Patient X Water Cooled 1000W Grow Tent

Re: Patient X watercooled 1000w grow tent

I basically kept bumping my strength up until I starting seeing a little tip burn on the plants that are on the edge of the garden. they'll show overfeeding before the plants under the most intense light. the plants under the more intense light will start showing defeciencies first. I'm finding this to even more apperant under the watercooled lamps as they're 25-70% closer to the foliage. I just bumped up the feed strength a little at a time. they greened up within a day or two.

hope thats it, i think it is.

Might also want to drop your pH to around 5.8 with an extra shot of bloom component (would probably do it and would add nutrients instead of just pH-Down) and allow it to gradually climb back up as the nutrients are consumed in order to allow the plants the maximum chance to "eat what they want."

:thanks:

We upped the nutes to half strength and man did they love it. Within only a few days all the new growth looks amazing. Actually going to go another quarter strength either today or tomorrow. Changed some stuff around in the room, first was the plumbing for the light we were using vinyl 1/2 hosing that just collapsed on itself and kinks real easy. Went to a aquarium store and they guy showed my flexible hosing that will never kink this stuff is awesome except that its bigger 3/4. also added a dehumidifier to the room i put a cardboard box on it so all the hot air wouldn't be trapped into the room. seems to be doing a decent job.oh also moved the light reservoir out side of the room to help control the temps better. here is some new pics. also bought a new waterpump ended up getting a triton v4 magnetic drive pump. which was new to me on how to get the darn thing to take off.

CIMG1838.JPG

CIMG1837.JPG

CIMG1835.JPG

CIMG1833.JPG

Might also want to drop your pH to around 5.8 with an extra shot of bloom component (would probably do it and would add nutrients instead of just pH-Down) and allow it to gradually climb back up as the nutrients are consumed in order to allow the plants the maximum chance to "eat what they want."

So how often should i be adding the bloom component? is this a daily thing? Thanks for reading my journal everyone :peace:

Awsome, glad that was it and they are turning around. I tried the minimalistic approach myself on nutes and now am just the opposite. I try to give em as much as they'll take.

Another pearl of wisedom: If you don't have a noflo switch on your lamp, do yourself a favor and pick one up before you do something stupid like I did once. If you ever screw up your setup, it's not easy to recover. Most stores don't stock an extra fresca or any parts. Real easy to accidentaly unplug your pump or blow a circuit or have an actual failure.

I hear ya on the noflo switch im just broke right now so it got pushed to the back burner for another month or so

AWESOME!!!!!! wow what a refreshing journal. I have a 1000watt in a 4x8x7 and run soil. I have had all the exact same problems as you. Thanks to the members working on this journal your no-nonsense responses helped both of us immediately fix a problem. You have also inspired me to purchase one of these water cooled reflectors... Keep it up dude

CK

AWESOME!!!!!! wow what a refreshing journal. I have a 1000watt in a 4x8x7 and run soil. I have had all the exact same problems as you. Thanks to the members working on this journal your no-nonsense responses helped both of us immediately fix a problem. You have also inspired me to purchase one of these water cooled reflectors... Keep it up dude

CK

Thanks Clark I do love how people are willing to help us out. If you go watercooled it can get quite expensive due to the fact you have to chill the 55 gal drum that the light is going through. Also DON'T BUY VINYL hosing that shit will just collapse and kink up. good luck to ya

here is almost a week into flowering

CIMG1858.JPG

CIMG1857.JPG

Like the funnel? we were tired of the light leaking all over the plants. we think we fixed the leak though
CIMG1856.JPG

CIMG1852.JPG

Now at full strength
cam_3_20100611_203534_881.jpg

looks pretty good. Does your camera have a flash? If it does try taking pictures with the flash on right after the lights turn out, it will show the color of the leaves and we can see changes a little better. :rollit:

CK

ok i will its just hard for me to get home from work in time. I will try to post better pics tomorrow. They look a whole lot better though im quite happy

Light leak? Condensation? If your lamp is leaking you probably need to crank down the tension rods a bit. You won't break anything.

any idea how much closer are you able to have the light from the plants then from a standard hps light in a air cooled reflector hood?
have you tried the air cooled system before?, and what is prefered? (at what cost?...)

:nicethread::ganjamon:

I never used aircooled or ever grown before. Watercooled has its ups and downs but you can practically touch the bulb to the plants. but then the light won't get to the outer edges when you have it that close. watercooled is deft more money though but its a whole lot quieter. i wish i could do a compare and contrast but not enough room to put a aircooled setup

any idea how much closer are you able to have the light from the plants then from a standard hps light in a air cooled reflector hood?
have you tried the air cooled system before?, and what is prefered? (at what cost?...)

:nicethread::ganjamon:

I tried to run a 1k in my 4x5 space in a cool tube with a 6" vortex. I had to run the fan so high that the noise was a deal breaker for me. the water cooled, even with a chiller and a window type ac unit is 1/4 the noise level. Plus it gives you total control over your sealed grow room. I use the water temps in my lights to help maintain my environment. If I simply adjust the water temp to about 10 degrees below the desired temp in the room. My AC works a lot less, this allows some humdity to build up in the room. As the plants get into flowering and I want less humidity. I make about a 5 degree difference between air and water and my AC unit starts to run more and dehumidifies at the same time. Plus Co2 injection is easier not having an 800 cfm vacuum running all of the time. Even the smallest leak will suck all of your Co2 out.

I wish I could use air cooled. but my setup lives in 100+ degree heat is only 4 x 8 x 5 and has 2 1k hps lamps. There are no air outlets to the outside of the box or building. Everything is pretty much self contained. It almost looks and sounds like an old bar-built walk in refridgerator.

I've had buds leaning on the glass before. You can get the plants literally inches with no burn, just bleaching.

I set up my first fresca for about the same cost as a good reflector and fan. Less than 300.00 if you are a DIY type.

CIMG1893.JPG

CIMG1892.JPG

CIMG1864.JPG

CIMG1874.JPG

Ok i guess i should have looked at them first...sorry will try for better pics next time

thanks,the top off water we use full strength

Nice, just keep an eye on the less vigorous grown on the edges of the garden. Nute burn will show up here first. Often have slightly burnt tips on the less vigorous, to provide max to the most vigorous. I see no reason to go beyond the recommended full strength unless you have co2.

I had to yank my girls last week and start over....... Our gardens were at about the same place until then....

Back
Top Bottom