Quix's Corner - Puddle-o-Green - NL & Bag Seed - Indoor Soil Experiment

Wow bro those are looking great!!! So you say there are no buds towards the bottom? Do you not want any buds to be at the bottom?

Hey Quix, just got through reading your journal and must say very nice. I'm subbed for the remainder.

Hety there HMG! :welcome: To my little corner, and :welcome: to :420:

Thank you for the kind words bud, you're more than welcome to hang out, and feel free to post anytime!:Namaste:

Spike, 52, OMM, and Optimus, bros, I wanted to welcome the new guy, but I'll have to get to your posts tomorrow, I'm just freakin wiped out today! So sorry brothers, much love though see you all tomorrow....

Hety there HMG! :welcome: To my little corner, and :welcome: to :420:

Thank you for the kind words bud, you're more than welcome to hang out, and feel free to post anytime!:Namaste:

Spike, 52, OMM, and Optimus, bros, I wanted to welcome the new guy, but I'll have to get to your posts tomorrow, I'm just freakin wiped out today! So sorry brothers, much love though see you all tomorrow....

Hey thanks Quix, really nice way to make a new guy feel welcome. :Namaste:

Man you are kicking butt and taking strains. WTG Grow Bro
:bravo::420::peace:

Lol I like that, "taking strains"! I wish I were doing more strains! Then of course, I wish I had more room too! We shall see what Fall holds for the strain diversity....

Wow bro those are looking great!!! So you say there are no buds towards the bottom? Do you not want any buds to be at the bottom?

Hey TN, or um, OP! Yeah it was kind of strange to me at first too, but thats correct, there is more of a canopy of buds than there are the usual "colas" with lower popcorn buds...There are SOME lower flowers developing, but not much. This is due to the LST I performed on both the mothers, I believe, and partly due to the size of my space (2x2)...Being that the mothers are so cramped, the lower levels of the plants aren't getting much light at all, and all the flowers are developing on top, if that makes sense....And to be honest, I dont know if this will affect yeild or not, but as long as it doesnt, I'm perfectly ok with it!:Namaste:

Hey Quix!
Just read the last couple pages and I'm glad to see you're still at it. Girls are lookin great. I'm trying to redesign my set up so I can get back to growin at home, I don't like having to share my yeild:) But at the same time I'm thankful that I knew another growerwho could finish my plants for me. Keep up the good green work!

:peace:

Hey 52! Real good to see you out n about brother, thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to seeing your new setup. And I hear you about having to share the yeild, got a couple at a buddy's house too, but he'll get to keep the whole thing, as I just gave them to him, along with the seeds he's currently growing out. He also hasn't had to pay for meds in a year, thanks to me lol. I dont mind, he's been my best friend since we were teenagers, but a lil kick-back would be nice! Ha ha.....See you around bud, oh and good luck on the contest, you got my vote for nug of the month...love me some lemons!!

By Golly Quix, You worked and worked and you found a way to do it. :)
Can't tell you how happy I am for you!:circle-of-love:

Hi my friend!:) Ha ha, yeah I guess you could say that, but it's more like I got lucky, in combination with the fact that there wasn't really much wrong with the setup, just that I didn't think to clean the 3 year old filter on the AC!!
Thanks for being so happy for me! :circle-of-love:

Week 4 flower Update....

I really should take new pics, as the buds are getting bigger by the day, but 2 day old pics will give you an idea....
This also may be the last picture update for about two weeks, as I'm driving to NorCal at the end of this week for a much needed vacation. We'll be taking the kids to see the beach in Monteray, which is an additional 4 hr drive from where we'll be staying, but I want them to see the ocean, and be able to play in the sand and all that jazz. Have my mother and two brothers to see and spend time with, a pool to sit next to for most of the week, and just some much needed rest.
Without further adue....
HPS on....
P7140004.JPG
:420:
HPS off....
P7140005.JPG

P7140008.JPG

P7140007.JPG

Future nug of the month lol...
P7140010.JPG

Random nug...
P7140011.JPG

And the clones...
P7140012.JPG

P7140001.JPG

P7140002.JPG

P7110020.JPG

Thanks for viewing, hope you enjoy, sorry for out of date pics, but the next batch of pics should be quite impressive!:):Namaste:

Quix!! Sorry I've been having a hard time getting on here lately, but I've been peaking in and was just looking at your last pics -- nice!!! What a great update, and terrific progress is being made now - no doubt about it. :yahoo:

