Rookie Start At A Perpetual Garden

Day 54 and well,wel, well....... guess who's back, but not in a good way?! Dang things have been going down hill this past week and a half. Got some serious yellowing going on, nutrient issues and heat issues, it's all just a reminder of what a bit of time off can equate too.... back to rookie status. I m thinking this all stemmed from my feed, feed, feed, water/flush regimen that I was using.... burned her up I think, plus I ve gotta attribute the 1050w MH being around the 24" mark from the plant. Just too hot all around in this Rookies garden! So I ve adjusted the light (lifted it too 3 plus feet from the plant and dialed down the watts too 1000) temps are already better 26-28c. I m also going back to the feed water feed regimen I did before, no sence gettn fancy ehh boys, do what works!
My clones also are doing absolutely terrible, pulled 3 of the 5 white Widdow ones, shoulda pulled em all but here's hoping.... Ma boi hooked me up with some absolutely beautiful Fallen Angel clones, thanks again Big Dawg, so they are my saving grace! Sure hope this WW comes back and gets healthy again, gonna push off flower for a week of two so she can have a chance to come back nice and strong.
What do you guys think, am I on the right track for diagnosing these issues? Any help is always so appreciated!

Here s some pics of what's been going on or more like where I m at.... ohh yea I found some bag seeds yesterday and today that I immediately planted lol, 3 all together.

IMG_67056.JPG
IMG_670410.JPG
IMG_670311.JPG
IMG_670210.JPG
IMG_670111.JPG
IMG_670011.JPG
IMG_669913.JPG

Starting to get my shit back together I think.....Things are looking a lot better now, even got a couple bag seeds to pop. One up and the other just had a tap going so far and one of the WW clones even came back! Hahaha. The Fallen Angel clones got put into bags and look amazing, excited to play with them! We have posative growth now, all is lookn good now.

IMG_671213.JPG
IMG_671512.JPG
IMG_671415.JPG
IMG_671314.JPG
IMG_67169.JPG
IMG_671710.JPG

4 or 5 days later from my last post

New phone, new camera and I kinda like it plus I did some prep work for the big flip in a few days here.... give her some time to bounce back from today's clone sesh and lollipoping, but here are some pics! Took 12 White Widdow clones today in total.... 2 of the 5 last time took (and I say that very "cringingly") they ve got a long way to come still, so at that rate I may be safe with taking12!
IMG_673611.JPG
IMG_673410.JPG
IMG_673210.JPG
IMG_67319.JPG
IMG_67309.JPG
IMG_672910.JPG
IMG_67288.JPG
IMG_67277.JPG

Some pre defol shots
IMG_67267.JPG
IMG_67239.JPG

The gong show continues...... so I went to flip the switch on lights for flowering and proceeded to burn out my hps within the first 2 hrs of 12/12! Good times, hahahaha! Anyway that spurred me to invest in a new light system, ordered up another 1000w ballest with 2 hps bulbs, a closed duel ported for 6" light housing to help with temps, and 4 150w cfl s (equaling 2000w for the 4) in the veg room! Cost just under 500 cdn all together.... thought that was dang good! Those 150w cfl s were only 20 bucks a piece. I m also quitting reusing my medium (pro mix xp) because I ve found out it s a bad practice for a hydro type medium, great for soil applications though ( I was under the impression I was soil but that's not the case I guess with pro mix) Lots and lots of leaning going on these past few weeks, I hope I puts me back on the right path..... plus I ve got a new/better ph tested, a soil tester (measures moisture, ph and lumens) and 10 3 gal geo pots.... yea kinda went nuts on amazon after this little melt down!!
Planted tomatoes today, peppers are getting done tomorrow along with some melons and whatever else I can find, ''tis the season other then the fact I ve got 3 feet of snow in my yard and I m still ice fishing out in the shack on the lake, lol. All 12 Ww clones took so that's a perk, 14 ww in total, 2 Fallen Angel clones that look fantastic, 3 bag seeds (aka, Joshua Jones, named after the guy who gave them too me) and 1 girl that just got chucked into flower yesterday..... Full veg room all the sudden that s for sure!
With all these ph issues and advice given I ve decided to do a little experiment. I m gonna feed and water the two identical FA clones just not gonna ph the water of one and see where that gets me...... buddy that runs the same type of grow running the same shitty water said he quit ph ing and his plants look fantastic. I tested the tds of our water and it's around 450 and if I recall properly the ph was in that 8.6 range, wow ehh!

Here's the soil test kit I m gonna run next time I water the WW

IMG_68089.JPG
IMG_680910.JPG

The WW clones rooting

IMG_678910.JPG
IMG_679812.JPG

Fallen Angels

IMG_67999.JPG

Check out how the leaves are green and nice under the leaves exposed to the light, what does this say???

IMG_680511.JPG

And the WW recovering in flower

IMG_680311.JPG
IMG_680113.JPG

Fingers crossed, hope this White Widow comes back, I've never had structure like her s ... as long as she doesn't streatch out too much post flip and nutrient levels smarten up, could be a cool plant.

Got the new ph pen today, looks like I ve been phing wayyy to low.... probably in the low 4 s! I ve got a new found sense of confidence now that I can know for sure what's going on with my plants. Did that soil test today and the results were inconclusive... actually it was a joke.

Got a few lights in today, 4- 135w CFL s, set 3 of em up in my veg room so the grand total would be 3- 135w cfl s, 13- 13w cfl s, and 8 32 w fluorescent s ...... yea you can see my veg room from space!! Lol

IMG_68244.JPG

A bunch of the tomatoes I planted popped up,still waiting on the peppers to break soil now.

IMG_682812.JPG
IMG_683212.JPG

Watered the WW today and checked run off and everything seems gooderer now, just gotta stay on things!

IMG_683710.JPG
IMG_683610.JPG
IMG_683514.JPG

Clones and Bag seeds aka Joshua Jones are coming around nicely I guess.... I see why it's a good idea too take big healthy clones over the spindly little ones I grabbed. Takes sooo much longer to get back on track with such little veg and small stock.... I bet it ll take a month to get good growth outta the little clones I grabbed! The 2 Fallen Angels have had tight light with a little topping and HST, that s why they are so bushy, should play out nice in a month of so.

IMG_683410.JPG
IMG_68275.JPG
IMG_683016.JPG

I ve had about 2 inch s of streatch since the flip on the White Widdow in flower. Trying to keep it tight.
It s a quick and sloppy update but looks like a super busy weekend so figured I d get what I can up.

Everything looks great brother! Things can be a handful sometimes but you are doing great!

Day 12 of flower....

IMG_68557.JPG
IMG_68546.JPG
IMG_68568.JPG

Veg rooms had a little make over, just added some plywood pieces on the table to expand the available area to the max, could even slide it out another foot or so towards the door for even more room. Did a bunch of transplanting into bigger containers until I get my space figured out.... even kicked the vegatable garden stuff in another closet all together, so I m babysitting 3 grow rooms now.

IMG_68622.JPG
IMG_686011.JPG
IMG_68579.JPG
IMG_68589.JPG

Finding the bud sites showed up quick and are developing tight even after the streatch, still expecting a few inches of streatch but even still they should nice.

Day 18 of flower for the WW. Veg room is full full full, I m hoping to maybe throw a Fallen Angel in flower early just to make space and actually I ll probably do the same with a few of the Ww clones I took as needed. Should be fun managing all this new growth! Got some buffers for calibrating my ph pen and she s all dialled in now. nothing to bitch and whine about lately, lol it's kinda weird! Have 100 3 gal plastic pots for the garden stuff, 10 geo pots 3gal ea. for the little ladies. Should be clickn n bangn now!

IMG_68826.JPG

Sorry couldn't get my other pic to show up for some reason.

Gotta say bud s are forming fast for only being on day 18..... could just be me too.

IMG_68815.JPG
IMG_68804.JPG
IMG_68797.JPG

Those 3 clones in the little plastic containers are in desperate need of a good home.... lol;):)

Project time ...... so I've been reading on co2 generators and the potential value it could provide. Since I'm up in the 1000 watt plus range and I'm indoor they say the benefits would be worth it with a potential 20 percent increase in yealds.
What I ve got here is a five gal water bottle filled about half way with warmish water. I added 3 cups of sugar, 3 tsp (shit, could have been 3 tbls, I ll get back to y all in that) of yeast and for a "better reaction" half a cup of protein powder., oh yea little bit of this little bit of that, hahaha I know!! Anyway I ran a hose into the big tank then to the smaller "bubble detecting" container making sure the hose from the big tank was under water in the smaller container as to see the co2 being produced. From that smaller container I ran another hose through the lid ( just through the lid not into the water) and ran it over to my fan which is directed right at my plant. Since the co2 isn't useful during the dark hours I m hoping the fan will disperse it nicely as not to harm the plant when lights are out. Another method was to run the hose right into the canopy as co2 will fall because it's heavier then air, but since it's gonna run 24/7 unlike a real co2 generator that's set up on a timer to coincide with your lights, I think the fan disbursement may work better for me. The water bottle is in the corner under a towel to stop light from degrading the yeast and help keep the mixture warm. They also say this should last for a couple months but when it slows down just add more sugar for the yeast to gobble up! Ohhhhh and did I forget to mention this is actually making alcohol at the same time!!! Don't think I ll touch this batch with the protein powder in it but eventually I d like to dial in a hooch set up in ma garden, I know right, sounds way way way too good to be true..... here s hoping!
IMG_689013.JPG

Day 31 of flower for the WW. That little experiment is not going worth shit..... slowed right down now but I think my conditions may be a little cool now and might have put too much yeast in which may have caused such a rapid reaction at first. I m gonna try adding more sugar to the concoction here soon and see what that does, if not that I ll put a heating mat under the big bottle and see if that helps. Veg rooms rockn away, getting lots of training and attention these days.

Check out these leaves on the "bag seed" plant Joshua Jones, Massive for the age of the plant! I ve never had leaves this big before!

IMG_69248.JPG

Compared to these next biggest ones on a WW

IMG_692610.JPG

Here some post workout photos of the veg garden

IMG_693010.JPG
IMG_693210.JPG

IMG_693610.JPG
IMG_693711.JPG

White Widdow in flower day 31

IMG_69389.JPG
IMG_693910.JPG
IMG_694111.JPG