So, I'm currently growing 3 plants, but

MandieMayhem420

420 Member
As you can clearly see, none of them are ANYTHING alike. The really really tiny one, 3rd pic, got eaten a bit as a seedling and then turned into the bush you see now. The first plant, 1st pic, is about 3 feet tall and started budding about 1.5 weeks ago. The second plant, 2nd pic, is 5.5 feet tall and is JUST starting to show that it's about to bud now. Here's the thing, these are ALL THE SAME WEED! I got the seeds out of an eighth I purchased from my dispensary. It is Geist OG. They all sprouted their tap roots at the same time and were planted at the same time. They all got the same sun, food, and so on. Wtf happened? As a very novice and 1st time grower I'm really confused if I did something wrong or if this is normal among plants? even of the same breed.

Attachments

• 15998630315565280763808247900284.jpg
    15998630315565280763808247900284.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • 15998630535741276133735918057639.jpg
    15998630535741276133735918057639.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • 1599863067437241512635693659026.jpg
    1599863067437241512635693659026.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
@MandieMayhem420 Giest OG may not be a stable strain. Meaning it's seeds will produce varied phenos. Some short, some tall. Some breeders come across a great plant and release it as a clone only strain. Meaning they couldn't reproduce it again. Then again, dispensaries get their bud from growers who probably breed as well. Pollination can happen by being around a male plant and carrying pollen on clothing in to a flower room. Who knows what kind of pollen got blown on the Giest. It is NOTHING that you have done.

What I could find on that strain says it’s mostly Sativa which would explain the structure of the first 2 plants, not sure why the third is different.

As for different flower starts, that’s normal, different phenotypes of the same strain will behave slightly differently. I have 9 Blue Dream growing at the moment outdoors and 3 distinctly different stages of flowering.

:welcome:

I am also a novice so take this as you will.

First off great job for a first grow! What kind of soil are they in and what nutrients are you feeding them out of curiosity?

I am guessing the height differences in the first two are coming from phenotype or the plant just developed more slowly than the other. The one that looks like a bush more than likely responded to being chewed on. It kind of looks like it thought it got topped. Topping is when you cut off the top of the plant either to clone (though branches work best here from what I understand), to control it's height, try for a bigger yield or any combination of these.

@MandieMayhem420 Giest OG may not be a stable strain. Meaning it's seeds will produce varied phenos. Some short, some tall. Some breeders come across a great plant and release it as a clone only strain. Meaning they couldn't reproduce it again. Then again, dispensaries get their bud from growers who probably breed as well. Pollination can happen by being around a male plant and carrying pollen on clothing in to a flower room. Who knows what kind of pollen got blown on the Giest. It is NOTHING that you have done.
Thank you! That is very reassuring. I have Cherry Chem #2 sprouting now. I hope that maybe growing indoors may help the stability of the plants...

:welcome: Mandie. my current grows are all seeds that i've found from my stash.:thumb:
You've got photoperiod seeds and their good seeds. You just don't know if its a female or male until they go into flower.
how much sun light do they get duing the day? not enough light makes them become so tall. Well except the one that got beaten. lol
I would tie a rope to the tall plant and pull it down words so that it bends. You don't want to break the stem, but it should easly bend. once bend tie the rope so that the plant gets the shape. Eventually the tip of the plant will rise again and it will grow up. This method you controll the lenght so that it dosnt become a very tall tree.

Run us through your potting mix and what you are using for feeding?

your cherry chem, is that another seed found from the stash? if you are planning to grow it inside, make sure you have it under a T5 or a growing LED light. at seedling stage they don't need to m uch of strong light but once their in veggative stage then they do. @SmokeSara can help you with Mars-Hydro line. I'm using their TS1000 and its phenomenal.
Make sure to top it when time comes, so that you can control the height as well as production

Welcome to the forum @MandieMayhem420 :welcome:

I got the seeds out of an eighth I purchased from my dispensary.
If you got 3 beans from an eighth :hmmmm: sounds like it's been pollinated :thedoubletake: ...I may find a single bean in 3 quarters of a pound or something, but yeah three's a little much for an eighth...hence the different phenos...cuz any bean I usually find is like a selfie of that plant, and always female :thumb:

Welcome to the forum @MandieMayhem420 :welcome:

If you got 3 beans from an eighth :hmmmm: sounds like it's been pollinated :thedoubletake: ...I may find a single bean in 3 quarters of a pound or something, but yeah three's a little much for an eighth...hence the different phenos...cuz any bean I usually find is like a selfie of that plant, and always female :thumb:

There is a company that decided to call it smoke and grow here. The strain is Trainwreck. My guess is rather than lose the crop they sold it a bit cheaper. Obv I have no clue what is happening for this particular eighth but they seem to be around.

There is a lot of genetic variation in seeds. Kind of like how there can be a lot of variation between human siblings from the same parents. Very normal to see several phenotypes even in a pack of seeds from a breeder.

And that's even without taking into account the possibility of rogue pollination ;) .

"Hey, that Northern Lights x Haze looks a lot like Northern Lights x Mailman!"

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom