Tokeman1's 2k Hydro H20 Cooled Tent

Like X said, if your not going for yield then it doesn't matter that much. But, if yield is part of what you want then I would UBT them (which is simple and hard to make a mistake) and I would also let them veg longer. Just by looking at the plants compared to the size of the buckets I wouldn't flip them yet. Then again you also don't want to pull a bonehead move like I have done and let them veg too long and next thing you know your bending the plant so it doesn't grow into the lights.
I have never done a full tent of LST plants but I think this up coming grow in the tents I will do so in one tent. See how my best growing plant (lemon kush) likes it. Seems like the more you abuse that plant the better it likes it.

I did have my first scare and system failure test during my nutrient res change last week. The funny thing is I have put so much into making sure nothing fails in this set up - especially where any plumbing and leak potential is involved. Now I realize that my systems biggest weakness is me. My lights are on during the night so I have late nights sometimes and was up most of the night making RO water during the change. I filter water in the bathroom and pump from 5 gallon buckets in a bathtub to my 50 gal reservoirs in the grow room. I was almost finished and the last bucket was taking forever to fill, but I didn't think much of it and stayed busy with other stuff for about an hour. The transfer hose had slipped out of the res and was siphoning filtered water slowly and constantly onto the floor of my grow room. Again I am in an apartment on the third floor. By the time I figured it out I had about 12-15 gallons on the floor. Thank God I installed a pond liner - it held. It was a pain in the ass vacuuming out all the water and it freaks me out a bit know because that was only 15 gallons. I have between 100-150 gallons in 3 reservoirs. I am working right now to put in leak detectors that will kill all power if there is a leak in the garden, but the funny thing about this was me make a bone headed and tired mistake. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement - again your journals and A1's have been an immense help. I have been waiting on my buddy to send me the second 1k ballast, but it has been taking longer than expected - everyone is always busy haha. Should have it in this week though and I am completely plumbed and ready for it. So right now I have a 1k digital on overdrive so I am guessing 1050-110 watts hps, and as long as this system can handle the heat (my current chiller is undersized, but with some outside air help I should be able to handle 2k and keep the tent under 80 F. Once I get my new 1HP chiller and set it up, I will be able to handle the heat load year round. I will keep you posted.

Gave you reps Toke for some nice looking plants.
Shit happens dude, especially when we are tired. Right now I'm busy putting all my flo n gro systems together in the tent room. What a PITA lol Gonna get them filled and run some DM Zone through them for 24 hours. Flush a couple of times and then get to planting! Need any help with anything give me a shout and I can PM ya my number.

Hey Tokeman -

Scary stuff with the water - glad it was nothing worse. Floods for you can be a significant problem, so your precautions are wise. We've all had scares (or worse!). Good to be thoughtful and prepared. :thumb:

Happy New Year! :partyboy: :yahoo:

Day 26 really starting to fill in so I am pretty sure I will flip the lights this weekend for flower. My bro has flaked on me for sending me my next 1k light...it was a 400 so now I have to scramble to get something this weekend. Problem is the local hydro stores just rape you compared to online prices but I wont get a light till early next week if I order online. Note to self - Dont be that stoner friend that gives us all this flakey slack ass image. Growing legit is hard work after all....

Been getting good results with a lot of tie downs and twisting. Only FIM'd once and have been defoliating just a little, but that will change soon.

So I couldn't wait on my bro any longer and I bought a light. This puts me up to 2k. The change in one day is unbelievable to me:

At 1k watts I have had no issues with humidity or temp. 2k causes condensation on my pots and tent walls if zipped up. I have a window open with a 200 whisperlite fan bringing in cold air. Right now I am leaving the grow room door open and it is keeping my apartment comfortable while the temp at plant level is 76 F. RH 48%. I don't believe the RH read when I get condensation on the tent walls and pots. Guess I am definitely going to have to get that chiller. Also looks like I'll be needing a dehumidifier as well. Ultimate goal is to be able to keep the tents completely sealed to be able to use a CO generator without it running all the time. I am stoked on how things are going but damn I am broke from this set up....

I'd give you reps if I could but I just gave you some. Plants filling out very nicely! 2k? I wish lol. With everything we have going I'm somewhere near 30 I think.

Hehe no brother I was saying I am at 2000 watts hps on these lights now.- I have about $5.5k in this grow - not including about $350.00 extra rent for the second bedroom.... I need to find a house bad at the end of this lease....

