Sacred Spiral micro bagseed guitar amp grow

Sacred Spiral

so
i tried setting something up in my shed
but it was just to cold out there

so i began looking around again and saw some micro grows
then the other day i had an idea when i was jamming on my guitar

i have this old shit amp that i was willing to kill to test out this microgrow stuff

i think im gonna have size issues the box is 10.5" wide 10.5" tall 6.5"deep
but im just gonna try and see if i can get any amount of bud, you know just so i can smoke some bud i grew myself;)

well ive gutted it and got it to the basic stage the only thing im missing is ventilation

ive not had much expirience with true ventilation with fans and such but i know that im gonna need to do something so any ideas or tips would be appreciated im just kinda like in this spot where i dont want to fuck up the box cause im not sure what idea will work

well i guess the next thing is pics of what the box looks like
first we have my guitar corner can you tell which one
phpFb5Zr6AM.jpg

its this one
php6wSmCpAM.jpg

the back, not as stealthy as the front but who looks at the back of my amps sorry about the foot and if youre wondering the green stuff is modeling clay im using it to seal the light in and allow me still to remove the back
phpgzAFW2AM.jpg

heres a couple pics with the back pulled down
phpmNAiBkAM.jpg

phpWBIZK3AM.jpg

so id like to know if you think this could work i think im just going to have to really train the plant and utilize more horizontal space well

so anything you think i can improve on and some ventilation ideas /tips

ive got 3 seeds germinating i did 2 with the paper towel method and one soaking in a glass of water till it sank then planted in soil they are just some random bagseed hopefully more indica need a shorty lol well i hope i havent forgot anything see ya

lol thanx for that
small update both the paper towel seeds have taproots
i put one in the ground and im letting the other taproot get a tad longer before i put it in the dirt

also i think the soil mix i made is working good
at least alot better than the first batch it held water to well and turned to mud

now it drains well and looks not like mud
i am using plant-tone organic fertilizer in the soil it has alot of goodies in it
id recommend it picked it up at sears hardware, but im pretty sure i saw it at homedepot and lowes too

i also got a light timer
it is wierd because the one i had before had little marker things to set it and this one you push down a shit ton of little pins

as far as light schedule and when im switching to 12/12, the plan is to kp it under 24/0 for about five days, just enough to get its first or second set of leaves, then ill put it on 12/12

im going to do alot of lst, prolly willl look like a bonsai tree when im done
and also im reading about topping and hopefully by the time i can i feel comfortable takin the choppers to em

i only have one bulb right now but once i get a couple more adapters im goin to try and set up lights that stand vertically as well
this will not only help with lst but hopefully induce more horizontal growth,which is what i need

thanx for replying its nice to know someones here

well not much else to say

:thanks: i hope this goes well its been a while since ive actually had a plant
the guitars are actually pretty off the wall brands well at least the electric
i dont know if they have an aldi's around where you live but yea thats where my electric came from and the amp im using its an ion lol doesnt sound too bad with my peavey amp though

i just cant wait to get started
need a good toke
i think im gonna hit up my bubbler be back in a bit

i put the other seed into dirt now
i really love the way my dirt turned out
it drains really nice but stays moist not muddy
i cant wait till they break through
its been forever ago since i saw the lil gals and im just glad we are going to see each other again =]

well not i just gotta figure out some kinda vent system and wait

also i was wondering how you seal the light in from the vent holes
ive seen like a sponge kinda suff over some
and some felt on another
what would work best

so ive been thinking about ventilation
im going to pick up a pc fan tomorrow
and im going to try and use this multi volt adapter where you can switch it to 3v, 4.5v, 6v, 7.5v, 9v, or 12v
on the end of the cable is a place where you can plug in different tips to fit different things if you take the tip off there are 2 holes so im assuming that if i put the correct wires from the fan into the correct holes on the cable i should have a ghetto rigged variable speed fan
if you didnt understand look at the pics below
phpNwBiGSAM.jpg

phpWI8GA8AM.jpg

i only plan on running one fan as exhaust and putting an intake hole somewhere
im still kinda lost on how im going to kp light from escaping or getting in from the holes
if someone could point me to a good light trap or baffle design that would be swell
ive tried looking and couldnt find any
if not i guess ill come up with something
im not majoring in engineering for no reason
im gonna actually draw something up and ill post it and see if you guys think it would do

o and i almost forgot i can see the seed of the first one i put in the dirt starrting to poke through should be a lil sprout tomorrow
so i have to get this ventilation going by then or at least something temporary

well i guess thats it for now
hope to hear from some more people

so today i picked up a small pc fan
actually let me tell you how this went it was slightly awkward

so i go to this little computer repair shop and ask if they have pc fans
shop guy:yeah but do you have the fan from your computer

me:i just need a fan

shop guy:well i dont want you to walk outta here with something thats not going to work in your computer

me:i just need a small pc fan

shop guy:well im sorry i cant help you unless you have the fan from your computer

me:...........

