SHRuuM's 2nd Journal - Skunk - Morpheus - Early Miss - Trainwreck - NL - Etc

Hey man, looking good over here! Just stopping in to say hi before work, I have been pretty busy and slacking on getting around to my journals! I'm sure them seedling will be loving the new space to get their legs stretching out and searching for water :) More roots, more plant, more buds :) Keep up the good work, I will be back again when I have some more time on my hands!

Thanks man appreciate the kind words. I'm hoping for a much better result now that improvements have been made. The 6 seedlings will be moving over soon but in the mean time I just couldn't keep from messing with them so they all got topped and a couple of them twice.:smokin: Morpheus and Skunk are loving the new home and cooler temps. They too have been clipped a couple of times, and I hope they're girls, but no worries, I'll do a little cross breeding and see what happens. Bwa hahahahahahahahaaa

Skunk_and_Mrpheus_3rd_clipping.jpg

Hey again Shrum! The morpheus and skunk would be an interesting breeding project :) I am sure you will end up with some females in the bunch though as well so you will at least have some good buds to smoke! Good to hear you indulged in some topping on them as well, always great results doing this and easy to train. Keep up the good work my friend!

Yesterday was a busy day. After laying in supplies I started mixing up soil for the new seedlings home. To refresh:
3 gal of Happy Frog
1 gal of coco
1 gal of perlite
2 cups of worm casings
2/3 cups of lime
2 TBSPS of polymers

After several hours of mixing and transferring seedlings this was the results.
repotted_seedlings_7-25.jpg

All the seedlings got a thorough soaking in plain well water at 6.5 PH. No nutes were added, since there are enough natural nutes in the formula. Next week after they get acclimated to their new homes, they will get a light dosage of goodies. Also all the girls were topped once again and are now in the tent under a Mars Hydro 144 Reflector, on 18/6 hour light cycle.
So now that the dust has settled and the nursery room is off, we have 8 plants going in a 2x4 tent. Here's the inventory:
1 Skunk
1 Morpheus
1 Zeus
These 3 are regular seeds so male/female is unknown at this time
1 Northern Light
2 Early Miss
2 Trainwrecks
Of course these 5 are feminized/autos. But as we all know from last time any of these girls can be boys as well.
So now all are in their new home and ready to be tortured, uh, lightly stressed trained.:)
seedlings_new_home_7-25.jpg

Its been a week since I did anything to the plants so today was project day. I noticed the end plants leaning in so I purchased a Mars Reflector 48 to fill the bill.
Mars_Reflector_48.jpg

I also bought a 1 foot extension for the tent since I could see I would need more head room in the near future, 1 week of growth was pretty spectacular, so modifications were in order. While I was tearing the tent down for a rebuild I gave the girls their first taste of nutes. Each plant was given 4 cups of nutes.
The formula is:
1 ml of Rapid Start for root promotion
2 ml of Golden Tree
2 ml of Cal Mag
1 ml of Pro Silicate
6 tsp of Big Bloom by Fox Farm
2 tsp of Grow Big by Fox Farm

After which they got to sit out in the sun for a few hours and enjoy the daylight while I toiled on the tent.:)
They were all clipped of fan leaves for better lighting penetration but its hard to tell that I did anything at all.

clipped_and_fed_8_7_16.jpg

The 4 autos were showing signs of their future buds. This is just a sample of how all 4 girls were looking.
EMA_auto_female.jpg

I'm not sure about the sex of the Skunk, Morpheus and Zeus yet but for now they are looking promising. I really won't know until they go into the 12/12 cycle next month. Here's hoping for the best.:Namaste:

Today I finished the last 2 improvements to the tent. I installed a little flex duct to bring the fresh are down on the lights and plants. Then with a little material found around the barn a SCROG was built and put into place. Now with all the improvements, its time to sit back and watch the ladies grow.:yahoo::allgood:

SCROG50.jpg

Looks like you've been busy shruum. That tent scrog unit is perfect. Not sure about how and where to place the screen, but it looks like it's already going to work holding up those plants. You've put your blood, sweat and tears into this and it shows. Great job Shruum :bravo: your plants are looking Green and healthy.

Have I not subbed up for this yet, where are my manners... May a grab a seat, Sir? Preferably one with a glimpse of tent. Goodluck Brother Shruum, and...

KiG :green_heart:Cheers

Edit: by the way... Sick light:high-five:

Looks like you've been busy shruum. That tent scrog unit is perfect. Not sure about how and where to place the screen, but it looks like it's already going to work holding up those plants. You've put your blood, sweat and tears into this and it shows. Great job Shruum :bravo: your plants are looking Green and healthy.

Have I not subbed up for this yet, where are my manners... May a grab a seat, Sir? Preferably one with a glimpse of tent. Goodluck Brother Shruum, and...

KiG :green_heart:Cheers

Edit: by the way... Sick light:high-five:

Grab a chair my mentor brother, and welcome aboard. :welcome: You and OS were the inspiration on the seedling room and tent, soil set up. I was a little leery about the LEDS but after seeing the results from many other journals, it was the way to go. Heat is no longer an issue and it shows on the growth of the plants.:allgood: As for the screen, it was just implemented a couple of hours ago and I'm sure there will be adjustments, that's why I suspended the screen with strings so the unit can go up, or down when needed. I appreciate you sitting in and hope you dig what you see in the coming weeks. Welcome aboard tell your friends to come on over and fire one up.:popcorn::ganjamon:

Its been 5 days since the plants were watered with nutes and a scrog placed over them. Every day this week I've been routing and re-routing branches for optimal growth and light placement. According to my moister gauge the plants were getting dry, so using the formula above I gave them another dose of nutes, and everybody seems pleased. They are growing like, uhh, weeds.:)
Total time of growth is 3 weeks on the autos and 5 weeks on Skunk, Morpheus and Zeus.

1st_week_in_SCROG.jpg

:Namaste::popcorn::yummy:Yo yo yo SHRuuM
How did I miss this grow..it's like dijavu. .just beautiful. .
Subbed up now. .
Gonna really enjoy this one..
A grow I can truly relate too..
Peace Brother:goodjob:

It's only been 4 days since they were fed last, but, the gauge said they were thirsty so they got fed a new formula. I dropped out the silicone and substituted vitamin B-1. This will also be their last feed of Rapid Start root enhancers and Golden Tree. They've been getting 4 cups each of nutes poured VERY slowly around the edge of the pots. The formula this time to 1 gallon of water is:
5 ml of Golden Tree
2 ml of Rapid Start
3 ml of Cal-Mag
5 ml of Vitamin B-1
6 TBSP of Big Bloom
3 TBSP of Grow Big
6.30 PH

I raised the SCROG a few inches and the autos are showing their future blooms. The Sativa's [on the far left] are just growing and waiting on the time change later next month.

2nd_week_in_SCROG.jpg

Here's a top view and you can see the promise of things to come. :Namaste: It doesn't look like it, but I have been trimming the plants quite a bit.

2nd_week_in_SCROG_top_view.jpg

Considering how young these plants are [Sativa's 5 weeks, Autos 3.5 weeks] the growth and greenery are marvelous.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey there Shrum! This grow is looking absolutely great! I am away on vacation and thought I would pop in to see how things were going and wow, what a change! You seem to have this locked down now, all plants under the scrog now, great job! I can't wait to see what is happening the next time I pop in, I will be home in september so I'm sure there will be big things happening here :) Keep up the good work!

Hey there Shrum! This grow is looking absolutely great! I am away on vacation and thought I would pop in to see how things were going and wow, what a change! You seem to have this locked down now, all plants under the scrog now, great job! I can't wait to see what is happening the next time I pop in, I will be home in september so I'm sure there will be big things happening here :) Keep up the good work!

Glad you could make it.:cheer: By the time you get back they will probably be starting their 12/12 cycle and then the real fun begins with the Sativa's. Since I'm counting on 1 of them to be a male[dear gawd NOT all 3] collecting pollen and then cross pollinating
with the autos will be exciting to see what comes of the smoke later down the line.:yummy:
Good luck with vacation time and be safe and stoney.:tokin:

Hello and welcome to a weekly update. Everyone got fed some nice nutes today and they all seem to be flourishing nicely. I'm getting some stretching from the TrainWreck, Northern Light and Zeus. Morpheus is staying low and producing big fat wide leaves compared to all the others' thinner leaves. I had to raise the lights about 5 inches to accommodate the growth spurt. The Early Miss' are starting to get nice fat buds. The Sativa's have passed the 7 week mark and the autos just turned 1 month. Seems that all is going according to schedule and will get a change at the 1st of next month when the light goes to 12/12 and nutes will be changed to flowering formula. I've also upped the dosage to 6 cups since 4 was waaay to little. The formula this week is:
3 ml of Rapid Start :morenutes:
5 ml of Cal-Mag
5 ml of Vitamin B-1
6 TBSP of Big Bloom
3 TBSP of Grow Big :morenutes:
6.30 PH

Here's a top shot and how they are placed starting from back row left to right, Skunk, Morpheus, Early Miss and Early Miss. The front row left to right is, Zeus, TrainWreck, Northern Light, and TrainWreck.
Top_View_8-22-16.jpg

This is Early Miss taking up the back corner and filling out well.
EMA_8-22-16.jpg

TrainWreck
TWA_8-22-16.jpg

And finally the stretchy twins Trainwreck on left, 23 inches tall, and Northern Light 21 inches tall, on the right.
TWA_NLA_8-22-16.jpg

Temps are remaining between 76 degrees to 81 degrees and humidity ranges between 48% to 55% depending on time of day and the spritzing of the plants. Glad you came by for a look see and hope you can see over Snid's head since he's front and center hogging the view.:rofl:

Thanks for stopping by:thanks::welcome:

This week's update is all about prepping for the flowering change over, later this week on the 1st. The plants were given just water, no nutes, with a ph of 6.5. The scrog, and lights were raised since the growth is pretty strong. I also switched on the "flowering" lights on the Mars Hydro reflector 122 and 98. Later this week the sweating will begin to see which, if any or all, of the Sativa's start to show signs of being males and have to be banished outdoors to finish out and pollen to be collected for cross breeding. Here's a couple of pics......

This is a TrainWreck bud
TWA_bud_8-29-16.jpg

Early Miss in the corner doing quite well
EMA_8-29-16.jpg

Top view of the scrog
raised_scrog_8-29-16.jpg

And last but not least an update pic of the seeds collected from the Early Miss breeding in my previous journal. One EMA turned out to be a male so using the "brown bag" technique, I pollinated another EMA. Now my question for those in the know, will these seeds be 50/50 male female, or auto feminized? I should also mention these seeds came from one small, lower bud and there was NO contamination of any other buds. A small success in my book.:cheesygrinsmiley:
EMA_seeds_8-29-16.jpg

Your seeds will be a toss up male or female. I did the same with my auto lemon skunk male and my female plants. I haven't grown any to maturity yet, but they are viable. But the science says 50/50, you just have to plant more..

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Your seeds will be a toss up male or female. I did the same with my auto lemon skunk male and my female plants. I haven't grown any to maturity yet, but they are viable. But the science says 50/50, you just have to plant more..

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Yeah that's what I thought. I was just hoping since they were both auto/fem that I might get lucky.:wood:

Time for weekly update, thanks for dropping by to see the progress.:welcome::thanks:

The Mars lights had teir "flowering" lights turned on and the time duration was shortened on the 1st to 13/11 hours on and off. Their feed was also switched to flower mode as well. The new formula is:
5 ml of Thrive Alive B-1 vitamins
5 ml of Cal-Mag
3 tsp of Big Bloom
2 tsp of Grow Big
2 tsp of Tiger Bloom
6 cups each at a ph of 6.25

The Zeus is showing signs of being a male. He/she [haven't given up hope yet] shot up over 6 inches in a week with big inter node lengths. I've clipped it pretty good and will give it a day or two before being banished to the great outdoors for pollen collection.
Zeus_9-3-16.jpg

TrainWreck is doing wonderful and the smell is divine.
TrainWreck_9-3-16.jpg

The other girls are fine and growing great with no problems so far.
The_autos_9-3-16.jpg

Here's a shot of some clippings. Notice the upper right, above the clippers, Zeus' huge fan leaf on the left and Morpheus' smaller fatter leaf on the right. Right now the Morpheus is a smaller, squat plant with lots of promise.

Zeus_Morpheus_clippings_9-3-16.jpg

I will update soon depending on Zeus it might be sooner than I want.:hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom