Quix's Corner - Puddle-o-Green - NL & Bag Seed - Indoor Soil Experiment

Hey Quix! Like your thinking on the hermies. Great attitude goes a long way when your growing your own meds. The weather here in Nor Cal has been awesome this past week. Likely to continue. Perfect timing, enjoy and I look forward to seeing your updates upon return.

:peacetwo:

OOOOHH MAAAAN! I have SOOOO much catching up to do!! Been loving my week out here in nor cal, I'll be back in a few more days to get caught up, and give an update on the girls. From what I can tell, they're coming right along and doing well.

Hope all is well with all of you, see you soon!

UGH.....Thats all I have to say. Too many threads, too many journals, and not enough time!
Sorry if I'm behind on most of your journals guys n gals, I'll slowly be making my rounds, so if you see me, just give me the rundown if I've missed anything cool! I probably wont ever get caught up on the last week.5.....

I'll be doing some pics this weekend, the girls (and hermies lol) are all still very healthy, but there are definitely seeds. Bummer.
I'm starting to think that the energy used to produce seeds, is being taken away from flower production. Its week 6, and I'm not too impressed with the size of the buds.
You'll see.
Any way hope all is well, see you all soon!

UGH.....Thats all I have to say. Too many threads, too many journals, and not enough time!
Sorry if I'm behind on most of your journals guys n gals, I'll slowly be making my rounds, so if you see me, just give me the rundown if I've missed anything cool! I probably wont ever get caught up on the last week.5.....

I'll be doing some pics this weekend, the girls (and hermies lol) are all still very healthy, but there are definitely seeds. Bummer.
I'm starting to think that the energy used to produce seeds, is being taken away from flower production. Its week 6, and I'm not too impressed with the size of the buds.
You'll see.
Any way hope all is well, see you all soon!

Glad to here everything is going well bro. So some cool info as far my plants are going. All the clones have rooted. Also since beginning 12/12 all my plants are female which is awesome and Diesel is showing buds already!!

Cant wait to make this new cloner though, it'll be a ton better then what i've been doing lol. Take it easy bro. I'll make a note to myself to stop by your journal more often :)

Glad to here everything is going well bro. So some cool info as far my plants are going. All the clones have rooted. Also since beginning 12/12 all my plants are female which is awesome and Diesel is showing buds already!!

Cant wait to make this new cloner though, it'll be a ton better then what i've been doing lol. Take it easy bro. I'll make a note to myself to stop by your journal more often :)

Hey congrats on your babies buddy, thats good news!
Re: The Cloner...
Did you get all the parts? I'd be glad to help you put that sucker together...Just lemmie know!:Namaste:

Well, I suppose I had better do this update before I vape!:lot-o-toke:

The girls are putting on some weight now, and still looking pretty healthy. I'm starting to see the first signs of them eating themselves (just a slight paling of the lower leaves).
Its the middle of week 7 of flower (I'll have to double check the dates). The trichs are still clear with a few turning cloudy. I got curious during the middle of last week, and choped a couple low producing branches, right at the end of week 6 since 12/12. The buds, after drying, were very small. However!! I vaped a tester, and whoa!! A slightly trippy, soaring but not racy, potent and long-lasting high is what I got! I'll continue to take testers every few days, until its just right, or they appear to have finished.

This is all very encouraging, as I was concerned that the production of seeds may hinder slightly, their ability to produce both potent, and heavy buds. I'm still thinking that seed production DOES decrease yield, but, whattaya do?!:scratchinghead:

I also decided to get a little crazy( This IS afterall an EXPERIMENT!)
I took the smaller clone (*The one that stayed in a 4" little starter cup) And completely defoliated her; I mean stripped the shit out of her. I actually decided to do this, because she was showing what looked like slightly amber trichs. I'm assuming she just started to finish sooner because she was root bound?? Of course I could have been just seeing things, and she was nowhere near ready:rofl: Crazier things have happened.
Anyway, does anyone have any knowledge regarding the complete defoliation of a plant, and allowing it to continue living with absolutely NO leaves? Seriously, this bitch is ready for the jar after drying, I trimmed her that close!

The following post will be all pics, a bunch.
Much love and respect to you all, hope to see you all soon!
-Q

P8060022.JPG
P8060021.JPG
P8060019.JPG
P8060018.JPG
P8060017.JPG
P8060016.JPG
P8060015.JPG
P8060014.JPG
P8060013.JPG
P8060012.JPG
P8060034.JPG

P8060034.JPG
P8060033.JPG
P8060032.JPG
P8060029.JPG
P8060028.JPG
P8060027.JPG
P8060023.JPG
P8060044.JPG
P8060023.JPG
P8060043.JPG
P8060042.JPG
P8060041.JPG
P8060040.JPG
P8060039.JPG
P8060038.JPG
P8060037.JPG
P8060036.JPG
P8060035.JPG
P8060033.JPG

Quix, your plants look great, Bro - Nice & frosty!!! :bravo:

Are you using all CFL's or are they supplementing an HPS or something?

Whatever you're doing, it's working! :thumb:

Quix, your plants look great, Bro - Nice & frosty!!! :bravo:

Are you using all CFL's or are they supplementing an HPS or something?

Whatever you're doing, it's working! :thumb:

Hey K. thanks a lot my friend!