at this point i walk out think wow this is rediculous
after contemplating i go back in

me:its not actually for a computer

shop guy:then whats it for

me: a science project for school

shop guy:eek: well i guess i could see what i have *he starts looking around*

me: i only have a little over 3 bucks on me

shop guy:eek: *paces* powersupply!!!! *walks to where i cant see him then brings back the most perfect little fan*

shopguy: you can just have it

me: ok? thanx!
then i walk out:slide::slide::slide::slide:

so one awkward conversation and a free fan later, and i now i have everything i need to get this going

also i have a baby about to be ready so im glad i got the fan today
ill prolly post later tonight once i get the fan installed and think of some way to hide the light

well thanx for replying the few that have hope to hear from some more

Here are a couple of pics of how to make a basic light trap out of wood.
light_trap_2_copy.jpg

light_trap_1_copy.jpg

sorry they are a little crude I did them i Sketchup instead of ACAD. Just put some sides on it and you have a simple light trap. If there is still light coming through you can simply add more layers.

Good luck with the grow, it seems like a very small space to me.

thanks for that
ill prolly do something like that but smaller
getting rready to install the fan so thanx for putting up that very nice diagram

so i tested my multi-speed fan idea out just now and it works excellently im gonig to try it at 6v because it seems to be sufficient and is really quiet if not ill move it up a notch

seed#1 has broke through the soil and is starting to stand up
seed#2 looks to be justpoking through the soil but i maybe mistaking it for a grain of sand lol but its close

how bout some pics
the back with fan installed not closed up had to up the fan to 9v
phpqHDVt9AM.jpg

the little gal.....hopefully
phpUgvOjHAM.jpg

plant is now in
phpm7LqplAM.jpg

all closed up and turned around.....cant even tell that there is anything in there
phpTym88GAM.jpg

and you were wondering what fertilizer im using....dont panic its organic
phphrVMP8AM.jpg

i really think i could at least have a chance at a small quantity of bud
if this does work im thinking about trying a micro scrog next time around
if it doesnt well then at least i have a little clone/sprout starter chamber for when i can actually do a full grow

who knows im just getting started

thanx you guys for the luck im deffinately going to need it
well i guess thats it for now by tomorrow night im sure ill have a lil sprout

peace and pot be with you

thanx for the support guys its good to know people are interested i really think i might have to do some crazy new idea like a bonsai tree hopefully i can

waiting till 10 to check the baby out when the lights come on
i decided to just go 12/12 straight from seed because i need it to flower as early as possible i know this prolly wont be much but if igot clones this could be wicked and starting from seed will help me learn much more and adapt better to a new style of grow

be back at 10 or so
peace and pot be with you:rollit:

thanx im glad you guys like my idea it really gives you confidence knowing you got people behind ya

well i just look a little bit ago and was kinda upset to see that the soil had dried out
i was away yesterday and last night and i think i forgot to water before i left
the little stem was slighgtly dired up but i gave it a good watering and hopefully it will pull through

im really having trouble getting these plants going
i dont know if the soil i have is shitty or im just not doing something right but all the seeds ive tried to get going lately have struggled or not made it

im thinking about picking up a better soil
i would get fox farms if i knew where to get it but i dont know of any shops around here

does anyone know a site or something to look up grow shops in the area

if the seeds ive got going now dont make it
i think ill try picking up some vermeculite or perlite
if i do happen to get the miracle grow variety would you suggest i do something to it before using it like washing it off or something

i wish that these gals would do there thing cause ive got everything set up and ready
i guess ill just have to be patient

i got a temp reading today aswell
it seems to be staying right at about 80 maybe a 3 degree deviation
this is with the fan at 12v so im going to leave it there
i have it so the fan starts up when the lights do aswell

well i guess ill wait till tomorrow to post picks and see if i see any progress

thanx for stopin by

thanx im glad you guys like my idea it really gives you confidence knowing you got people behind ya

