Rosin Press: Information Thread

I could only imagine a 20 ton

Be like the old coffee commercial

Good to the last drop

Bigger plates would be better as the bags are too big and I loose a lil in he corners

Then I cut the corners off and repress and give to people for house dabs

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well I joined 420mag to start a Grow Journal. And i was going to just Blast and Vac My Harvest. But Now I am looking to purchase some 3"×3" heated plates and Controller For a Harbor Freight 12 ton or 20 ton hydraulic press. Wondering if Anyone has any info on some plates. Maybe where i can source some. Also temps. I'm thinking about making Bubble Hash and Pressing that. Seen A lot of Great Videos on Instagram of Ice Water Hash being Pressed. Thanks Guys Appreciate any help.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcom flacko. I have been eying the arbor press variants. But I don't own a press and have only tried rosin once. It came out kind of harsh and I think it might be due to not being fully cured yet and having a leafy trim. Low temps and small dabs help the flavor out.

I've Read Several threads on other sites. All say the Product must be properly cured before pressing. I have Tried Rosin Several Times. But the Quality of BHO I get from my Medicinal Dispensary is So Good and Cheaper. But I've seen people Bubble Bag their herb and press that. It's called polishing, i believe.

My Birthday is 4/27, so my gift to myself is gonna be a Press set-up. Looking to spend around 400-500.

Wish I knew more about bigger presses
I don't

I will say some purple strains don't press well

Once you press a great pressing strain you'll know what I'm saying
Some require so much
Ore heat that come out overdone and dark

No one wants to sell moms pressing dads shirts l

Happy early
Bday flako1985!!
Hope you find the info and g r a great press

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Thank You HizzyB. Found a company that makes 3"×3" plates with controller for 399.00. And harbor freight 20 ton hydraulic press is 167.00. So Basically i think I'm Covered. But Im Still 2.5 months from pressing. My plants are barely 3 weeks into VEG.

Thank You HizzyB. Found a company that makes 3"×3" plates with controller for 399.00. And harbor freight 20 ton hydraulic press is 167.00. So Basically i think I'm Covered. But Im Still 2.5 months from pressing. My plants are barely 3 weeks into VEG.

That's all good

Gives ya some time to shop around for paper and filter bags

Maybe you can score a 20% off coupon for the press
The paper has em by the coupons
Friday and Sunday around here

That's all good

Gives ya some time to shop around for paper and filter bags

Maybe you can score a 20% off coupon for the press
The paper has em by the coupons
Friday and Sunday around here

Also Gonna Pick up some Bubble Bags for Making Bubble Hash.

This talk about the bud being better when cured is probably true. My buds are barely cured now. They are finally starting to turn nice a golden shade. Slowly losing their green. I plan to press another run as soon as I finish what I have pressed already. I hope the rosin improves.

An e nail would be wonderful to improve the taste. I find the lower the temp, the better it tastes. Still I think I prefer the taste of the rosin to the bho from the shop. It has a much sweeter taste. Then again the buds I pressed are quite sweet. Probably still have a lot of sugars in them.

I will report how the next press tastes.

Each Terpene burns at different temps. And each has a different effect
420-magazine-mobile1568068962.jpg

I've pressed fresh,dried product as well as long term cured product. IMO, it doesn't matter if the product is cured in regards to yeild. It does matter for flavor and color. For ME fresh dried= more terpy,somewhat harsh hit if I dab it. If I convert it to Thc juice for my vape,not as harsh but super flavorful.
Cured product= a darker color,smoother smoke on the in and exhale. Taste is definitely there just more well rounded and not as "loud" to my throat. The strain, heat, press time,press force,bud moisture/humidity and trich coverage are the determining factors in yeild in my press experiments. Green cracks ooozes rosin @190f and 1:30 -2:00 min squishes. While my aurora indica won't release shit at that temp. All things being equal(bovedas)
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Back
Top Bottom