SimonDetroits Modified Stinkbud Grow

Re: Simondetroit Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow" (Bluberry Hash, NLxSK and Sharksbreath)

SD thanks for the offer but for me part of the fun is the build and the tinkering and stuff .Thanks to your detailed instructions thats prob what i'll do eventually, for now soil is so low maintenance once plants are all settled in.I can go away for 3 ,4 days no worries.. :nicethread::grinjoint:BC

I totally understand. I'm a huge fan of the Stinkbud setup/ process. It jus seems that once most people get all 3 flowering units up and running the hea issues start to effec the reservoir temps and create the root rot / ph drop issues that many seem to have. Even with my portable10000btu ac running my 12x12 room still hovers in the low 80s during the summer. For now I am gradually phasing out all of my 2 rail flowering units an going with a promix/ EWC medium.

Re: Simondetroit Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow" (Bluberry Hash, NLxSK and Sharksbreath)

Thanks bro. Ya I'm very lucky

SD i was checkin a great journal here some time ago very similiar to Stink's Set up, Aeroponoics DIY ,And his big thing was a chiller to keep those res temps down.Worked like a hot damn you should check it out before you go to all promix grow.May be half and half. Chillers aren't cheap but in the long run it's the way to go IMHO... I think part of the prob is Stink's res is too small heats up to Quick without the Chiller.Well Bro time to burn one :smokin: BC

Heres a couple updates of the SCROG Stinkbud unit 4 weeks into flower. I filled it with 6 small super Skunk plants.
scrog13.jpg

scrog121.jpg

scrog13.jpg

This type of t5 fixture has a switch that allows you to shut half of the lights off. I just shut them off in the hopes the pict taken from my iPhone would come out a bit better. Thanks for checking in Sky.

SD i was checkin a great journal here some time ago very similiar to Stink's Set up, Aeroponoics DIY ,And his big thing was a chiller to keep those res temps down.Worked like a hot damn you should check it out before you go to all promix grow.May be half and half. Chillers aren't cheap but in the long run it's the way to go IMHO... I think part of the prob is Stink's res is too small heats up to Quick without the Chiller.Well Bro time to burn one :smokin: BC

I agree that a big temp issue is due to the small res size in these units. I know a chiller would work great and solve a ton of the issues I have had. Problem is that in order to have a perpetual harvest I need at least 3 of these flowering units going at one time. That means 3 chillers.....No thanks. :tokin:

I agree that a big temp issue is due to the small res size in these units. I know a chiller would work great and solve a ton of the issues I have had. Problem is that in order to have a perpetual harvest I need at least 3 of these flowering units going at one time. That means 3 chillers.....No thanks. :tokin:

You have to get inventive here now ,modify One big res ,one chiller and run all three off of the one res.Just get one of those totes on wheels and use it as a res. drilll holes all that stuff .Even if you just used a big res for all three temps would be lower.. Just a thought :lot-o-toke:BC

Heres a pict of the scrog from about 8 - 10 days ago. It has really plumped up in the last few days. I actually started flushing last night because they are so close. Pretty much nothing clear anymore.

scrognew.jpg

Here is a pict of the room. I've got about 36 plants in there under 2 1000 watters and a 600. now that outdoor temps are cooling down I am gonna put one of my 600's back in the room to give better coverage and possibly add a few more plants. most of the plants are at 4 weeks. Then about 12 of them are at 2 weeks. I'll get some better picts later.

dirt_2.jpg

dirt3.jpg

You have to get inventive here now ,modify One big res ,one chiller and run all three off of the one res.Just get one of those totes on wheels and use it as a res. drilll holes all that stuff .Even if you just used a big res for all three temps would be lower.. Just a thought :lot-o-toke:BC

The single res would make temps much better especially with a chiller. My main reason for going with this set up was to do a perpetual harvest with 4 flowering units. That means all of the flowering plants are about 2-3 weeks apart. Each rack would need to run different PPM's. Therefore the single reservoir/chiller scenario just won't work.:tokin:

Standardize use one mix. lucas formula or advanced nutrients has a standard for all stages of bud .:goodluck:

I LOVE YOUR SETUP,WHEN I SAW THAT THEY LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE DEAD I ACUALLY SIGHED.THEN I LOOKED AT THE NEXT PIC AND READ THAT SOMEONE GAVE YOU SOME GREAT ADVICE,AND I WAS GLAD THEY SURVIVED.GREAT WORK MAN....:thumb:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sorry for not keeping the journal updated. It appears I'm too busy to keep things current. Please move the journal to the "completed journal" section. If you don't mind you could change the name of the journal to : SimonDetroits Modified Stinkbud Grow". Thanks again and sorry for the hassle. I love this site!!!!!

How did the scrog turn out? Considering doing a scrog on my next batch.

The scrog turned out great. I had 6 plants (although I had room for 8). Ended up with 7.25 oz. I harvested after 7 1/2 weeks. The strain was super skunk ( don't know the seed co. ). I definantly could have let this stuff go for 2-3 more weeks if I had the space. The smoke/ taste were both good. I still grow this same phenotype in dirt. Very mite resistant, I think it was from greenhouse. I'll have to check.

Can you tell us how the grow ended, before I move it to completed?

This will make it officially complete, thanks bro.

This journal ended up being transferred to the " Abandoned J ournals " section. Any chance you guys could move my journal over to the " Completed Journals " section? It is essentially finished. Although I would still like to add photos of my curent grows?

The scrog turned out great. I had 6 plants (although I had room for 8). Ended up with 7.25 oz. I harvested after 7 1/2 weeks. The strain was super skunk ( don't know the seed co. ). I definantly could have let this stuff go for 2-3 more weeks if I had the space. The smoke/ taste were both good. I still grow this same phenotype in dirt. Very mite resistant, I think it was from greenhouse. I'll have to check.

Just wanted to mention that this scrog was grown under a 435 watt Hydrofarm T-5 with all veg bulbs. I didn't make the " masters Geower s " mark @ 1 gr. / Per watt,..... But I was ver happy withe the extremely low heat.

Back
Top Bottom