Scrogco Screen - First Impressions

uhewekguilw

SCROGCO SCREEN REVIEW

Screenshot_2015-07-13-15-41-00.png
Screenshot_2015-07-13-15-41-05.png
Screenshot_2015-07-13-15-41-13.png
Screenshot_2015-07-13-15-44-33.png

-

So I recieved the Scrogco screen today after picking it up from the post office. First impressions are as follows:
Packaging- well packaged, Company name in big bold lettering, not very stealth for those who are looking for it. I'm sure the company could have sent it in a plain box, but I did not ask for it specifically. This would be something to ask Simon if you are looking for stealth shipping. However with that bieng said, the customs form said "machine parts screen" so that kind of covers the stealth factor for me.
Build quality: Excellent! Everything is made of solid steel. Poles are sturdy and not flimsy, the screen is also very solid and I tried to bend it and it wouldnt be easy to do so on accident. You would have to bend it with true intent to warp the screen.
Installation : Fairly straight forward, you put the solo ring over the top of your plant on top of the medium, push the poles through the holes in the ring made for the poles, adjust the screen ring to the poles and move down to the top of your plant or wherever you want it. It does come with screws and the tool to lock the screen in place, but as the fit on mine was quite tight, I decided not to use them for now. It is holding up on its own and hasn't moved unless I moved it with purpose.
Size: It fits good inside my 2x2 tent. Has about 10 inches of empty space from front to back and about 6 inches from side to side. I will edit with true measurements later on. I do believe that building them with more common dimensions would be more helpful to those of us who have grow tents. A straight 2x2,3x3,and 4x4 size screen would be amazing to have so there is no waisted space. As it sits now, I have a little room where the branches of my plant will end up not bieng in the screen after the stretch and that is fine for now.
Overall First Impressions- Good product that is very well built and easy to install. Took less than 5 minutes to install correctly with the anchor screws. I decided to remove them for now. I am disabled and it took minimal effort for me to get it in and adjusted. I am very happy with this product as of now. I also believe that it will hold up very well due to the fact it is all steel construction. The only thing I could see becoming an issue is the poles rusting. You have to push the poles in your soil to get it anchored and if you use synthetic nutrients like me, the moist salty medium could cause a bit of rust after the course of a few grows. My suggestion would be to keep an eye on them between harvests and possible preventative maintenance with a little sand paper and paint should ease any concerns... at least that's my plan if there is any signs of rust. I believe this is a great alternative to the diy screen if you have a space smaller than 2x2 or if you purchase multiple units to scrog more than 1 plant in a 4x2 or 4x4 tent. I would love to see a 4x4 screen by Scrogco, but I may end up purchasing 3 more of these to fulfill my want!-
Hope you enjoyed the review and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask myself, or contact Simon at Scrogco directly. He is a great guy to work with and is willing to answer questions you may have. Shipping was super fast and arrived 10 days sooner than he told me!-
Thanks again!-
GB80

Thanks for the review on this! I am designing a modular scrog this gives me some ideas! Specifically, making it slide up and down on those poles is genius.

Down the line I think he will have to offer different sizes, and folding screens. What size is your screen exactly?

I will start a thread on modular scrog that maybe can take this idea to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom