Sponsored Grow: Dutch Seeds Shop Multi Strain LED Grow: Jack Herrer, White Russian, Green Crack x Amnesia Haze, Northern Lights & San Fernando Valley

I’ve heard of this as well, it’s why I also do 24-48 hours of dark period before harvest. I have one plant in the dark right now going to be harvested tomorrow. Good job bro, you killed it!:passitleft:
I was just on your thread looking at the hash you made. Did you harvest then freeze or was it cured already? I've heard of the dry ice hash but never seen it made the way you did.

I was just on your thread looking at the hash you made. Did you harvest then freeze or was it cured already? I've heard of the dry ice hash but never seen it made the way you did.
The pics on the thread were of the fresh hash still wet after I I collected it from the bags. I let it sit out and air dry for a bit then froze half for a lil bit then removed and placed back with the other half that I continued to air dry, and when they were ready I just put it all in an air tight container to cure.. I did it that way as it was my first time making bubble and wasn’t sure what the best method would be, so I tried both. Lol ..Got around 14.5 grams total and it smells and tastes great. I’ll take some pictures of the hash now as it’s finished up.. What did I do that your unfamiliar with, just curious?

Stem splitting creates a stress response in the plant. It helps increase resin production. Easiest way is to just put a screw through it. Threads right in. You can also try to poke through with a nail, or a knife I suppose lol but depending on the size of the stalk that could be a task. you may I've seen people split several inches on the bottom and wedge it open. If you go for a big split be sure to bind each end of the split so the plant doesn't try to topple over. String, tape, zipties, wire, whatever's handy just make its tight enough the split can't continue with gravity helping.

I didn't notice any improvements with an extended pre harvest dark period so now I just harvest them in the mornings before lights on. They seem to dry better for me when harvested in the dark versus during the day.

I've been making hashish with my bubble. The difference from hash is you press the trichomes together with heat after drying. It softens the wax around the heads and they mix into an ooey gooey patty. Completely changes the taste and every strain reacts a little differently to it but it's always great. Some of the high grade balls are soft enough they won't hold shape they slowly mush back down. Really fun stuff. And being able to collect the dry sift out of the trim bins™gives me 5 products off one plant, flower, dry sift, bubble hash, hashish, and rosin/(live rosin if it's from fresh frozen material).

Stem splitting creates a stress response in the plant. It helps increase resin production. Easiest way is to just put a screw through it. Threads right in. You can also try to poke through with a nail, or a knife I suppose lol but depending on the size of the stalk that could be a task. you may I've seen people split several inches on the bottom and wedge it open. If you go for a big split be sure to bind each end of the split so the plant doesn't try to topple over. String, tape, zipties, wire, whatever's handy just make its tight enough the split can't continue with gravity helping.

I didn't notice any improvements with an extended pre harvest dark period so now I just harvest them in the mornings before lights on. They seem to dry better for me when harvested in the dark versus during the day.

I've been making hashish with my bubble. The difference from hash is you press the trichomes together with heat after drying. It softens the wax around the heads and they mix into an ooey gooey patty. Completely changes the taste and every strain reacts a little differently to it but it's always great. Some of the high grade balls are soft enough they won't hold shape they slowly mush back down. Really fun stuff. And being able to collect the dry sift out of the trim bins™gives me 5 products off one plant, flower, dry sift, bubble hash, hashish, and rosin/(live rosin if it's from fresh frozen material).
So is a press a waste of money in your opinion?
The pics on the thread were of the fresh hash still wet after I I collected it from the bags. I let it sit out and air dry for a bit then froze half for a lil bit then removed and placed back with the other half that I continued to air dry, and when they were ready I just put it all in an air tight container to cure.. I did it that way as it was my first time making bubble and wasn’t sure what the best method would be, so I tried both. Lol ..Got around 14.5 grams total and it smells and tastes great. I’ll take some pictures of the hash now as it’s finished up.. What did I do that your unfamiliar with, just curious?
I just never actually seen it done without dry ice. First time for me actually seeing it made the way you did.

Jack Herrer heading into week 6
received_414438682559118.jpeg

San Fernando Valley heading into week 6.
received_1331832390322693.jpeg

Green Crack x Amnesia Haze heading into week 6.
received_3489846964377435.jpeg

From left to right ( Green Crack x Amnesia, San Fernando Valley, Jack Herrer)
received_2653525061378482.jpeg

Good advice, ya I did not do any heating of my bubble this time... looks like some Nepal temple balls lol :Rasta:

Good advice, ya I did not do any heating of my bubble this time... looks like some Nepal temple balls lol :Rasta:

Except Temple balls had opium inside lol

I don't currently run anything specifically for concentrates no. I just make it out of the trim. I do plan to find a couple plants that produce well and use them to make lots of tasty hash at some point in the future

I'm not even sure my lungs can handle that kind of shit. Man oh man. @SimpleManZ420 & @TurboBucket do you grow plants just for these methods or take some from each plant etc.
Ya it’s pretty good stuff lol :yummy: that was actually my first time making the hash. Lol so I didn’t know what to expect, that time I had an extra plant so I just threw 3/4 of it in the bubble bags. When I do it again I’ll use either half a harvest or a full harvest, not sure yet... was thinking of growing a hash plant for another bubble run, it was fun

Except Temple balls had opium inside lol

I don't currently run anything specifically for concentrates no. I just make it out of the trim. I do plan to find a couple plants that produce well and use them to make lots of tasty hash at some point in the future
Ya I was just noting on the presentation of it, looks good. If they were true temple balls you’d be flying like Superman im sure. Lol

Heading into week 6 of flower. Green Crack x Amnesia is really starting to pack on weight. She's more then likely getting tied up in the next day or two. Frostiest plant now by a landslide. Buds look nearly double their size in last 48 hours too. More red pistols then white now. She's coming along nicely. Trichomes are around half clear half milky.

San Fernando Valley is also starting to put noticeable weight on as well. Her flowering time is 7-9 weeks so I'm expecting bigger changes coming very soon. Pistols are around half and half. Trichomes are also more on the clear side. My guess 30-40% with 40% being generous.

Jack has swollen tremendously. By far the largest colas I've had on a plant. Still seeing noticeable bud growth by the day. Also noticing a slight purple tint on some of her fan leaves throughout the plant. Very heavy smell. Her trichomes are mostly milky on the upper end of 70%. I am finding some amber trichomes too. Not even accounting for 1% but they're there.

I see you like your hashies this is a little I been adding 2 over some time now lol . all is bubble hash. Thats not even my finger/scissor hash collection lol. Well done my friend looks tasty.
20191116_143705.jpg
20191116_143723.jpg

Trichomes report:

San Fernando Valley - she's coming along nicely. Still a decent amount of clear trichomes

Green Crack x Amnesia Haze - I believe she's starting her final swell. Still lots of clear trichomes though.

Jack Herer - near complete milky trichomes still about 20% clear though.

My guess will be Jack first then San Fernando Valley and last Green Crack x Amnesia Haze.

Back
Top Bottom