SimonDetroits Modified Stinkbud Grow

Re: simondetroit Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow" (Bluberry Hash, NLxSK and Sharksbreath)

Well two days from now was gonna be one of the best days yet. I had planned to harvest 2 of my 4 flowering racks.
rsz_00215.jpg

I gotta admit things have been going pretty good. My plan was to harvest the rack in the photo above which is really only 4 plants, 3 DNAGenetics Sharksbreath and one Dinafem Blueberry/Hash plant. From there I still have 2 more racks in full bloom at 5 weeks. Once harvested I have 20 vegging plants to refill the 2 racks after I clean them out really good.

Long story short.......Last night I was in the room and was looking at one of the racks that is in its 5th week. I dug down deep into the foilage and took a look at the middle plant. I noticed a TON of seeds!!! However there was a nice bud/cola on top of the plant. Then I took a look at the other plants in the rack and noticed the same thing!!!
rsz_00319.jpg

rsz_00610.jpg

From there I noticed that acouple of the plants that were to be harvested in a couple days were starting to show signs of immature seeds! It really seems like this shit happened overnight. But I know it didnt. It's my fault for not checking things out better down below. I have checked each plant individually and have seen signs of pollination on almost all of the 5 week old plants. What a nightmare. So far I have emptied out one whole rack. What a waste of time,money and energy.\
rsz_0303.jpg

Re: simondetroit Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow" (Bluberry Hash, NLxSK and Sharksbreath)

rsz_00710.jpg

This really sucks. I have 4 patients and the harvest of the 2 mature flower racks will get them by (with a few seeds) this month but now my entire cycle is gonna be fuct. Not to mention I still don't really know how this mess got started. I obviously had some hermies, or one hermie to start? I've been doing a ton of work in the room using a green head lamp. Plus I modified my veg room and it wasnt/isnt 100% light tight. I kinda just felt invincible since the first two flowering racks behaved perfect.
rsz_028.jpg

TOmorrow I will chop the remaining plants that are at 5 weeks and then I'll harvest the other two racks and post some picts. I can't stop thinking about what a fucking moron I am. All that time I spend in that room and never noticed? Now instead of having a fresh harvest of awesome bud, 2 racks/30 plants at 5 weeks into flowering and 2 new racks/30 more plants going into week 1 of flower I will actually have a harvest of weed with seeds, a contaminated room and 30 vegging plants that I dont know if there stable or not.

Most of the buds on the other two racks must have benn far enough along before they got polliinated. They look fine for the most part.
rsz_00318.jpg

However there is one plant that had some really compact tight weird looking buds that I noticed a couple of weeks ago. But after much inspection I didnt see any seeds/bananas. Here is a pict of it:
rsz_0147.jpg

Well thats enough crying for tonite. I'll be back tomorrow to do some more.........

Dont sweat it man, had something strange happen as well. Could never understand it, thought maybe it was the heat or cold stress cause mine to go to the other side (stealth grow).
Yours though-dude you got it goin on! Nice set up, maybe it was one plant, it only takes one male to do the job. Keep going and dont give up :goodluck:

Have you been flushing? How often? I'm sure you mentioned this in youre initial posts but I dont remember
Yea I run straight water for a day about every 7 to 10 days when I change nutes. Come to find out I think my problem the whole time has been root rot not a nitrogen diff my dwc buckets are doing even worse than when i was running the stink system. I just dont get why its all ok in veg then 3 weeks after i put them in flower all hell breaks lose. I feel your pain on time and money after 5 1/2 months i have only harvested 10oz of mid grade meds :( I might go soil if i cant get a handle on hydro soon cant spend any more money right now. I know a water chiller would take care of most the issues I think just cant afford one.

Dont sweat it man, had something strange happen as well. Could never understand it, thought maybe it was the heat or cold stress cause mine to go to the other side (stealth grow).
Yours though-dude you got it goin on! Nice set up, maybe it was one plant, it only takes one male to do the job. Keep going and dont give up :goodluck:

Thanks dude. I appreciate the kind words. I think i got a hermie and didnt know it. Every plant I had in all 4 racks had decent buds? It's gonna be a pain in the ass to get down and constantly check every inch of every plant once it gets crowded in the room, but obviously I have to make a habit of doing it.:peace::thanks:

I've got more of the same sky. About 14 NL/Sk and 6 sharksbreath. I'm gonna harvest what I can today and clean the shit out of the room over the next few days. The plan is to have two racks into flower by the weekend.

Well I finally got the havest. It definantley wasnt exactly what I wanted but I'm still happy I got something. I had my dad help me do some trimming. He talked me into pulling the 30 plants that I threw away (got pollinated) out of the trash. We probably got a couple ounces of small stuff. I looked on the calander and 15 of the plants were at 5 weeks and the other 15 were almost at 7. My dads old school. He was bugging during the trim. He insists on not manicuring the buds all the way. He leaves some leafs around the bud and lets it dry that way. Then he sees what it looks like after it dries a bit. His theory is "more weight more $$". So heres the pictures. We filled up 4 strings and the bottoms of the 3 boxes that you see in one of the photos. I was gonna move all the big buds to the front string so things would look a little more impressive, but that was too much work. I still have the Blueberry Hashpkant to manicure. It's the biggest plant I had. But it is loaded with seeds.:peace:
rsz_0094.jpg

rsz_00514.jpg

rsz_00611.jpg

rsz_00112.jpg

rsz_0103.jpg

rsz_0126.jpg

Si Det;
Hey man, sorry to hear about the ordeal!!!
That's too bad.
Nevertheless you got some nice buds there!!!!
Your a great grower and good friend to help us all out when need be.
Get some clones going asap and get going on another!!!
You'll soon have it in the past!

