve that level without rushing past it to a place you feel uncomfortable.

i microdose with tiny amounts of cannabis smoked in a simple small pipe. it allows me to control how much is consumed at any given time without having to resort to extinguishing and relighting a pre rolled joint, making it much more convenient.

if you are dosing primarily for a medical reason, let us know what issue you are trying to address in general, as we may be able to recommend a method more suited to your needs.

:)
Hi, Thanks. That's the thing though, I only ever have 3 drags at most. Will have to try just one. I would just like to be able to relax without feeling so weird I guess. So far it's just felt too much, even with a tiny amount. Think I need to get over my mental block, have never liked the idea of weed (bad experience years back)
For medicinal purposes, I have ulcerative colitis and am sick of taking meds that do more harm than good. I also worry about worrying lol so something to help with anxiety would be great

For medicinal purposes, I have ulcerative colitis and am sick of taking meds that do more harm than good. I also worry about worrying lol so something to help with anxiety would be great

i have diverticulitis which is a relative of colitis. you should probably be doing canna pills. cbd for sure and probably thc pills as well. there is an extensive endocannabinoid system throughout the gut, and you need to help that to manage your condition. canna pills are magic for gastrointestinal issues.

Hi, see I didn't know pills were even a thing! Is that achievable diy? Or would smoke be the wrong way to go....im looking at self sufficiency

Didn't bother in the end lol, was already knackered so just had early night....I'll find out what it is and try a tiny bit tonight, let you know on both counts

Didn't bother in the end lol, was already knackered so just had early night....I'll find out what it is and try a tiny bit tonight, let you know on both counts
All in good time my friend. At least your willing to attempt again. You will find a level , i assure you.
sadly, when you do , you will find reasons to roll another.lol
If your up for growing then you could check out one of the sponsors pages. Barneys Farm seeds have so many pure Cbd strains that are for health alone with no effects at all on your head. You could simply make edibles with the harvested plant. There are some very knowledgeable users here on this subject alone. There are also many that are higher in cbd and still have some thc to give a mild buzz too.
It is difficult if you dont know what your smoking , as most sellers are stocking the strongest they can to keep the regulars happy ( high tolerances built up so need stronger products)
If you grew yourself a single plant that YOU chose for its THC and CBD levels , then you could easily keep yourself in top quality weed that you could process to use in so many ways. You can even eat the leaves as you remove them for health benefits( more for organic growing than salt based nutes) .
Good luck and look forward to reading how you get on with the single drag and waiting( No pressure matey)

All in good time my friend. At least your willing to attempt again. You will find a level , i assure you.
sadly, when you do , you will find reasons to roll another.lol
If your up for growing then you could check out one of the sponsors pages. Barneys Farm seeds have so many pure Cbd strains that are for health alone with no effects at all on your head. You could simply make edibles with the harvested plant. There are some very knowledgeable users here on this subject alone. There are also many that are higher in cbd and still have some thc to give a mild buzz too.
It is difficult if you dont know what your smoking , as most sellers are stocking the strongest they can to keep the regulars happy ( high tolerances built up so need stronger products)
If you grew yourself a single plant that YOU chose for its THC and CBD levels , then you could easily keep yourself in top quality weed that you could process to use in so many ways. You can even eat the leaves as you remove them for health benefits( more for organic growing than salt based nutes) .
Good luck and look forward to reading how you get on with the single drag and waiting( No pressure matey)
Thanks, people on here certainly seem to know their stuff. The one he has now, which I haven't tried, is one of his own. Pretty sure it was af and turned hermie, see picking up already lol!! from memory, either gorilla or northern any advice before I try? I'm determined but in no rush

If he had to take it down early ,or it had started to produce seeds , the levels of THC and trichromes will be low if not non existent. This will depend on when it hermied and if it got well into flowering and bud producing. It could be a good start but if its low in thc and ok for you remember fully flowered and dried properly weed will be a lot stronger so be cautious with the next batch .
Another option could be trying Hash. Not as hard hitting as bud but sadly not in fashion as it once was. I make my own from the disposed trim and leaves and it is top notch. It is harder to find now but your mate might be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom