Sensi and The Bandit - A Grapegod, OG Kush & Mutant LA Woman Journal

High Bandit, great to see a grow that's not boring :)

If you have mold, maybe you could try growing a little bleu cheese!

Subscribed :popcorn:

:peace:

LMAO! :rofl:
:welcome: to my journal Horse! The one thing this thread will not be is boring! Stay tuned Bro 'cause as soon as these clones root I'll be rockin' the coco! I also want to try cloning in coco so that may come as early as this week.

LMFAO That's Funny,Hows everything Bandit?:blunt:

HH
All is great HH! Horns are winning, plants are blooming, and most important the wife is happy so all is cool in my world.
Scored some cool gear today on a used gear hunt thru Craigslist. Found a nice ebb n flo table with rez. It's nasty as hell right now so I'll be sterilizing it tommorow.
Gonna run a hydro coco garden for this round of indoor plants. Waterfarms & ebb n flo. If there's any spaced left I'll stick some soil plants in there too.
;)

Loved seeing the toads being used for bug killers! I have the little tiny green frogs all over my place and they love the plants. Was wondering if they were good or bad, didn't seem to be doing any damage and I like the little guys:)

I'll be interested in seeing how the coco run works out for you. Have you used it in the past? I'm rocking 1/3 coco in my outdoor and they seem to love it. The Horns have been killing it. My pro team is handling business so far this season also. GO CHIEFS!!! Lol. Don't hate, I'm from KC.

Well Bud I gotta tell ya... It is freakin' on this weekend! My 0-2 Niners roll into Arrowhead this week and they are hungry Bro!
Down, Down, Down! Chefs are going down! And that's not a typo! :)

I think you could say i'm popping my coco cherry on this one! I really like the idea of tossing the stuff in the compost heap when it's used up. I cant do that with the Hydroton.

Well Bud I gotta tell ya... It is freakin' on this weekend! My 0-2 Niners roll into Arrowhead this week and they are hungry Bro!
Down, Down, Down! Chefs are going down! And that's not a typo! :)

I think you could say i'm popping my coco cherry on this one! I really like the idea of tossing the stuff in the compost heap when it's used up. I cant do that with the Hydroton.

Ha. I figured that would get you fired up. Although the Chiefs are 2-0 I don't think they'll beat the Niners. They've had a couple lucky breaks on their last games. We'll see how it goes on the grid iron buddy.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Score! Got the ebb n flo today and cleaned it up nice & perty! What I have here is a Botanicare 2'x4' flood tray and a GH rez that is actually for an aeroflow garden but I dont think my girls will mind the mix n match. :)

The medium will be the coco chips & chunks and the nutes will be the Floranova line w/ Soluble as a supplement.

Check out the new generation of spray bottles! They have fully adjustable nozzles for keeping the bottle upright but still be able to spray the underside of leaves.

IMG_05924.JPG

Bandit,
nice journal and some great looking pics. The pic with King of the Hill guys standing around that big bud is awesome.
This is my first time growing other then bag seeds. I have some Nirvana Northern Lights in hempys/CRF's about 6 weeks old just turned on 12/12 today. Hope to get some frosty nugs like I see in your pics.

Ha. I figured that would get you fired up. Although the Chiefs are 2-0 I don't think they'll beat the Niners. They've had a couple lucky breaks on their last games. We'll see how it goes on the grid iron buddy.

GO CHIEFS!!!

If it was any other Sunday I would give a Go Chiefs! I always root for teams with Longhorns on the roster and the Chiefs have a couple of the better ones in DJ & Jamal Charles. The two lose track of detail sometimes and go looking for the big splash play too often but when they do make the plays watch out! DJ can knock the snot out of anybody and Charles... well that kid could probably run down a cheetah!

Go Niners!!

:cheer: Faithful since 1973! :cheer:
Man that loss on Monday was a heart breaker! It's clear the 49ers are one of the better teams in the NFL. The only problem is they kick the $h1t out of everything on the field including themselves! :)

Bandit,
nice journal and some great looking pics. The pic with King of the Hill guys standing around that big bud is awesome.
This is my first time growing other then bag seeds. I have some Nirvana Northern Lights in hempys/CRF's about 6 weeks old just turned on 12/12 today. Hope to get some frosty nugs like I see in your pics.

:welcome: to my journal Hash Hound!
Thanks for the compliments Brother!
Mmmm! I like that NL! I have'nt had it in quite some time but it's always a solid choice of a classic just like White Widow & Skunk #1. :goodluck:

Some new toys on the way!

bubble_machine.jpg

I want to make some water hash or bubble hash. The last time I did it manually it was amateur hour. I made a big mess and wore myself out along with my drills' battery for a couple rabbit terd size balls
I looked up portable washing machines and they were all $100+ more than one of these things so I figured I would give this a try. Should be interesting!
I also ordered this double t press. It's all cnc machined aluminum with hard plastic dowels of various sizes.

double_t_press.jpg

It's mold testing time for the mycellial co2!
I found this kit at Home Depot for $10.

IMG_05864.JPG

Basically it will show me if this thing is pumping mold spores into the air along with co2. If I want to know exactly what kind of mold it is if there is any I must send the petri dish to a lab in Florida along with $30 to recieve the results via email. The kit did come with a prestamped envelope.

I have it set up so that the co2 air tube is blowing right on the petri dish. This testing goes on for an hour and then the dish is covered. The dish is then checked at the 48, 72, & 96 hr marks to determine if there is mold.

IMG_05874.JPG

EEEEEWWWWW!
MOLD!
IMG_05936.JPG

Well the test does not lie! 48 hrs in and there's mold in the petri dish.
This is all I need to know. Compost co2 is not welcomed in my garden any longer. The bucket has been removed never to return again as a co2 generator.
I may still send the dish off to the lab for mold identification but my thought on it is i dont care if it's safe or not, the mass is not coming back in the house!
I may still modify the bucket & pump to work as an odor eliminater/ona injector. After it's sterilized! :)

Damn mold. Glad to see you "kicked the bucket" since it wasn't working out.

The T press is pretty snazzy. I'm planning on some hash too. I burned my drill up last time so I bought one that plugs in. Been looking at some bubble bags but they're outrageous. I might just go with the youtube gumby hash method.

I'm ready for Game 3.

Later, Bro.

yeah a little bit of co2 is'nt worth it. Time to jack up the fresh air intake!

I'm dubbing this Ebay Hash! :)
The washer, the press, and the bubblebags I have were all bought off ebay for less than half of the typical costs you see on these items.
The bags i have are not authentic Bubble Bags but they work really good and seem to be well made. They just dont have the bb logo on them. Same with the machine. It's not the original that goes for $300+ but one that I think is the same thing, just different name and is only $140. The press is the best deal! I see the same one for over $60 on other sites but on ebay it's only $22.
I'll be sure to take lots of pics and document everything when I get this project going.:tokin:

yeah a little bit of co2 is'nt worth it. Time to jack up the fresh air intake!

I'm dubbing this Ebay Hash! :)
The washer, the press, and the bubblebags I have were all bought off ebay for less than half of the typical costs you see on these items.
The bags i have are not authentic Bubble Bags but they work really good and seem to be well made. They just dont have the bb logo on them. Same with the machine. It's not the original that goes for $300+ but one that I think is the same thing, just different name and is only $140. The press is the best deal! I see the same one for over $60 on other sites but on ebay it's only $22.
I'll be sure to take lots of pics and document everything when I get this project going.:tokin:

I am a newbie, in my second indoor (7 plants) outdoor (3). I also buy from ebay and get excellent prices. I have one of those presses (try not to over tighten, small metal shaving will come off the press) still a good press. I am interested in that wash machine, looking forward to the reports. Love Hash!

I'm ready for Game 3.

Oh Hell Yeah! Big football weekend coming up!
UCLA is coming into town this weekend for a 2:30 kick vs The Horns.
A buddy brought me a few pounds of cleaned and ready to cook wild doves for the tailgate. Cant decide if i want to have a fryer going and deep fry them along with everything else in site (chicken, shrimp, taters, twinkies, oreos, beer, shoes, etc) or kabob the little birds on the grill. i've been wanting to get my fry on so I'll probably go with that. Rumor has it that another buddy might be coming up from the Bayou with some fresh gator meat. It does'nt get any better than fried gator on a stick! :smokin:

I am a newbie, in my second indoor (7 plants) outdoor (3). I also buy from ebay and get excellent prices. I have one of those presses (try not to over tighten, small metal shaving will come off the press) still a good press. I am interested in that wash machine, looking forward to the reports. Love Hash!
Yeah ebay rocks for finding deals. I have a motto that i refuse to pay inflated retail prices for anything, especially for growing gear. I constantly scour ebay and craigslist looking for gear to use and resell for profit which subsidizes my grow. I also work the used hi end golf gear angle for nice profits to pay for my grow since my herb is not for sale.
One thing you dont want to buy off ebay is a used ph or ppm meter. I've been burned twice now on meters that were improperly stored and or used by growers who dont know how delicate those devices truly are.

Nice grow and journal!

Yeah ebay rocks for finding deals. I have a motto that i refuse to pay inflated retail prices for anything, especially for growing gear. I constantly scour ebay and craigslist looking for gear to use and resell for profit which subsidizes my grow. I also work the used hi end golf gear angle for nice profits to pay for my grow since my herb is not for sale.
One thing you dont want to buy off ebay is a used ph or ppm meter. I've been burned twice now on meters that were improperly stored and or used by growers who dont know how delicate those devices truly are.

I am with you 100% on shopping around. Some thing you have to buy new.

bandit, did you happen to do a mold control test? maybe a similar dish with no mycillium around would have the same results...?

I know on mythbusters they always have a hell of a time with any petri experiments until they do it in actual lab conditions.

Thanks for the C02 test, ive never seen anyone actually post results for mycillium.

Hey bandit! Just stopping by. Finally all caught up with your grow.

- I wonder what mold was found in that petri dish. I understand that is a question we couldn't answer without lots of money in testing equipment. Maybe a local lab? We breathe in tons of mold and fungus with every breathe, but only "x" amount is dangerous at all. Just a thought.

Also with your t-press... where did you purchase it? I just have not had the best of luck with any of those hard plastic inserts. They usually work decent for one-two runs then just kind of get gunky. Maybe keeping rubbing alcohol near to clean them between uses? Also a little canola oil (droplet) or hemp oil seems to help extract the hash.

Not sure how helpful this is, but this is the press I've been using for about a year now. Has worked great, only complaint is the "puck" size (about the size of a dime).

Ultimate Clay Extruder - Stainless Steel Edition

And hats off to ya for the most entertaining grow journal I've read in awhile!

Back
Top Bottom