Nice job buddy - and nice even canopy. Awesome to see things clickin' along. :thumb:

Quix!! Sorry I've been having a hard time getting on here lately, but I've been peaking in and was just looking at your last pics -- nice!!! What a great update, and terrific progress is being made now - no doubt about it. :yahoo:

Nice job buddy - and nice even canopy. Awesome to see things clickin' along. :thumb:
Man you know I know how it is brother, no worries about your frequency here! I always know you'll be around, we ALL get busy with life my friend.
Thanks so much for the compliments, I'm very pleased with their health thus far, I atribute it to the FFOF soil, and less defoliation this run. I think I've taken maybe 2 hands ful of leaves, and a few branches that were to underproduce, over the course of their 13 weeks of life. Last run I had a small kitchen trash bag full by this time. That was before I knew there was an art to defoliation, although, I dont quite know how I feel about that still. Anyway, I think my pruning last run stressed them a bit. These girls seem to love whatever it is I'm doing so I think I'll just try to keep it simple from now on. Low end of the feeding recomendations and such...I really want a smooth and pleasant tasting smoke too so I'm not going to push them too hard.:roorrip:

Oh, and any thoughts on the snowstorm yet?

And, have a GREAT vacation. You'll be missed, but sounds like a blast!

Well, no lol. Ive only been able to feed once with it, as the plants haven't dried out enough to water, and I'm using it in the soil, not as a foliar spray. I'm still very aprehensive about foliar anything, especially in flower. I dont like the idea of smoking particulates from doing so, and mold can always be an issue(We've had a month long evening rain and humitity spike so I'm leary)..Not to mention having to rinse the damn plants every so often to prevent build ups....
Lol sorry to ramble:lot-o-toke: Long story even longer, Ive only fed it once, at half strength, and I cant honestly say it's done anything yet, which is to be expected. I also wont really have a chance to feed it but once more before I head out to cali. I'm having a friend water them while I'm gone, and I dont want him to feed, just water. Feeding is my job and I really dont trust anyone else with that task ya know?

Thanks for the kind words brother its nice that people that you've never met could miss you. I'll actually be checking in from time to time still, We're taking our laptops for the kidos to watch movies on, and theres internet where Im going so I still see ya, just wont be doing any photo updates....

Thanks for stoippin in always great to talk to ya:Namaste:

Quix my gosh just x-l-ent plants,Great job

Love to see masters in their craft,doing so well.:bravo:
:420::peace:

Hey Spike thanks alot my friend!! But master!?:thedoubletake::rofl: Man you really are too kind bro, I'm far from a master of anything, but I aspire to be as such one day. Really man thank you for the kind words!

Week 4 flower Update....
Thanks for viewing, hope you enjoy, sorry for out of date pics, but the next batch of pics should be quite impressive!:):Namaste:

What? these pics aren't ? :rofl: Nice job Bro!

What? these pics aren't ? :rofl: Nice job Bro!

Lol, you're too kind my friend, really, thats why you got my vote for MOTM.
(I really wanted to vote for GT too, as he's been such a positive and inspiring member here)

The pics are maybe just shy of impressive brother, but thanks again. I just cant wait to see the before and afters when I get back from your neck of the woods. (Visiting mom and brothers in Rocklin/Roseville/SacTown...Should be a blast)

Anyway, I'm starting to get that uneasy "First grow Jitters", even though it's my second. Not sure what my numbers will be like, as I've never cloned before, and the LST I performed on the moms has me thinking I should have just tried a sCrog, instead of a 2x2 "Sea of trees":rofl:
Some of the stems that I thought would have thickened up, as they are supposed to be mimmicking "main-stem" growth, are actually rather thin. Its got me wondering if their yield will be minimal compared to the thicker branckes...
Next, the 4 clones are pushing their head heigth, and I'm not sure how I feel about supercropping 5 weeks into flower.
Stretch has slowed, but not stopped all together so....We'll see.

Anyway thanks for stoppin in, I'll see all of you a few more times over the next few days, and if I can find time I'll get one more pic update before vacation!:Namaste::peacetwo:

GREAT JOB! :thumb:

Considering the space and gear you had to work with, your results are truly impressive! Again... GREAT JOB!

I will definitely be following your next endeavor with much interest!

Cheers. :)

Back
Top Bottom