The moms are only under a 150w HPS, with three 27w 2700k spirals. I'd add more cfl to the moms, but the heat is pretty intense with what I'm already running. The clones on the other hand, are stricktly cfl. I have one 125w 64K with hood reflector, 2 65K spirals, and 2 27K spirals.
I was really hoping for better density this grow, which is why I tried the small HPS. Anything higher in wattage, as far as HPS goes, would simply be too hot for my space...No way to vent etc.

I may try that 90w UFO to suppliment the HPS, with cfl too of course, on my next run. That is if the guy will sell it to me for cheap again. But it is more likely that I'll work more on my environment, in order to use more light and properly vent the heat. A 2x2(slightly less actually) is realy hard to grow anything of any signifigance in! But I'm trying!

Hey K. thanks a lot my friend!

The moms are only under a 150w HPS, with three 27w 2700k spirals. I'd add more cfl to the moms, but the heat is pretty intense with what I'm already running. The clones on the other hand, are stricktly cfl. I have one 125w 64K with hood reflector, 2 65K spirals, and 2 27K spirals.
I was really hoping for better density this grow, which is why I tried the small HPS. Anything higher in wattage, as far as HPS goes, would simply be too hot for my space...No way to vent etc.

I may try that 90w UFO to suppliment the HPS, with cfl too of course, on my next run. That is if the guy will sell it to me for cheap again. But it is more likely that I'll work more on my environment, in order to use more light and properly vent the heat. A 2x2(slightly less actually) is realy hard to grow anything of any signifigance in! But I'm trying!

Hey Quix Buddy. :)

I know your dissatisfied with your space, but your doing a really good job all things considered. The girls look like they are dripping with goodness. :)

If you use the UFO next time....it will help your heat issues.....it creates very little heat in comparison to the other lights.

I know your space is frustrating you, however you have kept after it, piece at a time and you are going to get some buds now, where before you were going to get nothing. I really like your determination and your persistence. You da man Buddy.:bravo:

OMM is correct (of course!)! My cab is 4'x2' but divided into two chambers (one for flower, the other for veg), each just under 2'x2', so I'm growing in about the same size space as you. One of the primary reasons for my decision to use the LED was temps. Plus, lower temps requires less venting (and not as much of a fire hazard!). Those HPS lights put out a LOT of heat!

Hey Quix Buddy. :)

I know your dissatisfied with your space, but your doing a really good job all things considered. The girls look like they are dripping with goodness. :)

If you use the UFO next time....it will help your heat issues.....it creates very little heat in comparison to the other lights.

I know your space is frustrating you, however you have kept after it, piece at a time and you are going to get some buds now, where before you were going to get nothing. I really like your determination and your persistence. You da man Buddy.:bravo:

Hi OMM!:) Thanks to you my friend, you always know how to put things into perspective! I've just got "Grow creep" as it's called lol.

But thank you for the words of encouragement!:Namaste:

Hi Quix
Honestly I have been just bouncing thru your journal but I got the picture......You are really making the best of your space and it is obvious that you are doing your homework.
Clones look great but I love that pic from a while ago .....with the cola as big as your arm ...:high-five: Holy Smoke (no pun intended) I'll go back and read the whole journal and I'll take the journey with you brother :bravo:

OMM is correct (of course!)! My cab is 4'x2' but divided into two chambers (one for flower, the other for veg), each just under 2'x2', so I'm growing in about the same size space as you. One of the primary reasons for my decision to use the LED was temps. Plus, lower temps requires less venting (and not as much of a fire hazard!). Those HPS lights put out a LOT of heat!

You said it K! HPS sure is hot! And CFLs will add a good deal more too. I di buy that UFO a while back, for the same reasons you use them. But I wasn't impressed with the one I bought; Just didn't have a very good footprint, and I didnt trust that the light was what they claimed to be. That's not to say that I couldn't find a better one, I'm just not in a position to spent the kind of cash I would need to get what I want. I'm hoping to try a nice 390w led or similar in the future, but for now, I gotta make due with this setup.
And yes, of course OMM is right!:Namaste:

Hi Quix
Honestly I have been just bouncing thru your journal but I got the picture......You are really making the best of your space and it is obvious that you are doing your homework.
Clones look great but I love that pic from a while ago .....with the cola as big as your arm ...:high-five: Holy Smoke (no pun intended) I'll go back and read the whole journal and I'll take the journey with you brother :bravo:

Well hello Clayhead! And :welcome:

Thank you for the kind words too! I've done about as much as I can with what I have, and I appreciate that people recognize it. To be honest, I'm pushing this little space about as hard as I can.

Also, thank you for reading through, although its not necessary. But you're more than welcome to take the journey with me! Harvest on this one should be in the next two weeks, so pull up a chair, and anything you have to add would be welcomed!

See you around!

-Q

Really great plants and pics too Quix.Way to grow bro:bravo::adore:

Thanks a bunch spike! I chopped my smallest clone yesterday, just to see if 7 weeks would make for good smoke, plus she was as good as she was going to get. Was considering a re-veg like you're doing!

what do you usaully ph your water at??

Hey Suka! Dude, don't hate me for this, but I have never had to PH my water. I hear so much about PHing, and using RO water, but my tap water (acording to my local water reports) is pretty neutral, at least as far as I can remember. In fact, I have never even tested it for myself. I have only ever used test strips to test soil run off, and I wasn't too impressed with the accuracy of the strips.
I would like to get a nice Hannah meter, but alas, that will have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom