SimonDetroits Modified Stinkbud Grow

Re: SimonDetroits Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow", Dinafem Bluberry Hash, G-13 labs NL/SK, D

Hey buddy. I am in my 6th week of flower and I test drove some & all I taste is nutes. I am going to flush nutes in a week. should I use clearex when flushing? Also should I stop my CO2 at the same time? I heard it affects the taste?
Thanks for the help bro

Hey bigbud, give it some more time. What strain are you growing? I always use clearex for about 3 days to start my final flush. Then I Clean out the reservoir and go with straight tap water for another 7-10 days. I know allot of strains say that they are ready in 8 weeks, but I have yet to be so lucky. It seem most "8 week strains" take 9 or 10 weeks before they are showing peak tricomes under the microscope. I would highly suggest spending the 20 bucks on a microscope if you don't already have one. As far as the co2 goes I really don't know. Better ask some one in the harvesting forum. Keep me posted bro. I would lve to see some Picts. And please get back to me if you get an answer on The co2. I will need to know once I start using it myslf.

Re: SimonDetroits Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow", Dinafem Bluberry Hash, G-13 labs NL/SK, D

SD. I need help! Woke up this morning & I got water all over the floor of my tent. soaked it up but keeps coming back. Can't tell where it is coming from. U ever have a problem like this with the stinkbud system. I have a 54g. rez inside of another 54g. rez. Any ideas? I ran clearex & flushed the water yesterday, and refilled the rez. now water on the floor. totally confused. Worried it is going to break loose & my apt. manager lives below me. A little scared but do not want to harvest early. Also could not find any info yet on stopping Co2 prior to harvest. HELP!

SD. I need help! Woke up this morning & I got water all over the floor of my tent. soaked it up but keeps coming back. Can't tell where it is coming from. U ever have a problem like this with the stinkbud system. I have a 54g. rez inside of another 54g. rez. Any ideas? I ran clearex & flushed the water yesterday, and refilled the rez. now water on the floor. totally confused. Worried it is going to break loose & my apt. manager lives below me. A little scared but do not want to harvest early. Also could not find any info yet on stopping Co2 prior to harvest. HELP!

Wow, sorry to hear that. The only leaking issues I've had in the past have been where the fence post was not pushed far enough into the reservoir. This caused the water to drip down the sides to the bottom of the post. It was hard to tell where the water came from initially. You say you have a 54 gal. Res? That's huge! Be careful. Sorry I couldn't help you out more. How are the plants looking?

They aren't done, but pulled them anyway. I am not taking any chances with all that water. No apparent holes or cracks in either rez.Going to post some more pics to the galleries soon. Do not know how to post to message

Hey SD! I ordered afghani from single seeds & got them 6 days from ordering. could not believe it. posted some pics from the early harvest. will put biggest buds soon. Hand hash is the best hash!!!

Re: Simondetroit Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow" (Bluberry Hash, NLxSK and Sharksbreath)

Hey simon how's your next grow doing? Are you still using your t5's and 600 watter in the flower room?

Hey Sky, I have 3 600's, 1 1000k and the t5 going now. I built a single post system with 5 holes/plant sites. Then I built a scrog setup over it. I placed the t5 about 4 inches from the plants. Its working pretty good.

I have lost a ton of plants in the last month due to root rot. I am really wasting my lights because a couple of my systems only have 5 plants in them because I had to pull the rest. The root rot was due to the temps with the new lights and the summer temps. It was getting up to the high 80s. Now I've got an AC and things are looking better. All off my plants look like shit due to the heat issues but they are comming back. :peace:

Re: Simondetroit Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow" (Bluberry Hash, NLxSK and Sharksbreath)

Well it's been a while since I made an update. Things have gotten pretty shitty mostly due to high temps in the room. Once summer was in full effect my room was getting into the upper 80's. That is with all 3 600's , 1 1000 and an 8 bulb t-5. I was venting the 1000 watter and 2 of the 600 watters but it seemed like the stray 600 that wasnt vented was really putting me over the top. initially Plants started dying due to root rot. I tried Hygrozyme and a product from Humbolt that was like $40 for 4 reservoir applications. Nothing worked. I decided to buy a portable A/C. That did Help. The room went down into the mid 80'S but I was still having plants die on me and the growth was slow. I ended up shutting off the 600 watter that wasnt vented and that brought thigs back to reality....finally. Then another disaster struck. I went on a 7 day vacation and came back to a mite invasion!! I got a couple clones from a friend before I left and they must of had the bugs? I did tale precautions and sprayed the shit out of them before I brought them in the room. I let off a pyretheum bomb (DR. DOOM)as a last resort. Then did another one 72 hour later. ALthough the outbreak wasnt terrible I still had some mites that were alive after the 2nd bomb.

SInce the heat was causing issues I created another modified Stinkbud set up. This one is set up to flower under the T5 unit. I built a 6 site single rail SCROG set up. This is the 3rd run with it and it is working out great. I switched back to the veg bulbs to flower with because the results were much better for some reason? Here are some picts:
scrog22.jpg

scrog12.jpg

scrog32.jpg

scrog42.jpg

Ive ran a couple batches of LEmon Skunk from an unknown breeder and have gotten about 3.5 ounces each time. However this time I'm trying out a really hardy Super Skunk and the screen filled almost completely in really quick I';ll keep you posted with the updates on the final outcome.:peacetwo:

I feel your pain on the rot I lost over 30 plants and gave up on hydro went soil and never looked back :blunt: I loved hydro but the water temps are so touchy I couldnt deal any more have not lost another lady since

Hey, simondetroit

First of all, thank you soo much for this thread. You have shown me a lot and I really appreciate you taking the time to put this up. I have read stinkbud's forum and his pdf's I honestly thought your grow journal is easier especially with all the pictures.

I just got my Washington State MMJ cert. I have watched my dad grow a little outside during the summer, but Washington is difficult with the weather conditions. Setting up the whole hydroponics system seems fairly easy, but as a first time grower I am going to go with 30 plants, (15 me, 15 patient, acc. to WA Law) I have some nagging questions, if you don't mind:

1) Medicinal purposes, what is the best strains to produce for patients?

2) what is the best place to get seeds? or should I get clones or clippings locally?

3) which strains would be the best combo for yielding quantity and medical purposes?

4) do you use co2? if so how do you set yours up and what do you use to regulate it.

5) what is the best light setup for flowering and cloning? Where should I get them?

6) what sort of yield could I expect from 30 plants assuming I could harvest them all?

7) should I grow a couple extra in case I kill some ? (it is my first grow)

8) Where do you get those neoprene liners? (I have no idea what their called so I didn't know what to search for)

9) complete setup, start to finish, what should I expect to pay for everything? (I have nothing now so I literally mean everything)

Sorry for all the questions, but since you definitely seem like the expert here, I would appreciate any advice and wisdom you can pass on.

Thanks

Hey, simondetroit

First of all, thank you soo much for this thread. You have shown me a lot and I really appreciate you taking the time to put this up. I have read stinkbud's forum and his pdf's I honestly thought your grow journal is easier especially with all the pictures.

I just got my Washington State MMJ cert. I have watched my dad grow a little outside during the summer, but Washington is difficult with the weather conditions. Setting up the whole hydroponics system seems fairly easy, but as a first time grower I am going to go with 30 plants, (15 me, 15 patient, acc. to WA Law) I have some nagging questions, if you don't mind:

2) what is the best place to get seeds? or should I get clones or clippings locally?

3) which strains would be the best combo for yielding quantity and medical purposes?

4) do you use co2? if so how do you set yours up and what do you use to regulate it.

5) what is the best light setup for flowering and cloning? Where should I get them?

6) what sort of yield could I expect from 30 plants assuming I could harvest them all?

8) Where do you get those neoprene liners? (I have no idea what their called so I didn't know what to search for)

9) complete setup, start to finish, what should I expect to pay for everything? (I have nothing now so I literally mean everything)

Sorry for all the questions, but since you definitely seem like the expert here, I would appreciate any advice and wisdom you can pass on.

Thanks

Thanks a ton for the kind words. I really makes me feel like all the posting was worth it if I can assist just one person. I've read every page in the stinkbud forum and the threads on the other site before he started his own website. Ill PM you the address incase you are not familliar with it. Well I will do my best to help. I am far from an expert

It's really a matter of preference, I would stick with an Indica or Indica Dominate strain.

Check out 420 mags sponsors. Ill PM you with my favorite place to go

Once again I would stick to Indica dominate strains. You can always increase your yeilds by vegging longer and growing bigger plants. I dont know how big your space is.

I dont use Co2. If you have the space and $$ go with an actual Co2 generator like PitViper and many others use

One of the best things I have purchased is an 8 bulb T5 unit. It produces amazing results for vegging nice plants. You can also use it on your clones. However you can get good results by just using a few FLorescent bulbs or CFLs from Home Depot etc. The clones and seedling dont require much light to grow and stay healthy. AS for FLowering....You really want to use HPS bulbs. I only use ventable hoods in order to reduce the heat. 600 watter seem to be more efficient than 1000k lights because you can get the light closer to the plants. Plus they put out less heat.

I cant realistically answer that question. There are just too many veriables. I would suggest not counting on more than 1oz per plant dried for your first grow. Play it safe

I would never reccommend growing more than your state limit if you are a registered caregiver. Being a caregiver is a great privledge and right. I wouldnt do anything to mess it up. ry to find another patient instead. That way you can grow more plants
GO to google shopping. Type in EZ cloner insert. Or 2" neoprene insert. Most grow stores will carry these. You can also make your own out of exercise mats that are sold at Walmart etc.

That depends, are you just going to flower all of your plants at once? Or are you gonna be vegging some of the plants too? YOu really need to take about a month and go over every nook and cranny of this website. I would suggest starting your grow in dirt if this is your first grow. If you have your heart set on hydro I would go with DWC. The stinkbud set up has many downfalls..Beleive me. I really love the theory and design of the system, dont get me wrong. Its just not practical unless you use a chiller or the capability and $$ to keep your room really cool.

