Recommend me a LED

with pennywise on this one. most cost effective approach is building one yourself. kits are available from various suppliers, and we have a great sponsor in timber grow.

I currently grow with LEDS and pennywise is right. I'm currently using Luminus cobs and so far they've been great. I've had a lot of success with cheap-er LEDS but there is one thing that I hate about them and that is the cooling fans. They are louder than my extractor fan!

PF beat me to it lol

most cobs are passively cooled. no fans, no noise, less than a third of the heat, under half the cost to run.

Quantum boards are passively cooled as well.
Do a search or find someone running them in a journal.
Pennywise and Chris Scorpio both run quantum boards. Lots here run cobs.
You'll be able to see them in action.:peace:

the big names in cob are Cree, Vero, Luminus, Samsung, Citizen. they kind of go in that order as far as cost and perceived quality is concerned. i use citizens as i built mine from scratch and cost was a big factor. they seem to work as well as the others, and the cri and binning was excellent, so i went with it.

the kits are great and i do recommend timber grow. they take all the guess work out of it.

i did build one from a kit once, but it shipped from the states and arrived with border agency and rcmp stamps and notices all over it, so going that route again was a complete non-starter

Well I'm not really in it to build the light ect i think I'd sooner buy one if the quality of buds ect is the same time wise cost effective heat effective it's jst like you say finding the right one as if you was building is build what u want... I really just want a led that's as good as a 1000watt HP's that's guna grow as good but save money ect noise

timber has pre-built lights as well. look them up. they will recommend a kit based on the size of the area you grow under. i know they do cobs pre-built, i dunno about the qb's. i'm gonna slowly sell off what i have and work my way into a qb set up next, but that'll be a couple grows away at least.

If Timber can't get it to you. I know either growers lights or hlg can. There is someone building qbs in the UK. I saw one for sale on eBay.

Edit.....Invisible sun is what I saw. I don't know if they build them or just do kits.

I think hlg has the 550v2 on their site. They say it replaces 1000watt. I suggest looking at the light specs on there to give you an idea. Or someone will be along to answer better.

timber will ship international. at least they used to. you can discuss their stealth shipping options with them. i'm always surprised how tough it seems to be for growers in the uk to get gear.

do as VG says. look up the specs on what is available then work to a supplier closer to home.

Back
Top Bottom