Tokeman1's 2k Hydro H20 Cooled Tent

Thanks X...I hear ya and know from experience not to trip to hard on something this minor. Now that they are finishing the stretch, most of the damage is overgrown. And after defoliation tonight there is little evidence of any bleaching. So her are some shots of beginning of week three (technically tomorrow, whatever...:scratchinghead:

So tonight I defoliated (ruthlessly for my normal style) Here are the before shots:

begining_of_third_week_flowering_9_.JPG
begining_of_third_week_flowering_29_.JPG
begining_of_third_week_flowering_28_.JPG
begining_of_third_week_flowering_36_.JPG
begining_of_third_week_flowering_24_.JPG

Hey Tokeman,
Just dropping in to sub up, drop some reps, and a rating.
That setup you have is awesome!
Very excited to see how you do with it.
:thumb:

Thanks everyone for the cooments and new subs. :welcome:

Corey your help and advice were spot on with the microwave trick. Thanks again for such great and easy to use nutrients!!:thumb::thumb:

So been super busy but things have filled in nicely since last post after first defoliation. Like a stoner I have my calendar printed out in such a way that I counted an extra week - everything is currently at day 23 of flowering, not 32. I am defoliating again as things are crowded. I added another fan down below the canopy on the floor to get more air circulation. I have had traces of powdery mildew on a couple lower fan leaves - this was before I had defoliated or had a dehumidifier. since then I have added a dehumidifier and sprayed everything down with 8.3 PH water. I also sprayed with a weak solution of Natria on the lower portions of the plants. I have seen no evidence of powdery mildew since, but I will be spraying with the alkaline water every 8-10 days until the buds really start to gain more mass. I feel that I will be able to control this for 5 more weeks; but I know enough about powdery mildew and how fast it can fuck everything up if there is a lack of diligence and preventative measures taken once detected.

Here are before defoliation picks.....sorry I was to lazy to adjust my camera settings so the HPS has really washed things orange. the plants are a deep green in regular light. There is some bleaching of the tallest colas, but everything is crystalling up nicely and I do not feel it will really be an issue.

Day_23_Flowering_before_2nd_defoliation_9_.JPG
Day_23_Flowering_before_2nd_defoliation_6_.JPG
Day_23_Flowering_before_2nd_defoliation_5_.JPG
Day_23_Flowering_before_2nd_defoliation_4_.JPG
Day_23_Flowering_before_2nd_defoliation_3_.JPG
Day_23_Flowering_before_2nd_defoliation_1_.JPG

So next round I am going to be more diligent about training and defoliating earlier. I have decided to take some bleaching on the tallest mid center colas in order to blast everything else as much as possible. The bleached leaves are still crystalling up nicely and there is a lot of green still left, but I want to keep the lights at this height til finish. Going with 8 buckets instead of 10 should help as well since I definitely feel crowded with this run. I would have like to have a little more height but I don't see how I would have been able to accomadate the extra spread that would bring with 10 plants. Guess we'll see...Thanks for checking in!

So next round I am going to be more diligent about training and defoliating earlier. I have decided to take some bleaching on the tallest mid center colas in order to blast everything else as much as possible. The bleached leaves are still crystalling up nicely and there is a lot of green still left, but I want to keep the lights at this height til finish. Going with 8 buckets instead of 10 should help as well since I definitely feel crowded with this run. I would have like to have a little more height but I don't see how I would have been able to accomadate the extra spread that would bring with 10 plants. Guess we'll see...Thanks for checking in!

Looking fantastic, Tokeman - great grow!! :bravo:

I agree with you on the plant count - I think you'd find that you'll get similar if not better yield with fewer plants properly managed. It's tough to find that balance, sometimes, but they like a little elbow-room. I'm really pushing that this round myself, and there's no doubt I'm too crowded. It's much easier to control the canopy height and get light to the lower levels with slightly fewer plants...

Again, beautiful garden my friend! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom