Scop's First Grow-Under Stair CFL DIY Grow Box In Soil-Vanilla Kush,Super Lemon Haze

Re: Scop's First Grow-Under Stair CFL DIY Grow Box In Soil-Vanilla Kush,Super Lemon H

They look great. You couldn't ask for better color. But, in your last pics, it looks like your fan leaves are drooping. Could that be from over watering??

Re: Scop's First Grow-Under Stair CFL DIY Grow Box In Soil-Vanilla Kush,Super Lemon H

Ya, it could be overwatering. I gave them 3 Litres each and their last dose of grow nutrients.
They were very light before I watered. I have been bending them down as well, though.
They will be dried out to wilty-ness before they get flowering nutes(as per green house seeds instruction videos)
I appreciate your concern :Namaste:

looking goood when u flipping them they r going to double in size or triple!

Thanks for all the nice comments! :thanks:
Here are some pictures from the 6th and today.
Nov. 6th - SLH2 -Day 36 (sorry about the head tilter, I forgot to turn it before I uploaded it)
IMG-20121106-00223.jpg

VK2 - Day 49
IMG-20121106-00224.jpg

DR1&2 - Day 10
IMG-20121106-00225.jpg
IMG-20121106-002221.jpg

Nov. 8th - SLH2 - Day 38 (again...sorry for the head tilter, its getting too tall!!)
IMG-20121108-00228.jpg

VK2 - Day 51
IMG-20121108-00229.jpg

DR1&2 - Day 12 - These babies are begging for more light, but I don't have any more to give them!
IMG-20121108-00226.jpg
IMG-20121108-00227.jpg

Comment and enjoy!:yummy:
Thanks for looking,

Nice update .... they look really really healthy. Are you gonna repot them or leave them in the smaller pots??

Geturgrowon - I flipped about a week ago , I hope they don't do much more than double in size - otherwise they will experience bondage!

Mutt - The big girls are in 17 Litre(~4.5 gal) pots and the DR's are in 11 Litre pots (~3 Gal). I don't think I have any more room for bigger pots! I hate transplanting too. It feels so wrong with the pile of roots in one hand and digging a hole with the other - I find I always break roots and it makes me sad a little.
Although, after second thought, If it was only the DR's I would re-pot to the 17 Litre.

Next update I want to get some picture outside of the box! Stay tuned ;)

OH ... I didn't realize the pots were that big. They look smaller in the pics. Which is a good thing. That means your girls are bigger than I origianally though they were.

Wow ... that's a good looking plant. That's a pretty thich main stem ...... very healthy.

Looking very good Scops! it's always nice to bring 'em out and examine them in the real light huh.

I didn't feel good about having them out for too long. It's like when I'm basking in the sun I hate having to go inside(out of the sun).
I added 4 23 watter Blue Big Box Special bulbs to the fold for a total of 419 watts. Let's just call it 420.:bong:

I've also decided to defoliate both big ones at 21 days flower and super crop the main stem of the SLH2 when I think its getting too much height stretch.

I didn't feel good about having them out for too long.
... :laughtwo: I'm terrible for taking one out, usually my favourite one, and just looking at it and photographing it for TOO long. Ha ha....

I probably should take them out to look at them, because the lights make my eyes hurt.
Go towards the light!

I just super cropped SLH2. I Rolled my fingers around the stem until it went limp a bit and kind of leaned over on its own. It was getting super stretchy and I don't have much vertical space!

I heard it crack when it happened, but its only got a slight bend now. I will wait to see what happens, but I think I should have been more aggressive.
I have been convincing myself against defoliation. If I think one is in the way of a bud - I will remove it, but otherwise I will leave them alone.

I was more aggressive today. I broke a clamp lamp and had to run out and get another one; so i bought two. :hmmmm:
I bent the SLH2 top harder and farther than before, and I hope it stays in place now!
I also cut some fan leaves (decided against a full defoliation, and opted to remove a few select bud blocker fans instead)

I took out the arm light and replaced it with a clamp. The Diesel Ryder's have an extra 23 watt bulb each now.
I rearranged the other lights and added one more 13 watt bulb(whoopty doo!)
I wish I had a better camera so I could take nice photos like some of you guys, but this is what you get for now. Enjoy!
Before...
IMG-20121114-00255.jpg

After! - I am seriously considering ONE light to conquer them all; instead of the monstrosity that you see here.:thedoubletake:
You can see in this picture that SLH2 top is bent over.(supercropped? I try...)
IMG-20121114-00257.jpg

Nov. 14 - VK2 - Day 57 - 13 days of 12/12 for all below
IMG-20121114-00250.jpg

SLH2 - Day 44 - This picture shows it before the top was bent over and leaves removed.
IMG-20121114-00251.jpg

DR 1&2 - Day 18 - These are 42 watters about an inch above the plants. They are at the end of their working life cycle and will be thrown out(recycled) after this grow.
IMG-20121114-00252.jpg
IMG-20121114-00254.jpg

I was looking at your lights and thought the same thing just before I read you text. With the heat you must have in that space from the CFL's one HID would give the plants more of what they need with much better light penetration. My tent looked the same way with a monster CFL beast made out of reflectors from an old 8" tube floro. When I did the math HPS gave bore bang for the buck energy wise and the growth difference is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom