Should Contest Voting Be Anonymous or Transparent?

Should Contest Voting Be Anonymous or Transparent?

• Anonymous

Votes: 55 59.8%
  • Transparent

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Maybe

You give the voter the option to vote transparent, or click a tab to vote anonymous.

That alleviates issues from both sides.

The staff still knows who voted.

Boowho, anonymous, , Jimmy Hat, anonymous, poop daddy, anonymous
Thank you for the idea, unfortunately not possible with our software.

You could also boost interaction with your users by building some kinda interaction point system. Gaining points by voting, posting, uploading, being consistent. Resets ever 90days.

Users can redeem the points on 420 store for seeds, discounts-coupons, merchandise, sponsors products, yearly lottery, etc

It was a tough choice, but I voted for anonymous. I like the idea of secret ballots.

I think it would be cool to have at least one contest category for outdoor grows, since these are two very different worlds... indoor and outdoor.

I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not so sure.

Anonymity is fine, people do vote transparently, in government or the United Nations, but there you do get cliques, factions and a dearth of decision making.

So yeah anonymous. Its the only one I haven’t voted for so far 😂

It was a tough choice, but I voted for anonymous. I like the idea of secret ballots.

I think it would be cool to have at least one contest category for outdoor grows, since these are two very different worlds... indoor and outdoor.
In a perfect world. 6 contests a month is already more than we can handle with the workload and finances that fund it. Weed have to replace another contest to make it happen.

Thank you for your vote!

Being Transparent is about sincerity, honesty, real vulnerability, fierce conversations, grace, humility, composure and being true to one's self. Transparent leaders are authentic and deliver their brand of honesty with respect and concern for others. There are no hidden agendas. Information is shared openly, yet appropriately.

Hello everyone, I also never thought that I could win any contest here at 420 magazine, but in the end I managed to win the photo of the month of August. And it is a fact that she is anonymous and, on top of all that, she is elected by the employees, so there might be something to it. My opinion is that a lot of people don't want to see who they voted for so as not to upset one of their friends on the forum. Although I don't really understand it, everyone should be able to have their opinion, and if participation in competitions increases, if it becomes anonymous, then why not? Transparency can influence a lot of people in who they end up voting for. That's just my opinion 😉

I voted for transparency largely because I'm wary of anonymity in general
I don't really understand why anyone would get stroppy over who voted for what, but then I don't get why anyone would go to the trouble of trying to cheat either
Scurrilous behaviour seems the lesser of the two negatives, so I've changed my vote

I’m not sure if you’ve affirmed this or not but sending out multiple alerts the way @InTheShed said is a good idea. I completely missed that year end voting was happening, and I’ve also missed the last few months as well.

Part of the problem is, I get drowned in notifications. Every time I login I have 25+, and if I don’t login for a day I’ll come back to 100+ notifications. I try to get through them all but I miss them from time to time and I am almost positive other members here deal with similar. (I’m not complaining about the numbers, just illustrating that it’s very easy to miss an alert)

I’m not sure if you’ve affirmed this or not but sending out multiple alerts the way @InTheShed said is a good idea. I completely missed that year end voting was happening, and I’ve also missed the last few months as well.

Part of the problem is, I get drowned in notifications. Every time I login I have 25+, and if I don’t login for a day I’ll come back to 100+ notifications. I try to get through them all but I miss them from time to time and I am almost positive other members here deal with similar. (I’m not complaining about the numbers, just illustrating that it’s very easy to miss an alert)
Its a shame there's not a way of 420 pinning important alerts to the top of the list so they aren't missed.

Its a shame there's not a way of 420 pinning important alerts to the top of the list so they aren't missed.

It would help.. The header alert on the main page is helpful when they post stuff there but I also understand that it’s extremely valuable real estate that can’t be solely dedicated to something that strains the resources of the administration

This is the “header alert” I was referring to

IMG_7365.jpeg

@Keffka - with you. I get way too many notifications so I tend to just use Subscribed Threads. I should probably see if I can change it to no notifications for Like/Haha/Wow/Sad and only tags/replies.

@Roy Growin 100% on the wtf? 😂

@Melville Hobbes - I get alerts to the introduce yourself section. Not sure how - maybe just by posting there when I did my own? I wonder (its probably blocked for staff only) if you posted a thread in Contests the system would watch it.

@Keffka - with you. I get way too many notifications so I tend to just use Subscribed Threads. I should probably see if I can change it to no notifications for Like/Haha/Wow/Sad and only tags/replies.
It's in your profile settings. You can choose not to see notifications for reactions to your posts.

Thank you for the opportunity to address the contests. :)

The contest are both tough and fun at the same time for me.:hmmmm:
Being a little socially awkward at times. I would not participate at first, mainly because I didn't want to choose one friend over another. Then after getting past that, there are so many worthy choices, and as mentioned earlier by another, I would have liked to pick three not one.

I am choosing transparency, because deep within my soul, I believe shining a light on any adult situation is the best choice in the long run. We just have to look at the situation with some maturity and grace. It is a contest, a game, and nobody is really losing anything regardless of the outcome.

I will vote my choice, and hope my friends don't take offense.:)

PS Personally, I would like to have a chance at winning Plant of the Month, with one of my multi plant scrogs.:rolleyes: It's just about impossible to highlight one plant when all the branches get mixed on the screen.:hmmmm::oops:

Go 420 Magazine:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom