Quick question

excuse my ignorance but where do i cut it off? at the base of the stem that is attached to the leaf i want to remove?
or how close to the base of the stem? or just cut the leaf off and leave the stem attached?

ok thanks. I also noticed the new growth underneath the very large fan leaves near the top of the plant is blocking the light from going down to the new nodes can i remove the large fan leaves or should i try to get them out of the way somehow?

my pots are getting quite dry now. I will wait one more day to feed again. I watered them Nov 8 at 10:30 pm that is the longest I have gone without watering . I will see how much drier they are in the morning

Angry Bird. how do i go about letting the now tops and lower growth to get light. the leaves are quite large on this strain.

any tips on what and how to get those large leaves out of the way. see pics below
my tops i pulled off 3 days ago already have split into 2. can i top anyplace there is a top
IMG_327622.JPG
IMG_327512.JPG
IMG_326719.JPG

last pic, no problems
the first, yes I see the problem. Low and very bushy.
Now, the buds are not going to grow there so in general it is no problem. wait until she shoots up in height and we go from there.
:thumb:

Ye need to let em grow for a couple weeks they will be just fine at present, just flapping around with some minor issue's really :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those bottom leafs do show nitrogen toxicity & unfortunately don't go away to easy just one of those things at the end of the day.

More likely caused by over feeding one way or another.

It is just getting your feeding right & adjust nutrient dosage... the rule of thumb go's like this !

Start low with 1/4 suggested rate of application of nutrients this will help avoid burn & other problems with very young plants as they get bigger they will require additional feed so like 1/2 rate etc late veg like the last couple of weeks before flowering ya more likely want to use full rate of nutrients.

2. How often do i need to feed is another question all together, well you might get away with a feed once a week in veg stage with coco coir just water/feed well in till the point of run off perhaps in later veg twice a week.

You see nutrients will sit in the medium for growing for X period of time the plant will only use so much depending on stage of growth so feeding every time may cause problems like a build up of nutrients which may or will lead to issues... nutrients are acidic in nature & a build up of salts will turn the medium acidic leading to PH problems & lock out issues.

As an example water based system such hydroponic's may refer to EC level of the nutrients (electrical conductivity) yup salt based nutrients ya be using those for coco coir as it classed as inert medium more or less... Ok so like you may see EC mention at low level for early growth & gradual increase during the stages peaking in flowering, it is basically the strength of nutrients used per stage hence i mentioned 1/4, 1/2 & full rate feeds, some thing to ponder over.

So every time I feed I should add liquid until it comes out the bottom with the coco?
This time when I watered after 3 days I gave approx 1-1.5 cups less so no runoff . Is that a bad thing?

Well to feed/water to the point of run off just means you don't have to go into the tent every so few days to do so & could mean longer between visits or additional work.

I'm not that fussed about run off at the moment as it just helps the roots develop & go in search of moisture which is a good thing but when the plants are larger or in flowering they will drink more so ya not gonna get away with what you just mentioned but in the mean time ya more than likely get away with that for awhile.

Just a point on the coco. You want to feed nutes everyday and never water until its time to flush the plants. No need to water to run off. For best results water with enough nutes that the pot is light and ready to be fed again 24 hours later. this will makes roots grow faster and plant will use will respond really quickly. ignore run off ec/ppm and ph. As long you are put nutes in around 1.4-1.6ec ph5.8 in veg and no higher than 2.4ec (recommend around 2.0) in flower there will be no drama. Coco responds fast. 4-5 weeks absolute max veg from germination or 3 max from clone for juicy plants. topping slows growth and gives no benefit over bending for final numbers and quality. topping will produce more heads but take longer to veg. just bend for monster crops.

No one is wrong on their advice by the way. This is how i do it and i think its the best way because ive proven it over and over. And ive tried it all.

Good luck :)

so i don't have to do anything about my plants since they are only 4-6 inches tall but over 12 inches wide? I can't bent the stems down because the plants are so short. advice? I did top several times over the past 3-4 days. new growth is going well but lower nodes are shadowed by the enormous fan leaves.
IMG_327512.JPG
IMG_327814.JPG
IMG_328022.JPG
IMG_327715.JPG
IMG_328118.JPG

so if the leaves on the newer growth is having to twist by itself around and up past the larger leaves that is ok?
it is really thick at the top.

thanks. I have a 14000 lumen CFL bulb in reflector at 200W and 6 5000K smaller CFL with lumens around 1500 each placed around the 2 plants. I have a 600w HPS in cool tube for flowering.
have you had any experience with the brand Odour X 6 inch charcoal filters. are they any good

Back
Top Bottom