well i just look a little bit ago and was kinda upset to see that the soil had dried out
i was away yesterday and last night and i think i forgot to water before i left
the little stem was slighgtly dired up but i gave it a good watering and hopefully it will pull through

im really having trouble getting these plants going
i dont know if the soil i have is shitty or im just not doing something right but all the seeds ive tried to get going lately have struggled or not made it

im thinking about picking up a better soil
i would get fox farms if i knew where to get it but i dont know of any shops around here

does anyone know a site or something to look up grow shops in the area

if the seeds ive got going now dont make it
i think ill try picking up some vermeculite or perlite
if i do happen to get the miracle grow variety would you suggest i do something to it before using it like washing it off or something

i wish that these gals would do there thing cause ive got everything set up and ready
i guess ill just have to be patient

i got a temp reading today aswell
it seems to be staying right at about 80 maybe a 3 degree deviation
this is with the fan at 12v so im going to leave it there
i have it so the fan starts up when the lights do aswell

well i guess ill wait till tomorrow to post picks and see if i see any progress

thanx for stopin by

Google "hydroponics" and then add your ZIP code if in the US. The internet is your friend!

If you do get the sprouts going, the small space you have will require that you strictly maintain the plants height. Rather than use up precious space on a ScrOG, I think maybe putting in hooks on the inside edges of the amp box at around the height of the soil container could help. Use those as anchor points in a tie down LST method. I will help control the height and spread the growth outward and you can keep the CFL's at the optimum height of a few inches above the growing canopy.

so im gonna try and get some question answered with this post
i have a white fuzzy mold growing on the top of the soil
let me get a pic
here you can see it
phpHmbpBiPM.jpg

i dont know whats causing it
i was thinking maybe my soil is bad its been sitting in the shed for a while and the fert to

think this could be the problem or is it just where im keeping them
under my sink until they pop through

also i was wondering how much you guys usually pay for ff ocean forest

i put ten seeds in a new paper towel and hoping to get at least one going
hopefully

well ill see you guys later

so while ive been waiting i thought of a idea for traing them what if i wrap it around the container once it gets to tall think this could work just spiral down the cup and maybe get a couple lights for the sides just like standing up

so im gonna try and get some question answered with this post
i have a white fuzzy mold growing on the top of the soil
let me get a pic
here you can see it
phpHmbpBiPM.jpg

i dont know whats causing it
i was thinking maybe my soil is bad its been sitting in the shed for a while and the fert to

think this could be the problem or is it just where im keeping them
under my sink until they pop through

also i was wondering how much you guys usually pay for ff ocean forest

i put ten seeds in a new paper towel and hoping to get at least one going
hopefully

well ill see you guys later

Yep that is some kind of fungi there. I also see little red and green specks. Don't know what that is. Anyways, fungus will develop if it has the required components. Spores (which are EVERYWHERE), a substrate that it can eat like wood chips, and high moisture levels in the substrate and air. So, the fungus is eating and breaking down something in that soil so I would say that the soil came from a compost that hadn't finished composting yet. For your purposes, you don't want this in your grow so get rid of the cup with its contents.

FFOF (Fox Farms Ocean Forest) is usually a bit less than $20 a bag. It can be kind of hot (high nutrient availability) that can burn some delicate plants so some people will mix some FFOF with FFLW (Fox Farms Light Warrior) soil. I have done little growing in soil thusfar so maybe someone else in the soil forums can help more. I do know that adding perlite to the soil mix will help aerate the soil and could help resist the mold condition you see.

If you have an idea regarding the training of the plants, by all means try it and document it. LST is still an area where much experimentation still can be done. Look forward to your results.

Hey man! Im liking your thinking, i have a micro stealth grow in my closet right now. My plant is about 1 month flowering and has hairs all over.

So some advice i can give you for your micro grow. Definately go with the FFOF like Munki said its def some of the best stuff you can get. Also try and find a container that is square and low so you can have as much soil and room for roots as possible with the least amount of height. I use a plastic rectangle container that most people use to store stuff. Just remember almost any box you find can be a pot as long as you can drill holes on the bottom.

For a space as small as yours LST is definately the way to go. Do your best to get an even canopy but since your room is so small it prob wont be that hard.

Is smell going to be an issue?

Your just growing bagseed, correct?

Any way you could get a bigger box? All i did was go to home depot and bought a large cardboard box for like 1$ and converted that into my grow box. Simple. Easy to work with.

If you have any questions lemme know, hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom