Seriously unimpressed with a lot of the advice I am reading on here

I'm fairly certain we already have a credibility rating system and it's the fancy titles some members have under their names.

well, hmmmm, unfortunately that is not completely correct

you can use , no, pardon me,,

i can use any words i like,, but,, those tittles under the names can be bot,, plain and simple

it is so completely obvious that some folks chase the coveted motm like a medal of ungodly honour.

any use suspect measures to obtain it,, cuz

that's why they're member of the month and i'm not,, right em?

all too easy to see the ones chasin it,,

some folks actually 'earn' it,,

used to anyway

I try to give advice. But when I don't know I @ somebody I know who can help. People like Emilya, In The Shed, Mr Sauga, Pennywise, etc. Usually this works out well.
But more often then not, It seems the OP's ask for help & when you offer it to them they want to tell you, No, that's not it.

LOL there are those who do treat this forum like a popularity contest because they have no friends and those who give out advice even though they never got past the reading stage and then there are those whos actual job it is to troll around on these boards to gather peoples personal info for their investigations ...and they have to blend in...which becomes obvious because they are clueless about growing yet spend their entire day here and are more concerned with making friends and generating leads than sharing knowledge or helping others.

Stick around and youll learn who to just ignore....

BTW you should always evaluate resources for credibility ...I doubt a "like" voting system is a good way to do that. "Member of the month" doesnt mean they have a degree in horticulture it means they are here a lot and take good pics and put the sponsors in their journal posts.

I just don't enjoy arguments with narcissist personalities, so I have given up on offering advice.
Sad but true I have better things to do
You know every ego-driven grower here is wondering right now if THEY are the ones being pointed at for giving bad advice.
:blunt:
I find that bad advice fairly easy to navigate. Everything here is being discussed from a different person's point of view, and different growing situation. Not many growers are going to possess the exact advice I'm after, because I'm in a unique situation that only I know all the details of. I appreciate the growers that take that into consideration, and not just give "one-size-fits-all" advice. Nothing about growing cannabis fits everyone, or else we'd all do it the same.
I've been growing since the 90's but I wouldn't even take my own advice from 10 years ago.
There are 100,000+ opinions on here, not every one is going to be pleasing to read.

But for those inexperienced growers who insist on giving advice, there are plenty of newbs over on reddit to train up, with much simpler questions like this (my recent favorite)-

Screenshot_2020-12-01 r cannabiscultivation - when to top .png

I'm taking about trying to truly help a new grower and basically get corrected by someone else who wasn't even in the conversation. That's totally unnecessary and counterproductive. Imo
You know every ego-driven grower here is wondering right now if THEY are the ones being pointed at for giving bad advice.
:blunt:
I find that bad advice fairly easy to navigate. Everything here is being discussed from a different person's point of view, and different growing situation. Not many growers are going to possess the exact advice I'm after, because I'm in a unique situation that only I know all the details of. I appreciate the growers that take that into consideration, and not just give "one-size-fits-all" advice. Nothing about growing cannabis fits everyone, or else we'd all do it the same.
I've been growing since the 90's but I wouldn't even take my own advice from 10 years ago.
There are 100,000+ opinions on here, not every one is going to be pleasing to read.

But for those inexperienced growers who insist on giving advice, there are plenty of newbs over on reddit to train up, with much simpler questions like this (my recent favorite)-

Back
Top Bottom