StonedGypsy's First Farming Foray!

Thanx for the reply Dick,

Those were actually taken from a Sony Mini DV video camera lol, I was getting desperate in the wee hours I guess. Well between all these crappy cameras I seem to have maybe I will figure out how to use the Photoshops meh. In the meantime while I'm still waiting, am printing another project on my 3D printer...another 3D printer ;). Its gonna be nice, all silver open frame H-Bot CoreXY model with RAMPS 1.4, heated bed and maybe a dual head even. I already have 90% of the guts/electronics, just need to finish up the frame parts. I'm about 12 hours in on the prints with another 36 to go...Sheesh time consuming even though I don't have to really hang around once I get the jobs started. I may even make 2 sets and sell this one who knows! Pics to follow shortly, stay tuned. TC Cheers, Peace & r3sp3ct.

Those buds are getting chunky quick! From the last set of pictures seems they put some good weight on. And a big thumbs up on the picture improvements. I agree with Dick sometimes its really hard taking a good picture under the LED's.

Also you might have to update your signature add amateur photographer

I totally agree about the buds bulking up quicker now, I think its due to the added Epsom, because I was feeding them Flora Nova Bloom from the start of the flip. I am going to keep using it as I am now, the girls seem to love it. Actually, it even helped cure a small mystery root problem I was having with Bagseed # 4 as even the damaged leaves (slightly clawed) are now healed up. I am still in process of popping a few more seeds in my new DIY tent, hope to see some action soon. And point taken on the signature idea!

Peace, Cheers & r3sp3ct!

Not really, the leaves have been good for the most part. The clones had some nute burn from the previous owner but that all cleared up. I used the 3 part GH Flora nute line and I watched the bagseed plants for signs of problems mostly, as they were a few weeks behind the clones. The only problem I had was the slight leaf claw in B.S. #4 as mentioned in previous post. I never heard of the Mag deficiency thing with LED before but hey what do I know. I know I love my el-cheapo Sunnine COB 800w LEDs', paid 200 for both off Ebay. I was recently contemplating buying or building a DIY LED flowering panel from 30 yellow/30 white to add on, we'll see after the DIY 3D printer jobs are done.

Thanx for the reply and interest!

The cal/mag deficiency usually shows up during flower you will notice small rust colored spots on the leaves. Epson salt is a good remedy so you might have prevented it with your salt addition and not even have known.

For $200 it sure looking like you got a good deal. I have a 400w MarsHydro that I'm looking to upgrade. Have been looking a lot at the Timber DIY kits. All you have to do is build the frame and then you can place the lights as you like. Not sure if you have seen them but they are a sponsor here and been watching a grow under one of their lights and every time the plants come out great. I have a pretty small space so using some CBX3590's I think 4 would be the max I could use without bleaching my plants out.

Thanks for that info on Timber, I will check them today. I went with the OEM recommendation for Sunnine 4 reflector COB, and I'm glad I got 2 as they just barely give the correct spread @ 78" height. I don't have a Lux meter so hard to say what is what on Par values for comparison sake. I still believe that the correct temp CFL tubes in addition to LED is a great way to save on energy and less heat in the tent is always a good thing too.

The Epsom I added was just done to help build bud thickness, i read that here somewhere in my journeys. After that I did some further research into it and decided that it would be a great addition to my nute lineup (used sparingly of course). Truly I never had any spots even before i started using Epsom even under constant LED, so maybe the LED used in certain brands isn't all that great for veg. Overall I'm happy with these LEDs' compared to whats out there in the same price range. I'm going to check Ebay last for other Sunnine models also, as I'm looking for a White/Yellow flowering panel more so this time. When I find something noteable i will mention it here.

I would be curious as too what my MarsHydro light reads at with a Lux meter. This is my 4th grow with the light and I have noticed I can keep it much closer now to the plants then I could ever before. I have 2 LED's that have burned out, thankfully its still under warranty. My plan is too fix those and keep the light as a back up.

I couldn't agree more about the supplemental lighting. I have been looking at some 60w LED panels that I would like to put on the sides to get the lower branches better. On my first grow I used 6 CFL's of different temps which worked great while growing in winter and heat wasn't really an issue. I'd like to find something with more power but lower temps. Growing in a 2x2 def creates some issues when dealing with heat.
One day I'll have a nice area like you have and space wont be such an issue. All thats needed is a space big enough that I can sit in and smoke a bowl while listening to some toons and admiring my ladies.

