Pre flowering

fisticuff 21

420 Member
Hi,
I am new to growing and I was just wondering if preflowering is a common occurrence or did I have something like a power outage accidentally throw my girls into flower early and then back to veg? The timers were still on 18 hours when I noticed this. Just curious for the future. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

They will preflower when they are mature enough that they "could flower" so it is normal and how you can tell the sex before you flip in most cases (depending on how good your eyes are and all the other variables of different Strains will have different time frame or even how much preflower they will throw out there for you to see. They take a few days to "transition" to Flowering (or to Reveg too) so it takes more than a couple days of issues to mess with their heads so to speak, and then you lose some Veg time if it switches and then you get back on schedule and it has to change gears back to Veg. Also some Strains or quality of your genetics will cause you other problems if you switch back and forth like that, as some can Hermie if you look at them wrong ;) and others you really have to try really really hard to stress them out (kind of like people are all different on that :rofl: ).

pictures would be benefecial. Have them under normal light when you take the picture. also, @Dwight Monk is right as they flower when they are mature.

Are they auto femenized seeds?

I'm pretty sure they are clones. A friend gave me a few to try out so I did not see them start their life. I just never heard anyone ever bring up pre flowering. I just thought you had to wait till you started to flower to tell the sex of the plants. But I will try to get some pics on a little later today. Without lights on. Here is a pic of when I first noticed it. They have not grew since. The pistils or whatever not the entire plant.
20200614_120953.jpg

If they are clones, which from the alternating nodes and looks(even with the tough picture) of them clones will show preflowers FAST. It doesn't mean it's flowering, the clone was taken from a mature plant more than likely. Since it's an exact replica, it's just showing maturity is all. NO issues. Keep em' Green. :thumb:

If they are clones, which from the alternating nodes and looks(even with the tough picture) of them clones will show preflowers FAST. It doesn't mean it's flowering, the clone was taken from a mature plant more than likely. Since it's an exact replica, it's just showing maturity is all. NO issues. Keep em' Green. :thumb:
Thanks. I thought that might be the case but being so new I wasn't sure. But at the same time I stay away 3 to 4 days a week at the moment so I wasnt sure if I did something I was unaware of.

Back
Top Bottom