Good luck DUDE, Keep me posted and thanks for the kind words:peacetwo:

Great advice and nice thread!:goodjob: + reps for sharing knowledge and I agree with you about checking this site out for a good month before starting up. Save some money and aggrivation/frustration that may in the end cause you to give up on this endevour. I spent better than 2 months reading what I could, talking to who I thought would have some good advice and completely missed this site during that time. Several months later I stumbled upon this site and immediately found 3 different threads that could have saved me a bunch of green and grief. :peacetwo:

Great advice and nice thread!:goodjob: + reps for sharing knowledge and I agree with you about checking this site out for a good month before starting up. Save some money and aggrivation/frustration that may in the end cause you to give up on this endevour. I spent better than 2 months reading what I could, talking to who I thought would have some good advice and completely missed this site during that time. Several months later I stumbled upon this site and immediately found 3 different threads that could have saved me a bunch of green and grief. :peacetwo:

Couldnt agree more Dan. I spend allot of time doing research. And I still waste money and kill plants. I love it!:peacetwo:

Thanks for the great advice guys, I am making a complete shopping and price list now. Definitely a little more expensive than I thought.

I will definitely take the next month before I start to construct my system and research a ton. Hopefully I can find more threads like yours. I found a great video today while doing some research.

YouTube - How to Grow Green

Seems pretty good, the guy makes everything look really simple. I don't know much about topping the plants or is that's something that should be done. Nevertheless a great source and intro to a complete setup

Also, how many of the HPS 600 watters would I need for 30 plant setup?

I know Stinkbud mentions humidity, has that been a problem?

The cooling aspect for the grow rooms shouldn't be too big of a problem since it will be winter time, and if it does get too hot, venting the room to cool it won't be a problem. AC is always an option I guess as well.

What do you do to keep the water temps consistent?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

HI Simon, thanks for keeping up with this thread. I am in my third week of my first grow (sharksbreath). You have saved me so much time, money and frustration. I was reading through your pages and having to read parts out loud to my wife, to say "I was going to do.. but this guy has a better way." She swears I would have thrown everything out after the plug was dislodged. I'm sure that I will have questions for you, I hope you don't mind. Thanks again for all the time you have invested with this thread.

Thanks dude. That comment was really nice. I sincerely appreciate it. This journal was kind of dead. I got my initial (pretty good) harvest and kept things going without doing the journal. If you stick around 420 mag long enough you will see that people get started and get real serious and post all the time in their journals. (or get close to harvest) and you're not sure if they just disapered or got busted? Anyways I'm really excited you are growing the Sharksbreath. Back when I started growing it there was only 2 decent unfinished journals I could find where people were actually growing it. I tried to contact the people and they never responded. Since then Attitude Seed Bank actually gave away DNA Genetic Sharksbreath as a Freebie in their UFO promotions. Since then I have seen a few more people talking about it. To be honest with you I'm surprised more people are not growing it or at least praising it. It's pretty easy to grow, has a good yield and is Awesome smoke packed with crystals and pain releiving qualities. The main downfall to this strain as a commercial grower is that it doesnt have a (any) strong smell. But it really packs on the resin and trichs really early on and continues till harvest. Please feel free to ask any questions. Try to post some picts.
good Luck:grinjoint:

Wow y'all just saida mouthfull in the last couple of threads. Glad you are back simond. Since you may have probably contacted bugs from that clone you got are you going to start your own mother plant that way you won't have to worry about bringing unwated bugs in your grow room? The a/c that you used that wasn't helping you, was it a portable unit? I here those don't work as well as the window units. Well ill def be following your journal. Mine stinkbud journal is coming soon. Starring super lemon haze, ak 47 and og kush #18

Hi SD, great journal seriously thinking of this setup or DIY ebb and gro . great info thanks .....:smokin: BC

Hi SD, great journal Wseriously thinking of this setup or DIY ebb and gro . great info thanks .....:smokin: BC
LEt me know if you decide to go with the stinkbud set up. I have a ton of units I'm selling. I also custom make setup to fit inside tents. Check out the metro Detroit section on craisglist and search for " stinkbud". You'll see a few of my units for sale. I've been sellin allot of the single rail setups to medical growers. They just put a t5 over it and the get an ounce a week in a perpetual set up. I can ship no problem.

LEt me know if you decide to go with the stinkbud set up. I have a ton of units I'm selling. I also custom make setup to fit inside tents. Check out the metro Detroit section on craisglist and search for " stinkbud". You'll see a few of my units for sale. I've been sellin allot of the single rail setups to medical growers. They just put a t5 over it and the get an ounce a week in a perpetual set up. I can ship no problem.

SD thanks for the offer but for me part of the fun is the build and the tinkering and stuff .Thanks to your detailed instructions thats prob what i'll do eventually, for now soil is so low maintenance once plants are all settled in.I can go away for 3 ,4 days no worries.. :nicethread::grinjoint:BC

Back
Top Bottom