Si Det;
Hey man, sorry to hear about the ordeal!!!
That's too bad.
Nevertheless you got some nice buds there!!!!
Your a great grower and good friend to help us all out when need be.
Get some clones going asap and get going on another!!!
You'll soon have it in the past!

Thanks MB. Haven't seen you around in a while. Nice to see you stopping by. I've actually got enough vegging plants to fill up two flowering units. I jet gotta get my systems and room snitized to get rid of all the pollen. It's not gonna be fun.

Heres a shot I took to show how big the Dinafem Blueberry Hash Plant got. Once everythings dry I'll post some better picts. But I have to say the red hairs on this plant were like 3/4 of an inch long. It really is gonna look good in a bag. I've gotten some good feedback so far from a couple of my patients about the Sharksbreath. They both said it knocked them on their asses.
rsz_00414.jpg

Well I got everything bagged up last night. I ended up with 24oz. Much more than I had anticipated. It definantly helps my patients out with the 28 plants that were lost. I have been getting very good smoke reports on the Sharksbreath. My patients claim that it is very potent and nice/unique tasting. The smell out of the bag is not quite impressive. It has a different kind of smell to it, almost berry like. That could be due to the Berry Sweet from Botanicare that I added the entire time during flowering? Here are a couple close ups.
rsz_0204.jpg

rsz_0234.jpg

rsz_00113.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the Blueberry Hashplant. The Red Hairs are Long!! You can see some of the seeds from the pollenation nightmare. Thankfully the Sharksbreath didnt get fucked.
rsz_0095.jpg

rsz_0104.jpg

Looks nice how many plants did you harvest to get the 24oz? Time to clean and start over just like me I am finally putting some ladies over to flower today :grinjoint: As long as we keep learning for our issues it should get better each time

I had 17 plants. 4 of them were actually grown from seed and were about 2 ft when I put them into flower. I just filled up 2 more flowering racks and only put 6 plants in each unit because that is all I have right Now that are Actually big enough to go into flower. I had intended on using all 12 in one system but since I lost all of those plants 5 weeks into flowering I'm just trying to keep the room as full as possible.

beautiful grow, congratulations :cheer:

beautiful grow, congratulations :cheer:

Thanks Kitty, I've started things up again. New clones and a couple flower racks filled up. I'll get back to posting and adding pictures soon.

S DET!
Hope your well! Nice grow! Dude, seriously wow!
I sneek a peek at some of your comments here and there, but I really haven't been in 420 alot latley.
(wife was starting to comment that I was paying to much attention to the girls and not my business)
But all is fine.
I've got about 10 days of flowering left before I flush with water.
I was curious about the PH.
Its been at 5.5 to 5.8 most of the grow.
Do you keep it there in that range until finish?
Also, do you add any enhancers at this late in the grow?
I take some pictures here soon for ya,
Also, I built a aero cloner! Its was easy for me, fun. Having more fun with it than the
big girls really! I've got another for my next grow as well. I'll have to get a picture of it and send ya. It looks abit like stadium style tubes in a aero type set up. It looks awesome.
Talk with ya again soon! Gotta get to the job!
Best
MB

S DET!
Hope your well! Nice grow! Dude, seriously wow!
I sneek a peek at some of your comments here and there, but I really haven't been in 420 alot latley.
(wife was starting to comment that I was paying to much attention to the girls and not my business)
But all is fine.
I've got about 10 days of flowering left before I flush with water.
I was curious about the PH.
Its been at 5.5 to 5.8 most of the grow.
Do you keep it there in that range until finish?
Also, do you add any enhancers at this late in the grow?
I take some pictures here soon for ya,
Also, I built a aero cloner! Its was easy for me, fun. Having more fun with it than the
big girls really! I've got another for my next grow as well. I'll have to get a picture of it and send ya. It looks abit like stadium style tubes in a aero type set up. It looks awesome.
Talk with ya again soon! Gotta get to the job!
Best
MB

Hey Mike!! Ya my wife goes crazy about how much time I dedicate to the girls too! But she has no complaints about the $$$ when it comes in LOL. Thats great if youre able to keep your PH levels in that range throughout the entire grow. I always have issues around 6 weeks into flowering with the PH dropping. My Ph is usually consistant in the the 5.5 - 6.0 range. Except after a res change where I have to add PH down Because my tap water is around 7.0 The only "enhancers" I use is "Sweet" Berry Flavor from Botanicare. I use a Botanicare regimen of Pro Grow/Bloom, Liquid Karma,CAl MAg and Sweet Berry (only during the flowering cycle). I have friends that use "Silica BLast". I love the Aero Cloner, Have you Built a Veg Unit Yet.:peace:

Re: SimonDetroits Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow", Dinafem Bluberry Hash, G-13 labs NL/SK, D

Hey buddy. I am in my 6th week of flower and I test drove some & all I taste is nutes. I am going to flush nutes in a week. should I use clearex when flushing? Also should I stop my CO2 at the same time? I heard it affects the taste?
Thanks for the help bro

Back
Top Bottom