Shotta's Cloning Tutorial

Here’s day 10 from taking clones. I feel like day 7 they would have all rooted if temps were a little warmer. But day 10 and all have rooted with one not showing roots out of the plug but it’s definitely rooted in the plug.
hope everyone is having a good weekend

Here’s day 10 from taking clones. I feel like day 7 they would have all rooted if temps were a little warmer. But day 10 and all have rooted with one not showing roots out of the plug but it’s definitely rooted in the plug.
hope everyone is having a good weekend
That Icy Hot is a damn nice strain, didn't notice the color of the stem until now, only saw that it had darker color on the leaves in your journal.. Rly rly nice.

And of course, thanks for the update!!

Nice tutorial added to the site Shotta! I added it to my sig.
:thanks:
Hey thank you MrSauga I felt like giving the most simple approach to it would help anyone that’s getting started taking clones. I remember when I first took cuts it was a serious procedure now it’s just snip and dip and the results are solid.
hope your having a nice weekend

Hey thank you MrSauga I felt like giving the most simple approach to it would help anyone that’s getting started taking clones. I remember when I first took cuts it was a serious procedure now it’s just snip and dip and the results are solid.
hope your having a nice weekend
It is simple and one of the reasons I like it so much. New growers don't want to fuss with a lot of extra steps or work when it can be done cheap and simple.
Kudos again!

I think it can make a difference, especially with the cold nights we still have here. Helping to keep the temprature leveled for sure.

You know what? I just remembered/realized that, during the most successful cloning "session", I put something over my humidity-dome during the lights-off hours. I used an old never-use-it-anyway leather jacket and it worked excellently to keep the temperature stable. This variable (temperature) is the most difficult for me due to the cold weather where I live.

Thanks again for your tutorial @shottafire .

It is simple and one of the reasons I like it so much. New growers don't want to fuss with a lot of extra steps or work when it can be done cheap and simple.
Kudos again!
Same here!!
Focus on the basics: temperature, humidity and light.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
POC (Proof-of-Concept)
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Below is a GorillaGlue top shoot (aka terminal bud, apical bud) rooted with same method as @shottafire uses.

Photo is 13 days after the cutting/clone was taken.

20200226_201909.jpeg

Hey shotta great videos!
When do u suggest rewetting the plugs?
Thanks man I’m glad you found the videos helpful.
It will all depend on environment. But after a few days of the dome being on and vents fully closed check them. You don’t want them soaking wet. I like to wait for the plugs to change from the dark color they are when wet to the lighter shade of brown. Once your at that point it’s a good time to remoisten the plug. I just mix up a gallon of some lightly charged nutrient mix and dunk them in the water gently squeezing the plug under water. When you pull it out of water give another gentle squeeze to get the excess water out of plug. Remember to encourage the roots to shoot you want to keep them from having too much water. If too wet you will likely lose some to the stem rotting and they will take much longer to root if they do.
If you have any more questions give me a shout @780grow

Thanks man I’m glad you found the videos helpful.
It will all depend on environment. But after a few days of the dome being on and vents fully closed check them. You don’t want them soaking wet. I like to wait for the plugs to change from the dark color they are when wet to the lighter shade of brown. Once your at that point it’s a good time to remoisten the plug. I just mix up a gallon of some lightly charged nutrient mix and dunk them in the water gently squeezing the plug under water. When you pull it out of water give another gentle squeeze to get the excess water out of plug. Remember to encourage the roots to shoot you want to keep them from having too much water. If too wet you will likely lose some to the stem rotting and they will take much longer to root if they do.
If you have any more questions give me a shout @780grow

Dome is 90% humidity and peat pods are fairly light. I didnt use the same plugs as what you used.
With these peat pods it is a good idea to squeeze it after i dunk in water? Seems like the pressure of the squeeze would damage the stem and any small root development?

20200402_100625.jpg20200402_100637.jpg

Dome is 90% humidity and peat pods are fairly light. I didnt use the same plugs as what you used.
With these peat pods it is a good idea to squeeze it after i dunk in water? Seems like the pressure of the squeeze would damage the stem and any small root development?

20200402_100625.jpg20200402_100637.jpg
Don’t squeeze the peat pellets. I would use a little pipette dropper like a 5 ml and give it just enough to saturate. Your exactly right you don’t want to squeeze those whatever you do. That would basically suffocate the clone and rooting might not occur. How long have they been since cutting? @780grow

Don’t squeeze the peat pellets. I would use a little pipette dropper like a 5 ml and give it just enough to saturate. Your exactly right you don’t want to squeeze those whatever you do. That would basically suffocate the clone and rooting might not occur. How long have they been since cutting? @780grow

Cut and cloned last thursday so 1 week.
Okay ill throw 5ml in them then

Cut and cloned last thursday so 1 week.
Okay ill throw 5ml in them then
It will likely need a bit more than 5 ml and you need to feed them something so when roots pop there’s something for them to uptake. 1/4 strength nutrients at least. What nutrients do you have to feed them?

It will likely need a bit more than 5 ml and you need to feed them something so when roots pop there’s something for them to uptake. 1/4 strength nutrients at least. What nutrients do you have to feed them?

I have mega crop and green planet 3 part nutrients available...not sure if any of these are beneficial for them?

I have mega crop and green planet 3 part nutrients available...not sure if any of these are beneficial for them?
Either one should do. I am not familiar with mega crop but it will work. The three part will work as well. Ideally you would want it close to 1.0 ec with either of them.

Awesome! Thanks shotta! Hope all is well in your world!
No worries bruv. Thank you! Wishing you and your family all the best during coronageddon. Stay safe and stay 10 feet away from the rando’s.
One love

Back
Top Bottom