Quix's Corner - Puddle-o-Green - NL & Bag Seed - Indoor Soil Experiment

Hey Quix, your grow looks awesome..... you may want to consider to do a re-grow on your best ladies, just leave a few leaves on the main stem at harvest time and just give them fresh water for a week or so, then add a weak solution of veg fertilizer and nutes the second week and they will start to veg out for ya.... it's really easy to do in hydro or in my case aero-hydro...

I have a friend that has done it in soil and she was very pleased on the outcome... she claims it was even better on her 2nd run.... I ambered out my regrow abit more when I did it on my last grow.... it turned out to have more of a couchlock effect.... I may do the same thing on my upcoming grow this Sept.... your grow looks great, can't wait to read the smoke report... later bro :roorrip::nicethread:

wow thats crazy, so you've never ph'ed nothin not even your nutes?? if so thats amazing, and to not have any problems and to look the way they do, thats just mind blowing to not have to do anything to it, i bet everybody would love to have that, i know i would.. :tokin:

Hey Quix, your grow looks awesome..... you may want to consider to do a re-grow on your best ladies, just leave a few leaves on the main stem at harvest time and just give them fresh water for a week or so, then add a weak solution of veg fertilizer and nutes the second week and they will start to veg out for ya.... it's really easy to do in hydro or in my case aero-hydro...

I have a friend that has done it in soil and she was very pleased on the outcome... she claims it was even better on her 2nd run.... I ambered out my regrow abit more when I did it on my last grow.... it turned out to have more of a couchlock effect.... I may do the same thing on my upcoming grow this Sept.... your grow looks great, can't wait to read the smoke report... later bro :roorrip::nicethread:

Yo Fader thank you for the kind words my friend! The thing I dont like about a re-veg, is the extra electricity it takes to bring 'em back, then the veg process, (Im not even sure you have to veg them for at this point), and then another flower period, when I could have veged and flowered from seed in close to the same amount of time, or clone for that matter.

Do you think the yield is the same on a re-veg?

I actually do gave a mother that is freaking stinky though, much different pheno than her sisters, and her sisters before her(all from the same seeds, frome same bud), and would love to keep producing her buds. She has been pollinated though, and really want to see what her offspring is going to be like. I would do all of the above, but just dont have the space for it.

Also, I just found out today, that an aquaintance is going to give me 2 SuperSilver Haze cuttings. He wants to give them to me now, but Im still 2 weeks from freeing up my space!

As you can see, Im a bit torn! But after weighing all my options, I think I have to skip the re-veg for now. It'll make a good project sometime down the line though.

Thanks for the info on it though! Lookin forward to your next adventure!

wow thats crazy, so you've never ph'ed nothin not even your nutes?? if so thats amazing, and to not have any problems and to look the way they do, thats just mind blowing to not have to do anything to it, i bet everybody would love to have that, i know i would.. :tokin:

Nope, never had to do it. I have said before though, that I owe my "luck" to this strain. NL is a VERY hardy strain, and can withstand many hardships. So I may find I'm not so lucky on another strain in the future.

Dude SuKa, did you ever let that male give you pollen??!

Just some random bud shots for your viewing pleasure....
P8090003.JPG

P8090004.JPG

P8090008.JPG

P8090007.JPG

Here are what seed clusters look like! Some of us spend so much time avoiding this "disaster", that we never know what this looks like! Even the seeds are crusted with trichs!
P8090005.JPG

P8090006.JPG

Some larger colas....
P8090016.JPG

P8090015.JPG

P8090012.JPG

P8090014.JPG

I love the way they look with the flash on....
P8090023.JPG

P8090022.JPG

P8090018.JPG

P8090019.JPG

Hope all are well!:Namaste:

So my thoughts, naturally, turn to the next endeavor as this run enters the final days.

I've done a fair share of experimentation this grow, and am wondering what to do next.
I have a small wish list of strains, and am trying to psyche myself into ordering my first ever seeds from The single seed centere, a sponsor here. My favs are as follows.

1.)Strawberry Diesel-Fem and Reg.--(I originally wanted Strawberry Cough, because of its euphoric and anti-anxiety effects-((I love those comfortable highs))-But the SD will grow more uniformly with my other favs)

2.)Jilly Bean-Reg--Also a great comfortable high, and great taste.

3.)Bubble Gum-Reg-Great high, great taste, and great yield.

4.)Dark Star-Reg-Supposed to have high potency and great yield

Does anyone have experience with any of these strains? I'd love to get some input on them.

I'll only be getting a few of each, maybe even only one of each; And to be honest with you, I would be fine with a male of any of them, as breeding has me so intrigued at the moment.
I Know I may be a bit over my head with the whole breeding thing, but I gotta try!
Good night all!:peacetwo:

nah man i didn't even save any of the males, soon as i seen that they were males i tossed'em, and started over, but now that i know more i might have to give some things a try.. im also thinkin about orderin some seeds from the same place, still thinkin what strains though, thinkin about some short autoflower strains but like i said im still lookin...

