SecretGardner - Terra Professional Plus - Super Lemon Haze - 1st Grow -2014

I also would like to ask something about the curing of buds, I have been led to believe that I do not have to cure my buds in the Glass jars, I can also cure my buds in a air tight plastic container, like a plastic container you would put sandwiches in.

Is this information correct ? can I use these ?

Many thanks.

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

I also would like to ask something about the curing of buds, I have been led to believe that I do not have to cure my buds in the Glass jars, I can also cure my buds in a air tight plastic container, like a plastic container you would put sandwiches in.

Is this information correct ? can I use these ?

Many thanks.

When I harvest I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, They come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Titanium Micro Tip Easy Action Scissors No.5

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens

You can use food grade plastic containers, the plastic containers do not seal as well and the trichomes from the buds will stick more easily to plastic.

I would like to close this grow as it is complete,

This entire grow was only successful due to the members of this forum and the forum itself. King John C was very helpful and would like to thank him for being so patient with a new grower that new nothing!,

I do feel I have gained knowledge though, ready for my next grow !!!!

some info on my grow. my total dried weight was 46 oz I am pleased with that result for my first grow,

See you all on my next grow.

S.C

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom