Patient X Water Cooled 1000W Grow Tent

Re: Patient X watercooled 1000w grow tent

thanks my temp is usually around 78 during the day time and drops down to about 65 during the night. still have the drooping problem right before the lights shut off..not sure what that is.

still have the drooping problem right before the lights shut off..not sure what that is.

That's normal .... I think the plants get sleepy...they know their schedule

thanks black lips their just getting tired hopefully. so i found out my humidity gets up to around 84 at nights what level should i keep that while they are sleeping?

you should be shooting for no more than 50% max humidity during flowering...how well ventilated is your tent? Fresh air has to be in constant circulation. Though the drooping i would say is your plant going to sleep..they do that in the wild as well, they will droop their leaves at the end of the day and over night, and perk back up come sun up....that is saying that your plants perk up in the mornings????

I agree the plant is just getting a little wee bit tired and is looking forward to bed. Much like our self towards the end of a long day.

When I was younger and didnt know what I was really doing I used to take my small plants cover them with a lid and inject one of those co2 cartridges that go into a pellet gun. LOL it was not only super expense to do it but probably shot the ppm way way past 1500. LOL funny but after I did it all the leafs would all perk up like I fed them crack.

Also, you figured out what your doing with those momma plants? You can get pretty damn creative in my opinion because when the plants are in veg you can do some crazy stuff with their growth.

I once took a plant, topped it after the second node and took each main stem and wrapped it around the top of the pot in opposite directions. It was pretty damn awesome, like lst and toppin. It grow long branches off each node and stayed even the whole way up. I wish I had some picture cause it look so damn cool. You could look down the middle and it looked like a complete circle with noting in the middle. Just like a fence or branches. ha it was pretty awesome.

With my moms I just top them from the start to promote lots of branching then after that I just take cuttings from where ever and make sure to leave a set of node on the branch because if you dont then there will be no more branching from that specific shoot if ya get what im saying. Mom plants are fun though you can do what ever with them and they just keep on growing.

If you keep them for a long while its nice to take them out of their pots and actually trim there root mass by 1/3 or more. That really makes them bust out in new growth up top but thats obviously only used on soil moms. :welldone::nicethread:

This looks like it will be an awesome grow to watch, count me in. I love the Darkroom 150 some day I hope to find a way to justify buying one to the wife....

Good luck brother!:bongrip:

-Rusty

New update going to put the plants in flowering. Right now going to do 30 hrs of darkness then change my bulb to the HPS and put 1/4 of flowering nutes from technaflora. But i have a couple questions do we water/feed the plants during their 30 hrs sleep cycle? and also we want to flush them with RO water do we need to add some nutes to the flushing solution?

thanks Rustydude i love the darkroom 150 easy to get in and out of.

oh also have a dehumidifier going so i can control the humidity better

Hello this is my first grow and i hope im doing it right. first of all thank you for some great forum reading. here we go. 1st time grow

What strain is it? White Widow 12 from clones
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? ...
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 1 week in my setup from clones
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? hydro ebb and flow
Size of light? 1000watt mh
Is it aircooled? water cooled
Temp of Room/cab? 74
RH of Room/cab? 65
PH of media or res? 5.9
Any Pests ? hope not
schedule for lights 18/6
How often are you watering? 5 times
Type and strength of ferts used? technbloom quarter strength 740ppm

this is what i ended up getting
Darkroom 150l Secret Jardin - The Dark Room 150

Ebb and Groww Ebb and flow 12 bucket 2 gallon
C.A.P. Custom Automated Products:
Ebb & Gro 12 Grow Site System Complete w/ 55 gallon reservoir - NEW Version [EBB-12] - Hydroponic Systems - Grow Systems - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture Source

Fresco Sol Liquid Cooled with magnum reflector
Fresco Sol Water Cooled Grow Light System : Grow Light Supply

Hanna ph, TDS Monitor
81TdjcI8u_L_AA1500_.jpg

Nextgen Ballast
C.A.P. Custom Automated Products: NEXTGEN 1000w Switchable Digital Ballast - 90 to 260 volt [NG1000] - Ballasts, Capacitors & Parts - Lighting Systems - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture Source

4”, 175 cfm Vortex Powerfan with filter https://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=11370

solarmax metal halide conversion bulb
https://www.hydroponics.ne/i/131466

solarmax super 1000hps
https://www.wormsway.com/detail.aspx?sku=SBC600&AC=1

55 gallon for the lights with a aqua chiller 1/10hp keeps the res at 90
Sunleaves AquaChill - 132 gal, 1/10HP - Hydroponic Components - Worm's Way -

