Should new members with less than 50 post be allowed to vote?

I was just thinking......

Is it fair to allow new members, with less than lets say 50 posts, be allowed to vote on contests? The reason i bring this up is because entries to competitions stand to win kudos and prizes, therefore it is enevitable that some people will try to cheat.

I am in no way insinuating anyone i know has done this nor am i pointing finger at anyone. But it is curious to see new members voting for each other in contests. I think it is fairer that the established members get a fair shot at winning contests without people getting there friends to join the site just to vote for them.

Interested to here what anyone else thinks and what the admins think?

Thanks guys :peace:

Is it fair to allow new members, with less than lets say 50 posts, be allowed to vote on contests? The reason i bring this up is because entries to competitions stand to win kudos and prizes, therefore it is enevitable that some people will try to cheat.

I am in no way insinuating anyone i know has done this nor am i pointing finger at anyone. But it is curious to see new members voting for each other in contests. I think it is fairer that the established members get a fair shot at winning contests without people getting there friends to join the site just to vote for them.

I am with you on this. I also do not know of any cheating but I think this would eliminate some if it was going on and further it will increase our numbers and hopefully get people to fight for MMJ everywhere.

I agree with you guys. It does seem odd that one can't PM someone without having 50 posts, but they can vote. We have seen dishonesty in the past...

might be a good idea.
.But I think there are many members here that have less than 50 posts that have been here for 6 months or maybe over a year..

So maybe, the time the person has been a member should come into play.. ..

Are You able to see who the votes are coming from? Are there lots of new folks voting this month?

Im new here...So I say this with respect...

Do you mean, a member with 50 posts wouldn't ask friends to join this site?
Or
Do you mean New members (like me) are not trust worthy?

seems kinda that way...that why im asking

Edit to add; Im high.....lol ;)

I not saying just because someone doesnt have 50 posts that they are cheating. I just saying wen new members vote in comps its hard to know if they've joined just to vote for friends. Theres nothing wrong with voting for friends if members are contributing to the forums, afterall thats what this is. Ofcourse there are those who just read through and learn, i myself did that for a long time. I just think certain privelidges should be earnt by involving ones self in the community. As already stated u cant pm without 50 posts and it doesnt take long to post 50 times.

I'am a noobie, but before I voted I read the journals of the members that have been nominated. I have read so many journals and I have learned alot from what I have read. I would just like to thank everyone for the great information that has been posted and the articles that have yet to be written.
Thank You!

Isn't the point of the contests to reward those that are on here helping others? The number of posts, although a good indicator of a persons value as a member, really isn't the total criteria because many people merely respond to a post with a comment, like "I agree" or something else, short and without any value other than letting us know your'e alive. The quality of someone's advice based on EXPERIENCE is what is important and thus the voting is where the rewards come to play. IDK, I have been on here a little less than a year and didn't come here to win prizes, but rather came here to learn more. I have been rewarded with this and have gotten plenty. I don't need free stuff although I'm not an idiot and would love to win stuff, but that's not my motivation to share. I do so to help save someone from doing something stupid that I have already done. :circle-of-love:

Funny you shoul post this as I just joined a few days ago and just voted and was thinking the same thing. Maybe 50 is a bit high but 10 sounds about right. Just my 2 cents

Relaxed Leester
420 Member

Cutting a clone that has pistils on it?
My mother plant is pretty late into flowering, and I'm in the process of pruning/cutting the lower portions of the plant. I have tried to make clones using big fan leaves, or mid-sized fan leaves, and they kept dying. So I have been taking some lower cuttings that have semi-woody stems ( about 2-6 inches in all ), and there is a center region where pistils were forming and there was going to be a little popcorn nug. Do these ones work out OK for cloning?

I found this posted today, just thought I would share. Now do you really think that 50 is enough? Just saying

Hi guys,

As the one who runs the monthly/yearly contests I just wanted you all to know that I check out each contest winner when the voting is completed (sometimes before if someone's current results look suspicious). If it looks like someone is cheating or has cheated, I will catch them. We have had people who've tried to cheat in the past, they were caught and disqualified. Also, if one is caught cheating, it's an automatic disqualification from all future contests, forever.

Also, just some food for thought; some of the current "established" members were once newbie voters and competitors with less than 50 posts themselves. ;)

:Namaste:

Relaxed Leester
420 Member

Cutting a clone that has pistils on it?
My mother plant is pretty late into flowering, and I'm in the process of pruning/cutting the lower portions of the plant. I have tried to make clones using big fan leaves, or mid-sized fan leaves, and they kept dying. So I have been taking some lower cuttings that have semi-woody stems ( about 2-6 inches in all ), and there is a center region where pistils were forming and there was going to be a little popcorn nug. Do these ones work out OK for cloning?

I found this posted today, just thought I would share. Now do you really think that 50 is enough? Just saying

Lol simply put!

Hi guys,

As the one who runs the monthly/yearly contests I just wanted you all to know that I check out each contest winner when the voting is completed (sometimes before if someone's current results look suspicious). If it looks like someone is cheating or has cheated, I will catch them. We have had people who've tried to cheat in the past, they were caught and disqualified. Also, if one is caught cheating, it's an automatic disqualification from all future contests, forever.

Also, just some food for thought; some of the current "established" members were once newbie voters and competitors with less than 50 posts themselves. ;)

:Namaste:

I appreciate that u scout for cheats and keep contests fair. And im certain u do a great job. And yes Alot of established members were noobs on here once. All im trying to get across is that it could be a fairer process and also encourage people to engage with the forums more. Maybe i look into things too deeply, it has been known.....lol

We are in good hands with 420girl.

Hey 420 girl I would have PM you but I can't so I'll just ask you here. Is there a way for you to see if the person voting has read the resent journals by the person being nominated? thanks.

I appreciate that u scout for cheats and keep contests fair. And im certain u do a great job. And yes Alot of established members were noobs on here once. All im trying to get across is that it could be a fairer process and also encourage people to engage with the forums more. Maybe i look into things too deeply, it has been known.....lol

This is the site my wife reads...I belong to another...but have read many posts here in the couple years I have been growing

You Have encoraged me to contribute to this forum..
Its hard for me to get used to this site.....But I have been reading and I just posted A grow journal
I have only been growing 2 years ..so Im not an expert by anymeans..
But I love this Plant!

So .... now you are an adult. You decide you want to register to vote. You go down to your local voting center to cast your vote. But, the man at the door says "you haven't been a registered voter for at least 5 presidential elections" .... and he won't let you vote. Would that piss you off??

I am a new member. But, I am a member. Don't I have the same rights on this site as ever other member. If I have to wait till i'm a "good 'ol boy" before I am accepted into or allowed to participate in an open forum ....... then it IS NOT an open forum.

Back
Top Bottom