Yeah I am going to play it safe and flip them now - like you said don't be dumb and overload the tent...

BTW I saw you posting about possible light burn - this system lets me keep the 1000 watt bulbs about 6-8 inches from the top of canopy without issue....

Looking good, Tokeman!

What if you did an exhaust fan with a controller that only triggered the exhaust in situations where the RH got too high? Allowing you to keep the co2 without constantly running it, but keeping things from getting too much condensation... I realize you are going a different route for cooling, but that could be a good way to keep the RH in line, perhaps. Dehumidifiers are expensive beasts, but often very helpful. An exhaust fan for the tent, that would only run when needed (and could be set up to work in harmony with your co2) might be another way to consider.

Nice job so far! Congrats on the new light. :thumb:

Looking good, Tokeman!

What if you did an exhaust fan with a controller that only triggered the exhaust in situations where the RH got too high? Allowing you to keep the co2 without constantly running it, but keeping things from getting too much condensation... I realize you are going a different route for cooling, but that could be a good way to keep the RH in line, perhaps. Dehumidifiers are expensive beasts, but often very helpful. An exhaust fan for the tent, that would only run when needed (and could be set up to work in harmony with your co2) might be another way to consider.

Nice job so far! Congrats on the new light. :thumb:

Thanks for the advice X! So for me it's all about stealth and compete control over the environment. I need a properly sized chiller, and once I have that I can probably wipe out the condensation competely as the icebox's with the proper chiller temp set to avoid dew point should solve it. Those chillers are freaking expensive though, and there is still "the next level" I want to take this set up to - complete environmental and at least pH control in a sealed environment all water cooled. I have it figured out, I just have to take it in stages financially and honestly need a harvest or two so the grow starts paying for the investment. You know how all this goes I know....but yeah - no more fans just a chiller.

I use one 440 cfm Panasonic whisperlite with a Phresh filter and silencer for my scrubber. at the top is an Icebox for room AC. It is stupid quiet - if you have fan noise issues look at Panasonics.
Scrubber_AC.jpg

It sits in the tent - no intake no exhaust - and it works like a champ both for odor scrubbing and AC.

Right now my hydrofarm diaphragm air pump is by far the loudest thing in my room. Anyway, thanks for the input, its always appreciated.

Cool, sounds like the chiller is just the ticket to avoiding the dew-point with your system. I really like the water cooled route, wish it were more affordable. Good to know on the Panasonic, btw. :thumb:

Starting second week of flowering. Like a dumbass I was talking about close you can get water cooled lights and i pushed it too far. Bleached the tops of a few ladies, but I don't think its going to totally screw me as I feel like i caught it pretty quick. Still its frustrating because up until this point I felt like I was nailing it with the grow being green and healthy. Now I have this ugly reminder about being over zealous and pushing the limits too much...guess I will have to wait til the next run for a perfect green all the way through grow.

Here are some pics from tonight:

Flower_second_week_3_.JPG
Flower_second_week_2_.JPG
Flower_second_week_4_.JPG

Basically where the leaves look light in the photos is the worst of the bleaching. I need to figure out how to filter to shoot these photos without the HPS washout of how green everything else is. Always something to work on.

Was also starting to have serious humidity concerns so I just installed a new dehumidifier - problems solved - thought it would put off a lot more heat and noise but it has not been a problem at all.

Starting second week of flowering. Like a dumbass I was talking about close you can get water cooled lights and i pushed it too far. Bleached the tops of a few ladies, but I don't think its going to totally screw me as I feel like i caught it pretty quick. Still its frustrating because up until this point I felt like I was nailing it with the grow being green and healthy. Now I have this ugly reminder about being over zealous and pushing the limits too much...guess I will have to wait til the next run for a perfect green all the way through grow.

Here are some pics from tonight:

Flower_second_week_3_.JPG
Flower_second_week_2_.JPG
Flower_second_week_4_.JPG

Looking great - bleaching or not!
Join the long line of people looking for the "perfect grow". ;) It's always something, Tokeman. This grow it's bleaching, next time it's a calcium deficiency, or you drop something and knock a cola off, or forget to plug a pump in, or a timer doesn't turn on, or "ug-bays" (pig-latin)... always something. But, you can still have a really great grow, and minimize the seriousness and frequency of the issues. I feel like I get closer each grow, and I really think this one might be it... (haha!)
Regardless, you can get great results from being tantalizingly close. :yummy:

The Flo N Grow rocks, huh?

Back
Top Bottom