Stealth-RO100 Reverse Osmosis System
Stealth-RO100 Reverse Osmosis System

CIMG1744.JPG
CIMG1743.JPG
CIMG1749.JPG
CIMG17661.JPG
CIMG17611.JPG
CIMG1747.JPG
CIMG1765.JPG
CIMG17141.JPG
CIMG1730.JPG
CIMG1729.JPG
CIMG1719.JPG
CIMG1722.JPG
CIMG1723.JPG
CIMG1721.JPG

not sure how to fix them last few pictures. and that creepy eye is a webcam
411xr0_3T-L.jpg

pimp brother

New update going to put the plants in flowering. Right now going to do 30 hrs of darkness then change my bulb to the HPS and put 1/4 of flowering nutes from technaflora. But i have a couple questions do we water/feed the plants during their 30 hrs sleep cycle? and also we want to flush them with RO water do we need to add some nutes to the flushing solution?

oh also have a dehumidifier going so i can control the humidity better

Hi there. Great grow and setup going. Big props on all the obvious research before getting started with the setup.

As far as darkness, nutes, and flush...

The darkness may or may not be necessary - up to you. As far as nutes go, and related to an earlier question about the Calcium and Magnesium, the RO water needs additives. They are present in unfiltered water, but when using RO you need to add Cal/Mag + at about 3-5ml/g.

The flush is not a bad idea at the beginning of Veg, but you don't need to drop to 1/4 nutes after. Clearex is a flushing agent from Botanicare that will do the job quickly if you want. Then you should feed them per their standard schedule - about 1200ppm for full Veg - 1350 Early Flower. The important thing is that it be a well balanced feeding. Many labels refer to this week as the "Transition" week.

+Reps for a great start!

:bravo::peace:

Ok thanks for the advice. im doing what pitviper told my roomate. so were going to put Ph'd RO water in and let it go through the 4 feeding cycles with just RO water and turn the lights back on in 36 hrs. and once we change the bulb and put them on 12/12 going to add the nutes after 24 hrs of light. Not sure how were going to clean out the control bucket im thinking maybe a shop vac, since it has some film left on it. thanks again everyone for your help im going to post some new pics once were done with the dark cycle. :thanks:

ok we are now offically on 12/12 with HPS light. The plants aren't looking so good on the leaves they have burn marks which looks like over nutes. we started the blooming fert with quarter strength. here is some pics. any suggestions?

cam_3_20100605_190022_298.jpg

CIMG1805.JPG

CIMG1798.JPG

CIMG1794.JPG

CIMG1802.JPG

CIMG18011.JPG

CIMG1790.JPG

:thanks::thanks:

Kind of hard to tell but if the plants are getting pale in color, I think you need a lot more than 1/4 strength. I have found that plants under the watercooled lights can really soak up the nutes. Keep in mind that having that lamp 25% closer gives you 2X the lumens. the inverse square law can work to our benefit too. So your hitting them with 2X the light than most growers are able to, how can 1/4 the normal feed support the potential growth?

My plants show nute burn at the tips first. What ppm were you running your veg nutes at?

My plants had the same kind of defeciencies. The lighter I went the worse they got, so I tried the opposite! I'm finding myself running up tp 2000 ppm solution to keep them happy now. I am running co2, which also requires a heavy dose of nutes as well but from what I can see from your photos, you need to crank it up a bit.

Hey I flipped to 12/12 on the first as well. the 2nd was the first true day.

Again, i would say you need to up the nute strength. mine had almost the exact appearance. i have had the same issue every crop at about 3-4 weeks, or once they start getting big. You could always isolate one bucket and flood it with a higher ppm to see. Right now, if i go 2 days with out fairly strong feed my plants will start to look like that. This round, after uping to strength, my plants are a deep rich green. I have some old leaves I'll try to post a pic of tonight.

IMG_04036.JPG

look familiar?

I picked some of these from the bottom of the plant. they have recovered all they're going to. They were completely pale in color before I ramped up the feed. Some of the older dark green growth got those rust looking spots on them as well but I trimmed them off already.

IMG_04045.JPG

These came off some of the newer growth. Everything is nice and deep green now. the only leaves that are looking sickly are the old ones.

cam_3_20100606_192137_177.jpg

following your advice bumped up the nutes now at .5 strength will post some pics in a couple of days. thanks Budlydowright

Back
Top Bottom