Scop's First Grow-Under Stair CFL DIY Grow Box In Soil-Vanilla Kush,Super Lemon Haze

Re: Scop's First Grow-Under Stair CFL DIY Grow Box In Soil-Vanilla Kush,Super Lemon H

Scopopulus im along for the ride subbed.

Love the setup get a auto in there point a fan at the lights and get them closer.Im using far less light on one auto and in my opinion she is looking great. Do you have a fan pointing at the plants like a small pc fan or sumthing ive been beating my girl with gale force winds and she loves me 4 it. Im on day 24 with a low ryder 2 and she is showing white hairs smells really nice all i have been using is 116 watts 2 35 daylight lotus and 2 23 warm from tesco so if your going to upgrade dont spend more money you have enough their to grow sum autos sell sum bags to your close mates and use that money to upgrade either way i have a vested interest in your success now.:yummy:

Re: Scop's First Grow-Under Stair CFL DIY Grow Box In Soil-Vanilla Kush,Super Lemon H

geturgrownon - I'm not using any nutes yet, but I have the GH GO box I will use when they're ready for it.

little-G - There is a small oscillating fan in there. Between the 4" intake and that oscillating fan, the plants seem to be getting a nice breeze.

I have to get a new feel for the box since the big exhaust fan is in. At half speed, I am maintaining 25C. I think I can get the lights closer... but I am getting a light reading of ~12000(I think its lux when you're measuring, instead of lumens, meh) at soil level with the way things are. That's pretty good for CFL's! I would expect a reading around 20000 for a 250 watt high pressure sodium...
There are still 2 32watt cfls to go in for flowering, as well.

The SLH2 is already starting to stink! It's almost time to connect the kitty litter filter!
I want to try some autos in the future, but for now I will stick with the seeds that I have and learn as much as I can about these strains.

Glad to have you all on board for the ride so far! :peace:

Yea thats cool man because i didnt have a fan on mine at first and the plant was real shitty so i got a pc fan and pointed it straight at it poor thing had a shit attack. I have no idea how much lumens my plant is getting the lotus bulb dont say on it what it is putting out all in all your setup is badass.

I think oldrthandirt is right seems to me you are watering to much. Let the soil dry out between each watering

Stick your finger in there. If your finger goes down more than two inches and you don't feel any moisture at all. Then it may be getting time to water. But, if your feel moisture in the first inch or two, then it is plenty wet ..... don't water.

..but I LOVE to water!:surf:
I transplanted into soil, out of the bag, that was moistened with 2 cups each. They got watered in with 2L each, and had 1 cup runoff from each. That was on the 15th.
I will take everybody's advice and wait until it dries out - probably another couple of days at least..
I've read they benefit from dry soil, because there is more oxygen available to the roots in that state
I had ordered one of those cheap moisture meters, but it never came.. c'est la vie! thanks for the refund:bigtoke:

Thanks for checking it out!:Namaste:

Your finger ..... and lifting the pot to see if it's light are going to serve you much better than any moisture meter.

I was thinking the same thing when I first started (recently) and quickly figured out when to water. I'm sure you will too ....... :peace:

The girls are just about to go to sleep for 6 hours.
The SLH is looking droopy this morning.
I will feel for weight and stick my finger in to see if she needs water when she wakes up. Thanks for the advice, Muttt :high-five:
If it needs water I will bubble together some of the go line and give them an extra* light feeding.

I don't think they need water today.
Here are some pictures from the 19th and today:
19th - VK2 - Day 31
IMG-20121019-00137.jpg

SLH2 - Day 18
IMG-20121019-00135.jpg

21st - VK2 - Day 33
IMG-20121021-00142.jpg

SLH2 - Day 20
IMG-20121021-00141.jpg

...and the two together
IMG-20121021-00146.jpg

...and close ups!
IMG-20121021-00145.jpg

IMG-20121021-00143.jpg

:roorrip:

Lookin good so far ....

They are pretty Scopo. I will go with VK next time, this time was my first and I unwittingly chose 8-14 weeks flowering strain. NVM. Subbed up as they say. I shall follow with interest.

LST will help get the smaller growth more light. They would then grow larger and produce better (the smaller lower growth). I'm scrogging my indica strains. But, if I wasn't, it would have to LST just to get more light where it's needed. I took clones when they were young, so the plants have been topped early on. Because of this, I have about 7 main stems. 3 of which needed more light because they were being hidden under the bigger ones.

they do look very good and with the watering i read on another post somewhere they kept an empty container filled with dry soil and just basically judged by weight type of comparing. this my first ever post only just subscribed but probably read 100+ completed journals its like a drug just reading so much fun..:yahoo:

Yeah, but none of us get to sample the finished product. That part really sucks.

yeah mine are in the coco too my first ever go at it went with coco as heard its really hard to overwater, something like 10% air retention at all times going to start a journal just getting used to it all orry for hijacking the thread scopopulus.

Back
Top Bottom