Quix's Corner - Puddle-o-Green - NL & Bag Seed - Indoor Soil Experiment

awesome photos of your grow.... looking super healthy.... I did not see a fan, is it located above the main CFL, or do you have it out of the way to take photos? Stellar grow buddy...

Thanks brother Fader! Stellar...? Not sure about that, but thanks nonetheless:high-five: The fans (2x ~100cfm cpu fans) are actually mounted to a piece of plywood, that sits over the main light, (which is actually a 150w HPS now). They are both exhausting the hot air freely into the upper levels of the closet, drawing the air past the lights to cool them. There is also a smaller (maybe 50 cfm?) cpu fan that sits on the ground and blows air through the bottom of the plants, just to keep air moving at the lower levels as the canopy pretty much separates the air flow at the top from the bottom.
Also, just 2 days ago, I added a "tower" type fan to the outside of the closet, oscilating back and forth between the moms and the clones.
My 125w 64K CFL is now over the clones, along with 4 mixed spirals, in a makeshift tent of mylar and wire-rack shelving. And yes, I'm getting better density so far with the 64K CFL than with the hps. (This may be because they're clones)
Anyway sorry to ramble, thanks for stopping in bud!

GREAT JOB! :thumb:

Considering the space and gear you had to work with, your results are truly impressive! Again... GREAT JOB!

I will definitely be following your next endeavor with much interest!

Cheers. :)

Hey there GG! :welcome: Thanks a lot for the kind words my friend! I can only hope my girls look as good as that Blue Cheese you have!! How does it feel to be so new here and you're already winning the crap out of your POTM contest!? Great job on that!!
Hope to see you around a bunch bud, you're welcome here anytime, feel free to post here as well!

Quix, your plants look great. :bravo: Enjoy your vacation.

Hey there HMG thanks a bunch bud! And thanks for the well wishes for my upcoming vaca!

Oh hey I've been meaning to ask you, or tell you...
Everytime I try to go to your journal, via the link in your sig, it litterally kicks me off my internet, at least on the new page it brings up while redirecting to your journal...Have you had anyone else tell you they had a problem going to your journal through your signature?...

ATTN: Everyone else here...Please try to go to HMG's journal via signature, and tell me what it does please?....

Hey there GG! :welcome: Thanks a lot for the kind words my friend! I can only hope my girls look as good as that Blue Cheese you have!! How does it feel to be so new here and you're already winning the crap out of your POTM contest!? Great job on that!!
Hope to see you around a bunch bud, you're welcome here anytime, feel free to post here as well!

No problem Quix and thanks for the warm welcome!! Just keep doing what you're doing and I am sure you are going to have some impressive results!

As for the POTM contest... What can I say? I'm totally stoked! :thanks:

Its a great feeling to see that other folks out there appreciate your efforts and like the same Cannabis characteristics that you do! My only regret is that I didn't have a better camera to take those shots. One that had more sharpness and detail.

That plant was truly gorgeous in person! The camera just couldn't do it justice, but it was able to capture the color! That "teal" blue made that plant look otherworldly! That along with the urging of several of my friends here who had seen the photos was the reason I decided to enter it!

I'm pleased to report that the bottom third of that plant is alive and well and revegging nicely on my back deck as we speak! I just didn't have the heart to pull the plug on her after the harvest! ;)

I can only imagine how much of a heel I would feel like right now if I had chopped her to the roots and then she ends up winning the 420 POTM Contest! :phew:

There is still a long way to go before the contest is over, but win or lose, I'm just stoked that so many people have already voted for it when there are so many other nice plants entered this month too!

I'm subscribed to your thread here, so I will be keeping tabs on how things are going with that grow of yours! ;)

Cheers. :)

Really cool to hear about a re-veg, not too common it seems! I'll have to get over and check you out soon. Thank you again for all the kind words, and good luck on the contest (not that you'll need it!)
And glad to have you on board here, thanks for that too!
I'll see you around new friend!:high-five:

Hey Quix. :cheer:

Not only is your grow growing nicely, so is your journal.....your attracting allot of folks too. Count me in as one of your fans. :high-five:

Where your headed to in cali is some of my old stomping grounds too. Lost my oars on Folsom Lake once. I was a crispy critter. :) Have a good time! :bravo:

Hey there HMG thanks a bunch bud! And thanks for the well wishes for my upcoming vaca!

