First Time Grower, 20 Plants!

Well, harvesting time has finally come! I finally got done cutting up all the plants today. The first few Granddaddys were cut down at 117 days total grow time (56 veg / 61 flower), and the rest plus all the Bubba OG made it to 127 days. The trichomes were cloudy all the last week, but K kept saying to let it go a little longer.

The spider mites have been a real pain in the ass the last 4 weeks. We'd spray the whole place down and get most of them, then things would be good for 5-7 days, then BAM, overnight there were webs all over the place again!

I think K's concotion really damaged the Granddaddy leaves, as they never recovered. Buds have been pretty light, and not very dense. I think we'll be lucky to get one ounce per plant once the drying is all done.

The Bubbas did better, more big buds, but I think I can forget my hopes of 3 pounds, I think we'll be lucky to get 2. However, some of them still had low density buds that looked more like leaves in the general shape of buds. I want to quit using that spray altogether.

I'm going to ladybugs for the next generation of plants, which is currently 58 days in veg and will start flowering in 1-2 days. I got some ladybugs today, gave them a bit of water, and put them in the fridge until the plants are ready.

I had my second generation plants out 2 weeks ago to cut clones, and saw a few mite webs, and sprayed the hell out of them and trimmed out a bunch of dead leaves. The plants have looked great since them, until yesterday, when mites popped up literally overnight on the tops of almost every damn plant! :yikes:

These ladybugs better work!

Well, harvesting time has finally come! I finally got done cutting up all the plants today. The first few Granddaddys were cut down at 117 days total grow time (56 veg / 61 flower), and the rest plus all the Bubba OG made it to 127 days. The trichomes were cloudy all the last week, but K kept saying to let it go a little longer.

The spider mites have been a real pain in the ass the last 4 weeks. We'd spray the whole place down and get most of them, then things would be good for 5-7 days, then BAM, overnight there were webs all over the place again!

I think K's concotion really damaged the Granddaddy leaves, as they never recovered. Buds have been pretty light, and not very dense. I think we'll be lucky to get one ounce per plant once the drying is all done.

The Bubbas did better, more big buds, but I think I can forget my hopes of 3 pounds, I think we'll be lucky to get 2. However, some of them still had low density buds that looked more like leaves in the general shape of buds. I want to quit using that spray altogether.

I'm going to ladybugs for the next generation of plants, which is currently 58 days in veg and will start flowering in 1-2 days. I got some ladybugs today, gave them a bit of water, and put them in the fridge until the plants are ready.

I had my second generation plants out 2 weeks ago to cut clones, and saw a few mite webs, and sprayed the hell out of them and trimmed out a bunch of dead leaves. The plants have looked great since them, until yesterday, when mites popped up literally overnight on the tops of almost every damn plant! :yikes:

These ladybugs better work!

PICS PICS AND MO PICS, CONGRATS:goodjob::peacetwo:

Well, the bud from from the grow is curing now, I think the weight is 7.5 ounces of Granddaddy, and about 15-1/2 ounces of Bubba OG and Purple Kush combined.

Far less than I thought I'd get, but as I said before, I think K's mite killing spray cost us a lot.

I've got some new plants going now, and I'm using ladybugs on them for mite control. Ladybugs are stupid, you drop them right on top of a bunch of mites, and they walk away. But they must come back later because the mites seem to be controlled with no chemical sprays! So far, 2 weeks into flowering, they seem to be doing ok. Also, I'm using a little can of Ona Block solid/gel for odor control, and it works great, I'm not even using a carbon filter anymore!

I'm not going to document the second grow here, I'll just check in whenever I have a question.

Most Valuable Contributor award for my first grow goes to Screwnuts33, he gave me the most useful information by far. Thanks, Screwnuts! :goodjob:

Overall though, I was very disappointed with the low number of responses to this thread throughout the whole grow cycle.

So I guess we can move this thread to Completed Journals now.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom