PotChimp's Grandaddy Purple Soilless Grow

Grandaddy Purple : Week 4, Day 5 from seed
022145.JPG

They're all five topped now, and starting to take off.
023146.JPG

This is that plant from my 1024 hermie seed, trimmed down to keep it small..... :)
024133.JPG

Well, I ordered yet another light. Another 150 watt HPS to put in here. That will make this closet 450 watts HPS for flowering and 300 watts HPS + 175 watts MH for veg (if I get lucky and find out my Sun System 4 ballast will accept a 175 watt MH bulb). I'm going to put these plants into 12/12 when it gets here. I read in one of the grow books that using MH in the last 2 weeks of flowering will help to increase potency, so I hope that the two bulbs are interchangeable. This grow should be cool as long as I don't overfeed them. I'm assuming these are mostly Indica; we'll see.....
:peace:

I've always been a HPS start to finish guy. K.I.S.S.. Especially with the nice bulbs nowadays, the spectrum is just fine for seed(yes, I said seed, not large plant or rooted clone) to finish, heck you can even dry em in the same room iff'n ya want too, thought I prefer a VERY slow dry, staged out to a good cure when time and filled mason jars permit. But if your in a pinch, you can quick dry some tester buds in a day on top of those hot dang reflector hoods.

Stoned again.....

Hi PotChimp bro, subbed here. Really want to see some GDP from start to finish . Want to grow some of that myself, never had it. hope it all goes well.

This strain growing slow under the GLR method. If I don't see better growth in a few days, I am considering changing the light cycle to 18/6. I've had good luck so far with that light cycle, but not here. I'll take a good look in the grow closet tomorrow night to tweak things again, and make sure air temps are down. I watered all 5 plants and the 1024 yesterday. I'll post more pics soon.
:peace:

subbed i have 3 purple strains about the same age as these, mine are about 4-5 days older, so should be fun growing purples together:thumb:

If there's any potholes in the road ahead, you can warn me in advance..... :)
I've read that the blueberry strains are sensitive to nutes but I'm not sure if the purple strains are. I hope the reason some people call them the dreaded purps is because of the buzz, and not because of difficulty in growing. :goodluck:

If there's any potholes in the road ahead, you can warn me in advance..... :)
I've read that the blueberry strains are sensitive to nutes but I'm not sure if the purple strains are. I hope the reason some people call them the dreaded purps is because of the buzz, and not because of difficulty in growing. :goodluck:

i have never heard of "the dreaded purps" lol but so far i have had very few problems, one of my purple#1 s seems to be a bit sensitive to ph and maybe nutes, but the rest, are blowing my mind with thier growth and vigor in particular the rpk and purple maroc, i have alreadt topped and taken 6 clones from the maroc, it also has a great smell i noticed in its second week of life
so im pretty excited with this round:high-five::thumb:

Week 5, Day 2 from seed :
020183.JPG

This is a really weird leaf mutation
022146.JPG

This is a really small plant for over 5 weeks old
021189.JPG

I get my other 150 watt HPS delivered tomorrow. I think I'm going to give them 1 week of 18/6 with this setup before I put them under 12/12 with the three 150 watt HPS lights. I'll feed again in a day or two.

i read somewhere that gdp is a slow starter but really explodes once they hit their stride, so im thinking, soon they will blast off!, also these are from seed right? thats a new thing for gdp if im not mistaken, so theres some relatively unknown factors at play here, and after seeing the leaf mutation im thinking not the most stable genetics just yet, those are my thoughts and 2 cents worth!:adore::goodjob::thumb:

Yes, they are from seed. I saw an ad a few months ago for them, and they haven't been in stock since. I'll have to do a little research to find out what they mean by "S1 hybrid" but I was thinking along the same lines. The last time (yes, even though I've only been doing this for about a year I've had a few weird seedlings) I just thought that with all the seeds these guys produce there's gonna be a couple of genetically off ones in the bunch. Most of these best selling seeds are new hybrids, so that explains a lot to me.

I wonder if I should take one and apply gibberelic acid to it to try and get seeds..... :hmmmm:

Note: I mixed week 5 (Crazy Growth) nutes up last night with a half dose of Cal-Mag and 1/4 teaspoon unsulfered molasses, which I'll feed them tonight.

Yes, they are from seed. I saw an ad a few months ago for them, and they haven't been in stock since. I'll have to do a little research to find out what they mean by "S1 hybrid" but I was thinking along the same lines. The last time (yes, even though I've only been doing this for about a year I've had a few) I just thought that with all the seeds these guys produce there's gonna be a couple of genetically off ones in the bunch. Now I know why it is happening at least. Most of these best selling seeds are new hybrids, so that explains a lot to me.

