day7
runt
phprxn2kaAM.jpg

syd
phprxn2kaAM.jpg

alright guys hopefully tomorrow ill be posting some better news
peace

your poem was really good

and it happens to all of us at least a few times. they should pull through weed is really tough..........its good though to think of them as little children cuz they are gonna need your attention. all of your attention:Rasta:

thanx glad you liked it

hope so cant check till later but before i went to bed it looked like syd was gonna make it
runt eh not so much
if the runt dies
ill just be able to focus more on syd
if they both dont make it by chance knock on wood
i guess ill just start over with the seeds my friend gave me

just a thought
it isnt the sun or the water or the nutes that makes this plant grow
its the optimism and confidence that it will, being able to think up the next best idea or making a bad situation actually work out
just a thought i had while thinking about the little babies

peace be back later with pics

its official they both died
im going to start some more tonight
im gonna use the dank seeds my friend gave me this time
ill start posting once they break
at least this gives me time to try and ad more lights
see ya later sorry about the delays

nope dont have any or i would
my soil mix is
plantone organic fertilizer
sand
and dollar store dirt with no fert or anything in it
i added enough fert to make it look like a healthy dirt...if you know what i mean
then i added sand until it drained well and didnt turn to mud

if i had money to spend on this grow i would have soil, perlite, worm castings and platone organic
but i really dont so im just using what i had from last grow
the only thing ive had to buy for this one was a $1 thermometer and $3 light timer

im think about potting them different or rearanging my setup

any ideas on a better pot that will allow me to water less often
i think im going to move the lights to the side with the fan and put a piece of glass in front of them
this way i can keep most of the heat on the side the fan is on the,the exhaust side then intake cool air on the other side (it comes through the tube you prolly saw in the pics)
this way i can control heat better and maximize my lights
im going to leave some space between the top of the box and the glass so that the rising hot air from the plant side will be sucked out
also thinking about getting a new piece of wood for the back because it is really messy looking the way ive put it together and is a pain to get into
i can run cords out of it through the bottom i can push it into the clay so that it has a good seal still

im going to pick up a can of white spray paint tomorrow to do the inside

im just letting this mess up give me a oppurtunity to improve the box design before i have plants in the way

alrighty guys ill post with any additions or fixes to the box or anything about the seeds ive started

ill see you guys later
peace

Ya isn't it always the way you gotta take your hard knocks to learn and its even harder when your broke. Insted of perlite you can use small rocks as long as they are sterile i think you can heat them up in your oven for a little while im not sure what temp maybe 350-400 degrees. you can make a self watering container out of a small soda or water bottle. Cut it in half and plant in the top half while it is upside down in the bottom half which you fill with water. i will draw it and post in few

thanx for that marvelous diagram
it deffinately gave me inspiration after thinking about your design i thought hmm why not get some cloth and make a wick from the opening in the bottle to dangle in to the water
this would help to make sure dirt doesnt fall out, get the water into the middle part of the dirt and allow me to remove the top container to add water
hows that sound?

also any feedback on the light idea?

im going to be doing a lot of work on the box today paint the inside
possible redesign the way i installed the fan and the backing

ive been thinking of a way to use the speaker openings as intakes
theres the big one in the middle and also 2 little ones on each side this would work out well with my light idea cause then it would intake in the light area and the grow area
i would have to make them light proof though cause they are in the front but i think it would work better than the hose i have as the intake now

ill be posting pictures at the end of the day after i upgrade the amp
lol just thought of something
I have a 23watt amp lol 23 watts of light that is
im going to try and upgrade it to a 49 watt today
hopefully my light idea will work so it stays cool
ill make sure to test it with the thermometer

alright guess ive rambled on long enough
and thank you falcore for being a prime watcher of my journal and helping me out
peace:peace:

ive painted the inside white and have added another light it seems to be staying around 83-84 think thatll be ok?

i dont think the light idea is gonna work
but i think it will be alright with just an extra light
now its a 36 watt amp lol
just gotta wait for them seeds now
cya guys later
peace

I'm really enjoying your innovations and dedication to make your grow work. +rep
funny thing is my mom told me about the DIY container last summer when we were growing tomatoes and peppers.
your temps look good to me I've been running 82-90 and averaging 85 depending on the outside temp.
my last grow i was running 87-93 and averaging 90 and the leaves around the top cola got a little brittle but that was about it.
you might be able to rubber band a little balloon over the opening and poke some holes in it so it can draw up water as an alternative if the wick can't transfer enough moisture to the soil.

cant wait for the pics

It sounds like your dirt could be the problem. Along with the plantone fert, its a definite possibility that you're burning your sprouts. Also if you use a different container, mayb one that isnt clear because you dont really want your roots seeing light. this is also why your soil is drying out so fast... hopefully you can get it right before your new babies pop...

what you said about the container being dark makes sense
all in all i think im gonna find some better pots just a bit bigger so that it can hold more water this is why i have decide to leave the bigger light at the top of the box
gonna try and find some thing wide but also having enough height

i really think the only error last time was me not watering them after i added 2 more lights
it got 95 or so in there
and they werent checked on or watered for about 2 days

the fertilizer doesnt have anything that would burn the plant
blood meal maybe but its not in high enough concentrations
i went by the bag following the potting soil treatment instructions
added maybe an extra scoop

i might have a bit to much sand in it but i think im going to leave it be
im just going to make sure to check it out every night

I have also been thinking about options to go with if it doesnt work out growing it to finish

i have a metal filing cabinet out in the shed so if i can figure out how to gut it
and keep it still looking like filing cabinet, i can finish up the grow in the shed and just use the amp as a little seed starter box/cloning box

i think i might try getting a mother plant and fixing up the filing cabinet to put in
then take clones off it and try to go 12/12 with them in the amp

alrighty thanx guys for the thoughts
hope you liked mine
peace out:peace:

sorry about not keeping you updated was trying to make sure that i was done with what i was going to do with the box

good news all around aswell

so the inside is now flat white
i cut out part of the back board so the fan works better
and have one plant with its first leaves and anotherr that is still breaking out of the seed
they both look healthy
ill have pictures tonight when i can open up the box

im just about at the point i was before i fucked it up last time

welli guess ill talk to you guys later

ps you should go check out the new stuff i added to my website in my sig
im in the works of adding a forum for trippy music art videos and weed
im trying to make it a good place to go when your high

what do you guys think would be good to have that high people would like

Sorry about the loss Sacred Spiral. Seems that you are learning from the experience and that knowledge is the second most valuable thing we can get from our grows. Product is #1 though. :skeptical:

Looking forward to the next attempt.

Back
Top Bottom