Smokeyjoe's First Grow

Got everything hooked up. I have the flow rate set to .2 it should be .1 for the room size but thelowest setting is .2 and having a weak exhaust running 24/7 is detrimental so the higher rate should compensate I hope. I have it set up to run the first 2.5 hours to bring it up to 1500ppm in the room then on and off in 15 minute cycles staggering the on off times with an oscillating fan that cycles on when the gas is off and off when the gas is flowing. If anyone has any suggestions please, I am all ears. This is my first co2 attempt and I am hoping for the best.

Ok here are some pics of my latest attempt at a flowering room.
1 600w HPS
Panada Plastic w/zipper for door
1 Co2 system on timer
1 Bathroom exhaust fan (no timer 24/7)
1 Oscillating fan on timer
1 188cfm intake I have not decided on yet (watching temps to see, currently running passive with ducting)

Tonight after hooking up the Co2 I put the SLH mother that I began to flower 2 weeks ago into the new chamber hoping she might do even more wit the Co2 enrichment.
New_Room_017.jpg

New_Room_021.jpg

New_Room_022.jpg

New_Room_023.jpg

New_Room_035.jpg

New_Room_054.jpg

New_Room_056.jpg

New_Room_032.jpg

New_Room_030.jpg

^
Just went into new room with Co2.

Here is the other flower room and some current shots of the SLH

New_Room_029.jpg

Just took 2 flowering clones from this 1
New_Room_028.jpg

New_Room_027.jpg

That about sums up the progress. I am officially suffering from buyers remorse as I am now flat ass broke I am just hoping it will all work out!

I know what you mean by being flat broke from buying hydro stuff. I have two hydro store within 5 to 10 miles of me and I always go their every Saturday and buy something. It's like a kid in a candy store. I'm still watching this post. I want to try Co2 within the next month so let us know how it goes. By the way how's the heating issue in your flowering room with the 600 watt light?

Hey Tricome, Setting sun, Playafly and I don't rember! Thanks fore stopping by I was getting lonely! I had what you might call a HIGH stress training accident today with SLH mom in flower room. I was trying to " open her up" so to speak to get more light inside and I heard the dreaded SNAP! I broke one of the biggest colas off cracked it right down the middle... luckily I have extra duct tape and twist ties so I'm just gonna pretend it didn't happen for a week or so and see if the McGuyver fix worked. Playafly, the temp in the bathroom with lights on is between 84-88 degrees which is part of the reason for the co2. Thanks for the encouragment it is easy for me to second guess myself while waiting for this first harvest.

I had a random stoner thought about taking the 600w light/exhaust, carbon scrubber from my tent and adding it to the new flower room with the Co2. This would allow me to time my Co2 distribution with my exhaust fan and also make the flower room 1200W from 2 light sources. The only downside I see to this is the trouble of watering them. I already take everyone out of the tent and to the tub in our other bathroom to water and what they say about being in the room twice as much when using Co2 seems to be true they are going through water like crazy. I don't know if I am just asking for more trouble than its worth or not. I have all the free time in the world in the next couple months and the 4 in the tent have 5-6 more weeks. I was thinking it might help, anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

Dude we gotta see that McGyver fix!! My White widow mommy broke as a seedling, I splinted it the next day it was fine. It has been the best plant ever!!

I like the idea of growing in an extra bathroom. Most already have a decent exhaust built into the ceiling. Plants look mega. Keep up the good work.

Not dropping in.. I have been subscribed and following along... realized you were getting lonely:nicethread: So I thought I would post and let you know I was here! LOL You are doing a fine Job Too!!

Badbert thank you!, and duly noted. Charliemopps, I am still toying with the idea of everyone in the bathroom. I would be able to veg in my 3x3x7 tent and flower everyone in the bathroom. I have all the equipment to do it up right just looking for a couple more positive thoughts on the subject aand I might just do it thanks for the kind words guys!

See ya finally sacraficed (spelling) your bathroom!! lol. your grow is looking awesome Joe!! keep up the groovy work man!! :slide:

Thanks Fattis Rattis and Ms. Fox! I tried hanging my good light in the bathroom with my exhaust fan but before I could hang the fan I blew the circuit. Then I blew it again, then it blew again... let me just say 10 amp circuit in any living area is crap!! So before I got started I finished lol! I will say I can put up and take down my tent lights etc like no ones buisness!! So for now its just those 3. 1 of the 3 cristal paradise I sprouted is def a female and 1 is looking like a boy watching it closely. The Lemon Skunk and Big Bang I germd both sprouted and showed a tap root through peat pots so they went into 3 gal containers to become mothers. I have also switched the veg room from 18/6 to 24/0 for the simple reason that it does not requier being light tight if they are always on and I veg with cfl/floro. Got my pud bill today 2 month period bill went up about 20 bucks.

Not necessarily! There is also a limit to what the entire box (called a service) can handle. 100amp service, 200amp service. So they use lower amp circuit breakers in one slot, so they can use higher amp in others. Add up the total of all circuit breakers in the box. Now remember, how often will every circuit be used to its max? making a 100 amp service into a 105 amp service is not that big a deal. Making a 100 amp into a 150 amp is! Hope this isn't too confusing! try to stay under 120 in a 100 amp service box.

Back
Top Bottom