Just some random bud shots for your viewing pleasure....
P8090003.JPG

P8090004.JPG

P8090008.JPG

P8090007.JPG

Here are what seed clusters look like! Some of us spend so much time avoiding this "disaster", that we never know what this looks like! Even the seeds are crusted with trichs!
P8090005.JPG

P8090006.JPG

Some larger colas....
P8090016.JPG

P8090015.JPG

P8090012.JPG

P8090014.JPG

I love the way they look with the flash on....
P8090023.JPG

P8090022.JPG

P8090018.JPG

P8090019.JPG

Hope all are well!:Namaste:

You are doing an amazing job with your space, Quix. There are a whole lo of great looking buds in there. Nice pictures, too. :bravo:

I've never grown it, but Jilly Bean is one of my all time favorite strains to smoke/vape. It's really incredible weed, and I can't recommend it high enough. Can't wait to see what you grow next. :)

Hey Quix, diggin those photos, damn I miss the grow... still holdiing out til mid September tho.... regarding yeild outcome from a re-grow is that I got 19 pint jars from the re-grow, about 23 grams/pint jar and I think I got 11 pints from the original grow.... with that said, not sure if the regrow provided me more bud or not.... I had more main colas than the original grow.... the only reason I can see a re-grow over a regular grow is that in the regrow, the root system is already established, less time to veg and I truly believe the quality was just alittle better, however I had ambered out the trics to +40%, which gave the bud more knockdown power, but thats my opinion....

Once again, your plants look stellar, good luck w/the clones you got.... sounds like an awesome strain to have in your garden.... :goodluck:

You are doing an amazing job with your space, Quix. There are a whole lo of great looking buds in there. Nice pictures, too. :bravo:

I've never grown it, but Jilly Bean is one of my all time favorite strains to smoke/vape. It's really incredible weed, and I can't recommend it high enough. Can't wait to see what you grow next. :)

Hey X thanks a lot buddy! Good to see you up, well, getting around anyway! Hope you'r feeling much better bro.

I knew you'd chime in about Jilly Bean, you n I BOTH love that strain!:high-five: I think she's a no-brainer. Now to pick from the others...:hmmmm:

Hey Quix, diggin those photos, damn I miss the grow... still holdiing out til mid September tho.... regarding yeild outcome from a re-grow is that I got 19 pint jars from the re-grow, about 23 grams/pint jar and I think I got 11 pints from the original grow.... with that said, not sure if the regrow provided me more bud or not.... I had more main colas than the original grow.... the only reason I can see a re-grow over a regular grow is that in the regrow, the root system is already established, less time to veg and I truly believe the quality was just alittle better, however I had ambered out the trics to +40%, which gave the bud more knockdown power, but thats my opinion....

Once again, your plants look stellar, good luck w/the clones you got.... sounds like an awesome strain to have in your garden.... :goodluck:

Hey Fader, thanks a bunch for the kind words bro. lol, every time I hear from you, I end up REALLY wanting to do a re-grow! Just out of curiosity, do you think it would be better to transplant into larger pots for the re-grow? I'm in 3 gallon pots right now, and would think that the plants would want more room for root development before they were willing to give up another healthy grow, even with the shorter veg time...Just brain-storming...

Quix's, your plants look very nice great pics all around. Super Silver Haze is a very nice smoke. I think anything from Subcool would be worth growing. From what I have been hearing there are many of his beans floating around my area so I will probably have to get a few packs :)

Quix's, your plants look very nice great pics all around. Super Silver Haze is a very nice smoke. I think anything from Subcool would be worth growing. From what I have been hearing there are many of his beans floating around my area so I will probably have to get a few packs :)

Nice HMG! I'll look forward to seeing what you get! Thank you for the kind words too bud.
I sure like to smoke subcool strains, but from what I hear they can be a bit finnikey, hard to grow sometimes....We'll find out, Jilly Bean is basically my favorite strain ever, so I'll be getting a few fem, and a few reg. of her....

Smoke report on the 6 week chop...............................................................Huh? Oh yeah, um, the mature stuff's gunna be good!

YEAH!!! Bring on the maturity!! Quix yoy RAWK!!!

Why, thank oyu very much GT! I dont know about rock, but I try to at least roll!
Still much to learn, and dial in.....

So my thoughts, naturally, turn to the next endeavor as this run enters the final days.

I've done a fair share of experimentation this grow, and am wondering what to do next.
I have a small wish list of strains, and am trying to psyche myself into ordering my first ever seeds from The single seed centere, a sponsor here. My favs are as follows.

1.)Strawberry Diesel-Fem and Reg.--(I originally wanted Strawberry Cough, because of its euphoric and anti-anxiety effects-((I love those comfortable highs))-But the SD will grow more uniformly with my other favs)

2.)Jilly Bean-Reg--Also a great comfortable high, and great taste.

3.)Bubble Gum-Reg-Great high, great taste, and great yield.

4.)Dark Star-Reg-Supposed to have high potency and great yield

Does anyone have experience with any of these strains? I'd love to get some input on them.

I'll only be getting a few of each, maybe even only one of each; And to be honest with you, I would be fine with a male of any of them, as breeding has me so intrigued at the moment.
I Know I may be a bit over my head with the whole breeding thing, but I gotta try!
Good night all!:peacetwo:

I'd be real interested to see that Strawberry Diesel documented in a grow journal. Have heard mixed things about it.

In regards to Strawberry Cough, it is one of my fav's too and would love to grow it..the problem is the best pheno is clone only (Kyle Kushman's), and it is almost impossible to find unless you have a serious hook. I've heard the DP Seeds are pretty useless if you've had KKSC. Just no comparison. :straightface:

Your pics look great, I agree with your flash comment..really makes the crystals come alive.

:peace:

Hey Marley! And :welcome: to the end of my grow!

Thanks for the kind words bro. I've seen you around here since I started on :420: Glad to meet ya!

I really wanted to go with the SC, it sounds like my kind of strain. Im glad I didn't, if thats true about the only good ones being clone only.
I went with the SD because I was able to order both fem and reg, and because its profile fits my space. Plus I love Diesel, well, Sour diesel anyway...Who is DP and what is KKSC? And what have you heard about the SD?

Back
Top Bottom