Reg seeds: drop how many for 4 fem?

Not sure where or when I found that article, but I printed it off and have kept it with my grow gear for years lol

Worst of it is, as much as I know what can happen in those 2 critical weeks, I still F-up now and again lol like this grow where I flooded my girls, near drowned them, right after transplanting into the big pots right at the WRONG time and set all 18 girls back, severely stunted a couple and had 2 true hermaphrodites develop :hmmmm: oops.

Then, because I have never had issues with fem seed before, left them go in flower without checking them over for the first 4 weeks, now I have some seeded bud lol Oh well, sh!t happens and it will still make good hash and oil :rofl:

One thing politoed didn't mention was who made those seeds. Male/female rations may be able to be changed before the seed is even finished being made. Plant health and nutrients may play a factor.

Same thing with the amount of weak or die off of starts. That could have more to do with how they were fed when growing. Not how the seeds were started.

One thing politoed didn't mention was who made those seeds. Male/female rations may be able to be changed before the seed is even finished being made. Plant health and nutrients may play a factor.

Seen some breeders throw out numbers in their write ups and different Strains of theirs (from same breeder) will have different % numbers 60% female 75% female etc.... or they just posting their rates and still sorta "random", as they pop so many looking for pheno's if a Breeder that doing it the right way. Genetics so complex could be involved also along with environment affects (health and nutrients of plant seeds came from like you said)

you could keep them in a cup of water and just remove them from your room and put them in a cabinet. annoying yes, but youll know in 2 weeks. also dont be surprised if you plant 10 seeds and get like 7-8 females too. it can happen. thats why i used fem seeds this go. i just cant be bothered to sex anymore (ayoooo)
Good point...I could physically move the cuttings on the 12/12 into a dark closet. OK especially if not traveling.

I may try politoed's idea next run. In a way. I always bend my plants early on to promote bushing. To do this I end up having to take a branch or 2 off to make things work right. I am going to start using those branches to try and identify males from females.

I am just going to try the glass thing. I am only going to need the clones to stay alive long enough to show sex. If it works great. If not I am still in the same boat as before. No worse for trying it.

I top once and LST. Would it make sense to use the top as the cutting? The plants will slow down for a bit, which would be good for this situation while waiting on preflowers. I veg 6 weeks on four plants due to room constraints. I would need to wedge in at least 8 plants in 1 gallon pots until I can tell females from males. I dont think I can do that. Will keep thinking this one through. Technically I should see new fem seeds show up someday...I won elsewhere...not sure I will ever receive them. I think I will order some Fem seeds this weekend as another option. Here is my bagseed collection...hybrids, indica and sativas. I am curious what some of those could become.
856F6D3D-FFF9-4FCC-8F93-D2055D2267C9.jpeg

I top once and LST. Would it make sense to use the top as the cutting? The plants will slow down for a bit, which would be good for this situation while waiting on preflowers. I veg 6 weeks on four plants due to room constraints. I would need to wedge in at least 8 plants in 1 gallon pots until I can tell females from males. I dont think I can do that. Will keep thinking this one through. Technically I should see new fem seeds show up someday...I won elsewhere...not sure I will ever receive them. I think I will order some Fem seeds this weekend as another option. Here is my bagseed collection...hybrids, indica and sativas. I am curious what some of those could become.

yes, definitely use the top as a cutting. they also make great clones. its the most vigorous part of the plant

Back
Top Bottom