Take it easy up there in the Mitt SG!

Yep I did spend many days in the tent at the table myself when the girls were younger... ahh the memories! I have been considering a re-veg on some of the girls, maybe 3 if i don't manage to get some more clones of different strains within the next month or so. I managed to pop 2 seeds so far out of 20 or so, man I really need to beg, borrow some good seeds from somewhere. I will probably start a new journal for those babies, we'll see if time permits. I got some Root-Tech cloning gel and some rockwool cubes so I may just try to clone & revert a few lower branches from the select plants before they get too old. I can use the DIY tent for those and the new seed starts, just a few CFL in there for now. So I guess I will get some real life experience in doing all these advanced gardening tasks now lol...

TC, Cheers!, Peace & r3sp3ct!

Ok so its not really an update... But we talked about it earlier so here ya go!

Clone army on the march it seems...2 are Enemy of the state, 1 Purple Skunk & 1 Green Crack
Should I do another journal... What say ye?

IMG_051843.JPG

A little closer now.

IMG_051945.JPG

I will leave the lights on 24 hrs. (in trying to revert them to veg) for now then see how they look tomorrow AM, I used distilled water with a smidge of Root-tech from the cap liner. Trying the small clear Solo cups to start so i can see roots once I add the soil to the cup, and will then take the tape off the rockwool. I will also tape the outside of the cups with black electrical tape (thnx Dick23rk) soon so no light gets in. The Temp in there is 70 and RH is 52 ATM its raining so it will climb some. I will make a door flap soon so I can trap some light. The heat from a smaller panel LED should not be a problem. I will leave the floor open to help with air flow. I'm just winging it on these clones, doing it how I've seen others do it and lots of reading here on the forums, so any suggestions or constructive criticism is appreciated!

Peace, Cheers! & r3sp3ct

Looks like you got it all figured out so far from what I can see. You've been doing your research at least :) Best of luck with those clones!

Clones are looking nice! Hope the other ladies are doing well also!

Thanks for stopping in...They survived the whole process nicely. I just checked on them and all still healthy looking with no dead stuff yet ;) I will keep the humidity bags on for another few days and lights are now timed at 20/4 after an initial 24 on. I will be doing an update on the rest of the girls tomorrow with pics! I'm going to try and reveg a few girls after harvest also. TC Peace

Update: Day 107 OTF Flower Power vol. 41

Well here I am again...The usuals: Temp 70-74 RH 48-62 PH 6.6-7.0 GH FNB @ 1oz. per gallon every 10 days so far. I guess about another 14 days and the harvest will commence. I will re-veg the best producers & bagseeders only as I have to make room for all the clones. Just got 2 new Bleu Cheese to add to the Green Crack, Purple Skunk & Enemy of the state, check my other journal for those. As far as these girls go I have several with kola of 8" maybe 2" diameter, not bad so far for an amateur I guess. I like all the colors in the buds and the trichs are plenty and clear so far. TC, Peace and cya soon!

ps31.jpg

ps41.jpg

ps21.jpg

ps11.jpg

bagseed11.jpg

Hey thanx for checking in mang, I replied to your journal with the signature fix check it out. I will post 1 more set of lady pics before I harvest next week and then some of the finished product along with stats n such. My clones are doing good, check the link down below and stop by some time ;) TC and Cya soon!

Ok so while I'm online today...Update: Day 113 OTF Flower power vol.47

All is well and the flowers are maturing nicely, and the smell...The girls are in final flush mode until harvest which by the looks of things will be in 10 days or so. I have some testers drying now and can't wait to partake, has a nice fruity mango smell from the largest PurpleSkunk. My bagseeders are some kind of Kush I'm thinking, as they have a diesel hint to the smell, maybe Vanilla as the buds do have a lighter shade of colors with more blue & purple undertones. I will put the microscope to them today just to be sure. OK till next time TC & cya soon!

right_side9.jpg
right_side21.jpg

seedkush.jpg

left_side11.jpg

greencrk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom