McFly's First Hydro Grow Journal Feb 2018

cmeflyin05

This will be my first grow journal, but not my first grow. I have 7 different strains going at this time. I have 2 Dutch Treat going at this time. One is what I have been growing for several years and one I got with the rest of my clones. I will upload pictures when I can.

The strains that I am growing this time are: Dutch Treat 1 and 2, Pink Lemonade, Spirit in the Sky, White IX, Blue Dream, Orange Kush, and Gorilla Glue. ( all clones)

The medium that I am using is Hydroton.
The Nutrients that I am using is General Hrdroponics FloraDuo.
The watering system is a top drip drain to a reservoir. This is on 24/7.
The PH of the solution is ~6.2 and the Temp. that I keep the room is between 60 to 80 degrees.
The lighting system that I am using are 2 Solar Flare T5's. They are 2 feet wide by 4 feet in length.

My Veg. room is 4 feet wide and 9 feet long.

I have used this type of system for years and find it works best for me. I tried an experiment with using tents,5'x5' for the Veg. and a 5'x 9' Flower. I had major problems with bugs and it was just awkward to get into the tents as well as having the tents either ripping or the zipper started to come off. I lost most of my garden due to these issues so I switched back to using rooms.

The clones I use are from ones that I make, but when I lost most of my plants due to bugs and such I had to get most of my clones from a friend of mine.

I will upload pictures when I can.

I was having issues with getting my pictures up. I figured it out with some help. Here are some pic's from the Feb/2018 grow. I will take a pic of White IX in a few.

The Clones were planted on 2/17/2018. I will keep them in the Veg room for 6-8 weeks then move them over to my Flower room. In the Flower room the plants will be in a Deep Water Culture (DWC) system.

The net pots I use fit over a 5 gallon bucket. In Veg I use a top drip to a rezz. When I switch them over to the flower room I use a 5 gallon bucket with a notch taken out so that I can put a air stone in the solution to keep giving the roots air.

I'm subbed up....I can dream about hydro as I do my first soil grow....

:passitleft:

Had to stake a couple of plants today. I wedge the stake in the white piece of 1/2" pvc pipe. The stake goes through the net pot all the way to the bottom of the 5 Gallon bucket. I use Zip Ties to hold the plant to the stake. It is important to stake the plants because when the plants are in Flower the buds get too heavy for the limbs and the stake gives extra support.

Large plants, lots of buds.

I do have a question though.... What is the green light for?

Here are some pic's of my flower room.

These plants were in veg way too long, about 4 months. I was building the flower room while they were in veg.

Gorilla glue is a monster! If you manage to give it good light (it s gonna be a bit hard to give this big plant light everywhere) it s going to pull out a lot of yields!

Gorilla glue is a monster! If you manage to give it good light (it s gonna be a bit hard to give this big plant light everywhere) it s going to pull out a lot of yields!
She is taking a lot of room and 2 lights are are giving her light. This is the biggest plant that I have ever grown.

Some more pic's from today. With the green light on you can see how bright the room gets. I have used this green fluorescent bulb for years and have not experience anything negative from it. I can switch out the water as well as spray the plants with rain water or a spider mite control solution.

With my Flower room getting as cold as it has you can see what color it brings out in the Blackberry Soda. Your Indica dominate strains can withstand colder temps. and change color. Sativa strains don't like the cold as much so the coldest my room gets is 59 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom