Some Pre-flowering questions =)

Cheesus

Sup fellow 420 users!

This is my first post here and i hope that i'm in the right place (otherwise, just move this tread to the right place)

Just some quick info of my setup.

Grow room 3x3m
Lights, 360w LED (Fim+ supercrop), 400w HPS (topping + super crop) and 125w CFL (6500k) (SCROG).
Im using soil, Golden label special mix.
I have made my own watering system, 208Litre res, with 2x airstones in it, a pump wich pumps the water in the main feeding line wich i just add smaller 3mm dripper tubes to for watering the plants.

Strains.
5x Uk Cheese, big ones!!
5x random (12/12 seed test 1litre pot, just for fun)
3 Kali kush x lowryder (12/12 seed)
4x Typhoon (12/12 seed)

I have Golden label nutes, a+b soil, and cal+ and Mg+. Bud factor X, Overdrive, Final phase. and some more that i cant remember the names on :blunt:

So whats my experience u say? have done one grow before in my 1.5x1.5m tent, wich i pretty much failed at, got nute burn, and dident repot and so on, that was a learing by doing run, and i learnt alot!

This is my 2nd grow ever (one year after the first harvest), and things are looking good! i'm just a lil bit nervous about the height :D

I will turn my babes in to flowering mode in perhap 6-9days, and my question is then, how much will they stretch ? my first run stretched perhaps 20-30cm total, but they were burnt.

what can i do to make them not stretching anymore, if they dubble in size when forced to flower im screwed!, have had them in Veg for 78 days now, repotted three times (wont change pot before flowering) they are now in 35litre pots (10gallons i guess), and have been so for about 18 days, they have started to slow down in growth now (i', just as happy!!)

will add some pictures if i manage to do that here haha!

If any one have had a simular feeding system, i would love some info on ppm during flower.

Im currently running with nutes at every watering, 1/8 of full dose so its not much, but i have found it to be really good since i give them all day every day.

Love.
Cheesus

Here are some pic, keep in mind, these are 15-18days old =) much have hapend since, they are now about 125cm from top of the soil to hights plant part

DSC0020.JPG
DSC001910.JPG
DSC001819.JPG
DSC001716.JPG
DSC0010.JPG
DSC000810.JPG
DSC000510.JPG

the scrog have now pretty much filled the screen :D.

For those who have used the scrog method before, are u usualy letting it grow up from the screen a few days before u start to flower it, to get even bigger colas, or just turn it to 12/12 when u have managed to "scrog" them down.

/Cheesus

To be clear about my questions, was pretty foggy when i wrote this up so just keept on rambling haha.

#1 If the plants have stopped growing in the current pots (root bound?) will they still stretch alot when turned to flower?

#2 how much could i increase the yeild if i lollipop them some? i got like 6-12 main colas on the 4 big ones.

#3 If a plant are rootbound before going to flower, will it affect the bud size?

Please feel free to give all the tips u have, everything is welcome here :D

/Cheesus

I will take a shot at helpin' ya....

Pots look big enough in comparison to plants but never hurts to have extra room for roots to grow. :)
IMO you will gain nothing in reguards to yeild by topping them. You would get more buds but they would be smaller. It might help in reguards to the scrog by adding more bud sites.
Yes root bound plants will have less yeild along with other seperate problems.... better to be safe than sorry.

that is my 2 cents...

Jonny

Thanks Jonny!

These bitches have grown another 15cm the last few days, gotta figure out a way to tie them down so they dont hit the roof, wich they will do! any ideas?

Could i pinch them and then tie them so the top colas only grow vertical ? would this work or would it hurt my babies ?

Man I just bend the CRAP out of em all their life my plants stay as tall/short as I want em supecrop,lst,top,fim try one branch of each see what you like unless this is your last grow then d
o what you know

Man I just bend the CRAP out of em all their life my plants stay as tall/short as I want em supecrop,lst,top,fim try one branch of each see what you like unless this is your last grow then d
o what you know

have done some supercrop, top and fim, just a little bit of bending to get some more light in the middle of my plants, i think i'm going to bend them so they only grow vertical when they hit the hight limit i have and we will see how that works out.

i did some cropping and bent down all tops about 30cm from the top, put some rope around them to give them some stability, working pretty good.

Was kinda brutal to one top, almost broke it! but it still lives and so.. guess you can do what ever u want to them! give em a nice spank to keep them on their toes aswell! haha :D

Its going to be awsome to see how my LED panel is working in bloom now! thinking it will destroy my 400w hps!! the node space are no more then 3-5 cm (1-2") on the LED plants, and the HPS are around 7-10cm (3-5").

Buy the looks of it, the LED plants will be buds from top to bottom, big fat ones i hope! and the hps will get some big buds aswell but not like one bud all the way.

Time will tell!

C u again with the next update, perhaps some small flowers by then =)

I will compare everything i can =) and show some final data when i get it.

So far during the veg, with the LED, everything is just amazing, as soon as the first leafs popup, they stretch just a little ( no more then 1") ans they just get bushy as hell, close node intervalls big green leafs, and really stable stems, my big ones now under the LED light wont even need any support at all!, the stems are super hard, if i try and bend one down, it just snapps right back! like a bow string.

The ones under the HPS are well, OK they have a bit longer space between the nodes, and the stems are no way near as strong. they are going to need a lot of support to not snap when the buds are getting bigger.

Grow update: Nothing new so far, perhaps some more info later on today. other wise on thursday.

Happy holydays fellas!

What make and power is the led mate?

I orderd my LED from Busybeeleds.com its a 360w full spectrum stinger. Stinger STT12 360 watts 3 watt single chip led grow light | Busy Bee Led Grow Lights

Cultivator:

Well i had a 4week vaccation booked before i started this grow, going to indonesia soon. And i really dident feel like doing a quick grow, with small plants so i figuerd i'd try and grow few, but big ones. thats one reason, second is that i do this run only as a comparison run between LED vs HPS vs CFL. Comparing Cured bud weight, growth rates, bud density, looks. Even looking for a lab to send a sample from each to se if same strain gets different THC/cdb/cbn levels. After thsi run i will rebuild my room depending on what worked out best for ym plants this time =)

The CFL is only a 125w and it gets some light from the HPS but its a scrog so i will onyl be able to compare bud size and density looks and smoke report on it =)

Just got my Cloning station so i will do a bigger grow when this is done, around 15 or so plants, and i will not grow them this big that time :D

I have seen some guys are removing most of the fan leafs when in flower, is this just to get the plant to focus more on growing bud or ?

And when can i start to remove some to get more light in the middle, and how much is safe to take away at one time ?

Back
Top Bottom