I wonder if I should take one and apply gibberelic acid to it to try and get seeds..... :hmmmm:
you can use colloidal silver to make feminized seed its simple to make (link in my sig) i dont know anything about gibber whatever acid lol, in either case yes you should, come on GDP here homey holy grail status and all!!:thumb: there's a thread by granny 420, detailing the col silver method, she and others did a great job detailing, im gonna be doing it in the near future my plan is to buy no more seed in the future, i have over 20 very different strains to work with,even some autos, im starting a breeding program in the near future, i only grow for myself and i am looking for certain medical effects i have serious pain/nerve damage,insomnia and,and,and etc, im a walking disaster! i don't need large amounts just specific results, and im fascinated by all aspects of breeding, i think its an important and noble undertaking that can benefit other disabled and sick ppl that perhaps cant breed and perhaps are still searching for that perfect pain strain, or whatever it may be that afflicts them, there's plenty of "fun" and "recreational" strains out there but medical breeding is relevantly new, so i plan to focus there, i picked a few based on high cbd,cbn and thcv, so hopefully i can do a good job and keep it organized!! lol :high-five::thumb::circle-of-love::peace:

I am currently trying to breed an Autoflower with VERY high CBD's. I've succeeded in creating one with very high THC, but there are so many uses for CBD's that I think it is essential for me to jump on that train. I breed to help people and to better this medicine, and hope to someday get my strains out there to patients, not just my local grower buddies that quit oredering seeds from the internet all together, they are satisfied with what I come up with and so are their customers/patients. Hopefully soon we can legally open seedbanks here in the states, and I will provide my seeds to individuals for cheap, unlike the seedbanks do now, that business is such a sham, and it takes advantage of patients in my opinion. I want to be the BPN of seedbanks, you know, provide top quality for cheap.

I am currently trying to breed an Autoflower with VERY high CBD's. I've succeeded in creating one with very high THC, but there are so many uses for CBD's that I think it is essential for me to jump on that train. I breed to help people and to better this medicine, and hope to someday get my strains out there to patients, not just my local grower buddies that quit oredering seeds from the internet all together, they are satisfied with what I come up with and so are their customers/patients. Hopefully soon we can legally open seedbanks here in the states, and I will provide my seeds to individuals for cheap, unlike the seedbanks do now, that business is such a sham, and it takes advantage of patients in my opinion. I want to be the BPN of seedbanks, you know, provide top quality for cheap.
2 of the autos i ordered are high cbd , im in that boat with you gt!, and one of the things id like to do is help to bring the seed prices to something like 4 for a dollar for killer genetics, i think you would make up the difference in volume and ppl would get to try more strains, and yeah im sorrry but i have seen a single seed for as much as 30 bucks! thats nonsense! so im with you all the way brother gt!!!:Namaste:
Wow everybody's ambitions are noble and I'm just a chimp tryin' to get high.
No wonder I got cursed with the O Ye of the Cloven Hoof two leafed purple weed plant damn I hope it's not evil..... :bitingnails:
evil weed ....YES!!! GIMME DAT DEVIL WEED!!! hey buddy dont think i dont smoke myself stupid just for pure fun once in a while, i learned from getting ripped with my buddies that hey wait a min this stuff helps pain! woah maybe its not just for fun??, getting high is nobel enough for me, id rather see anyone do cannabis than drink beer or do drugs 100% of the time! it should and will again be legal and available to all for whatever purpose!:Namaste:

Thanks cross1420. Well, I finally decided on the lighting. I'll be using a 175 watt MH lamp between two 150 watt HPS lamps for flowering. I'll start seedlings for the first week or two in the bottom of this closet with a 200 watt Feliz blue spectrum CFL, then veg under the 175 MH, adding the two 150 watt HPS at the end of veg. Since my 4" charcoal cannister is probably spent, I'll take it out to increase the airflow. This should do it here.
I :morenutes: all 5 plants last night. Hope this picks the growth rate up..... :snooze:

Wow everybody's ambitions are noble and I'm just a chimp tryin' to get high.
No wonder I got cursed with the O Ye of the Cloven Hoof two leafed purple weed plant damn I hope it's not evil..... :bitingnails:

Hey bro i'm sure it releases a lot of stress in your life. That's medicine in my eyes. Compared to every other everyday drug we use caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes Marijuana is a saint. So smoke all you want bro and don't you feel guilty. :bongrip:

Week 5, Day 4 from seed :
001802.JPG
003787.JPG
005710.JPG
006615.JPG

This one isn't doing too well. I put in in the sweet spot under the light after these pics.
007604.JPG

Here's that 1024 hermie seed, bushing out.....
008557.JPG

That's some pretty weak trellis string, but if it slows these down it'll do. They all look like the :morenutes: helped, except the sickly looking one. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the 1024 x ? plant. I'm afraid it'll smother these GDPs out if it gets big.

Unfortunately, it's Nylon made in China. Because China not having to comply with American quality standards puts plenty of money in our CEO's/politician's pockets (Same people by the way. Hmmmm. Think that could be why those politicians are all talk and no action?), I'm stuck with falling-apart-in-two-months Levi's and netting that breaks when a scrawny lil' 130 lb. PotChimp pulls on it lightly.....

Back
Top Bottom