Oh hey I've been meaning to ask you, or tell you...
Everytime I try to go to your journal, via the link in your sig, it litterally kicks me off my internet, at least on the new page it brings up while redirecting to your journal...Have you had anyone else tell you they had a problem going to your journal through your signature?...

ATTN: Everyone else here...Please try to go to HMG's journal via signature, and tell me what it does please?....

Thanks Quix, I was not aware that it was jacked up. I think it works now:). It would be great if you have time to check out my journal. I just transplanted them to soil a few days ago and looking for some input.:roorrip:

Hey Quix. :cheer:

Not only is your grow growing nicely, so is your journal.....your attracting allot of folks too. Count me in as one of your fans. :high-five:

Where your headed to in cali is some of my old stomping grounds too. Lost my oars on Folsom Lake once. I was a crispy critter. :) Have a good time! :bravo:

AAAAAH that is so damn cool OMM! I used to go to Folsom lake when I was young too! And later, when I was in Jr. High, we used to do laps out near the lake, with a view of the prison for P.E.! How coo that we've been to the same place for recreation! I went to a school called Cavitt jr high, and for elementry school, I went to Eureka. Not sure if those were around yet when you were there, but great memories of my childhood.
Bummer about your oars!:rofl: I plan to get crispy while Im there though!

Thanks for the kind words about my journal, I've tried to emulate yours, and a few others' who've showed me what a great journal should look like!
I'll be checking in while I'm there, just no updates....But stay tuned for a shocking update here before I leave....

nice grow just got thru reading the whole thing. seems like the Bud gods love you. best freebies i seen anyone get on any journal i read....... sub'd

Man thanks a lot FM!! Thanks for reading all the way through, I know it can be a pain to go all the way through ajournal! :welcome: to :420: And :welcome: to my journal!
I gotta tell you, nothing beats free meds!...Stay tuned, as it seems there are about to be more free meds in my future. Update to come shortly...Hope to see you around bud, nice to meet you.

Well folks, the unimmaginable has happened.......
I was admiring my girls tonight, and started to notice how the nugs on my test dummies for SnowStormUltra had really large calyxes.....I thought "AWESOME" "THIS STUFF IS KILLER"......Take a look....
P7200008.JPG

P7200011.JPG

P7200012.JPG

Can you guess whats going on here!??
First, a few pics of the BEAUTIFUL plants....
The clones...
P7200007.JPG

The moms...
P7200016.JPG

P7200018.JPG

P7200017.JPG

P7200019.JPG

P7200020.JPG

Now the news....
The clones were taken from Mom #1....
Mom #2 is actually the "Aunt", as she's not had clones taken from her. #2 is also the stinkier, and more pretty of the two, IMO.
Well, while studying the swolen calyxes of the clones (#1 a., b., c., and d.,) I noticed this...
P7200023.JPG

P7200022.JPG

Along with the yellow dust on a leaf below it....
Thats right, #1, and her 2 of her clones, have hermied.

3 days ago I added a tower fan in front of the closet, which blows pretty hard, and has surely spread the pollen to ALL of the plants, and the swollen calyxes you see in the pictures above, are indeed seed pods.

I thought what the hell....
P7200026.JPG

I'll practice breeding on a future run!!:rofl:
I know this pollen will carry the hermie trait, but that trait can be bred out through a series of generations.

My question is, will the pollen from this plant, with the flowers from the other mother, create seeds that are AS likely to hermie, as the seeds created from the original mother and clones be...?
This should make for some interesting conversation...
Let the talks begin!

Oh, and I'm not stressed about this, It's still going to be free meds!!!
Thats my pre-vacation update, see you all soon!!

look at this geolagist or is a pollunonogist?

Lol. :welcome: Spot....
I'm not much of an anything....ologist....
Just trying my best to grow my meds so I dont get pillaged by the dispensaries!

AAAAAH that is so damn cool OMM! I used to go to Folsom lake when I was young too! And later, when I was in Jr. High, we used to do laps out near the lake, with a view of the prison for P.E.! How coo that we've been to the same place for recreation! I went to a school called Cavitt jr high, and for elementry school, I went to Eureka. Not sure if those were around yet when you were there, but great memories of my childhood.
Bummer about your oars!:rofl: I plan to get crispy while Im there though!

Thanks for the kind words about my journal, I've tried to emulate yours, and a few others' who've showed me what a great journal should look like!
I'll be checking in while I'm there, just no updates....But stay tuned for a shocking update here before I leave....

Hi Quix. :)
That is cool, Buddy. Don't get too crispy.....head or body.:yahoo:
I read ahead and Bud that is a shocking update! So sorry!:thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

I can tell, your looking forward to your vacation, the news didn't dampen your mood. Will leave your questions to the seed experts who know more than I do about seeds and hermies. I just gave you some +reps before I read this...which you deserve no matter what. Forget all this and enjoy your vacation! :party:

Hi Quix. :)
That is cool, Buddy. Don't get too crispy.....head or body.:yahoo:
I read ahead and Bud that is a shocking update! So sorry!:thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

I can tell, your looking forward to your vacation, the news didn't dampen your mood. Will leave your questions to the seed experts who know more than I do about seeds and hermies. I just gave you some +reps before I read this...which you deserve no matter what. Forget all this and enjoy your vacation! :party:

Wow OMM thank you! To get +reps from you is an honor!
Im just trying to see the bright side to this situation, I mean, it's not like the pot is ruined, it'll just have seeds! And to me seeds are free meds. Thanks for the well wishes, I'll be checking in periodically!

Very nice! I've got some Blueberry Kush in the flower room right now that are nearly exactly at the same stage of flower production!

Looks like you are going to have LOTS of bud trimming to do in a couple more weeks based on the yield potential I see in those latest photos!

Didn't catch where you were going for your vacation, but if it is out to California, you couldn't have picked a better time! Temps are down about 10-15 degrees below normal for this time of year, with wall to wall sunshine and no rain in sight!

Hands down one of the nicest summers we have seen up here in the Mountains in MANY years!

Have a great trip! :thumb:

Very nice! I've got some Blueberry Kush in the flower room right now that are nearly exactly at the same stage of flower production!

Looks like you are going to have LOTS of bud trimming to do in a couple more weeks based on the yield potential I see in those latest photos!

Didn't catch where you were going for your vacation, but if it is out to California, you couldn't have picked a better time! Temps are down about 10-15 degrees below normal for this time of year, with wall to wall sunshine and no rain in sight!

Hands down one of the nicest summers we have seen up here in the Mountains in MANY years!

Have a great trip! :thumb:

OOoooohhhH MAN, Blueberry Kush sounds like a mean ass strain! Cant wait to see that!
Not so sure about the yeild this run, but these are always a bitch to trim! I may do a lot of pre-chop trimming on the plant a few days before harvest.

I AM headed to Cali my friend, cant wait to feel that sun from 5280 feet farther away!
Thanks for the well wishes.

OOoooohhhH MAN, Blueberry Kush sounds like a mean ass strain! Cant wait to see that!
Not so sure about the yeild this run, but these are always a bitch to trim! I may do a lot of pre-chop trimming on the plant a few days before harvest.

I AM headed to Cali my friend, cant wait to feel that sun from 5280 feet farther away!
Thanks for the well wishes.

Cool! You picked a great time to come out here! The weather continues to be awesome!

RE: The BBK grow... I just posted some new photos on my grow journal linked in my sig. It will be 4 weeks of 12/12 tomorrow. Still waiting for my new multi-timer so I can start them on a 14/12 for the last four weeks.

Hey Quix - Great attitude on the hermie issue. Making lemonade out of lemons - nice! :high-five:

Your plants look great and you should have some killer meds soon. :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom